[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

"
Kek_is_love wrote:
"
bastimars wrote:
Hey guys I'm wondering if going GC on a staff as secondary set is an viable option for bosses. Have you any thoughts about that?
I think it synergizes pretty well with the build.
It's actually not a bad idea. You can go GC or flame surge in off slot pledge of hands. But it is cluncky and just using BV for all is overall way better. After all, BV in this build can easily do all the content except for maybe uberelder and deep aul.

In that case, wouldn't it be better to go full retard and buy a "The Grey Spire" to just enjoy +300% increased global damages and +4% maximum elemental resistances?
I mean, it would be very lazy but still pretty interesting no?
Done with this build for this league, but I think Ascendant Slayer might be the best for the BV variant.

Assassin would be great for base crit, power charge and clear speed but would probably take some minor tree changes.

Elementalist/Inquisitor would be really good for bosses, Shock/Inc Ele Damage taken and Pen is always nice to have. Not to mention Elemenalist+ Heralds would be great.

Pathfinder could also be good, more clear speed, consistent flasks up. You'd want a triple balanced wise oak at the very least.

Might be worth looking into for whoever does this build next.
Last edited by Reaven1911 on Oct 11, 2018, 4:53:17 PM
So has anyone tried spiritual aid?
"
Reaven1911 wrote:
Done with this build for this league, but I think Ascendant Slayer might be the best for the BV variant.

Assassin would be great for base crit, power charge and clear speed but would probably take some minor tree changes.

Elementalist/Inquisitor would be really good for bosses, Shock/Inc Ele Damage taken and Pen is always nice to have. Not to mention Elemenalist+ Heralds would be great.

Pathfinder could also be good, more clear speed, consistent flasks up. You'd want a triple balanced wise oak at the very least.

Might be worth looking into for whoever does this build next.
Only reason this build is slayer and not ascendant slayer+whatever is overkill leech. It is enormous QoL if you want to run RF all the time. Ascendant ele+slayer is the best for non-rf BV though
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
Updated for 3.4, sorry about the absurdly long delay!
@Kek_is_love
Can you plz post the pob for your final crit variant? You mentioned it was able to run any map mods, so I'm interested to see.
I think I hit the limit i can do on my non-crit, upto t16 everything is easy with and without RF. RF+Vaal RF + Vaal BV is a fast way to down a boss.

Lacking recovery on guardians + oneshots from chimera/mino.
With the non-crit this is a good map farmer/gem leveling. MF is possible but limited by goldwyrm MS and lack of MS skill.
Uberlab is very good, but not 1-shot proof on some Izaro buffs (like full charges+essences slash ability I got killed 3 times in a row with basalt/EC/AA up). So not 6man carry anyday tier, but still great.

Downside is a death on some non-arena bosses where u can't use worms and stack blades like elder.

So is this build viable as a starter and decent for mapping? I see a lot of people complaining about bossing and transition issues in this thread so far. I'm also afraid of bossing damage. Concept seems amazing but investment in decent blues seem to end out being much more costly than buying from people posting decent res rares for less than 5c.
Last edited by Knoety on Nov 19, 2018, 1:40:03 PM
It's typically better suited as a second build IMO.

You can definitely farm maps like crazy with minimal investment though - it's just the bossing that gets tricky due to being squishy and lower DPS.

This absolute madman rolled the original build in Delve HC and is currently level 88... I'm pretty sure the original build is still entirely viable.

https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/Fear/MagicGearOP?i=16&search=item%3DObliteration
I've been messing around with this build in Standard again. Basically the same skill tree as the original build post (Vaal pact).

I've found casting BV to be a bit clunky, particularly with no increased duration. It's better with spell echo but the DPS isn't great.

so far, Scorching ray Cast while channeling BV + supports has been pretty good. I leave RF on and just go to town. The reduced fire res seems to be helping greatly. The synergy between SR, BV (with some fire shaper stat conversion to fire) and RF all work together very well. You can potentially add combustion instead of Immolate / Ele focus and get up to -43% fire res (or 43% fire pen) as well.

Honestly the damage seems fine and there's lots more room to go. It's still more defensive than DP because you can dip out and get your 10 stacks up and then dive back in - or you can just face tank as needed. I think there can be more focus on how to make the build more defensive at this point tbh.

Food for thought for any theory crafters who might be able to optimize it.

Here's my build so far:
https://pastebin.com/4rdWHKzi
Last edited by BruceWirris on Nov 29, 2018, 1:20:57 AM
So new league coming and I don't see anything that might nerf the build whatsoever.
But Carcass jack had a buff from 20% area of effect to 40-50%.
This thing about stat sticks isn't affecting us right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info