[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

"
Reaven1911 wrote:
Awesome single target, how will you clear? RF doesn't have any dot damage, will you just spam BV and run through maps with it? Will you have enough cast speed etc to keep the stacks up comfortably without stopping between every mob etc.
11 sec BV duration. 2-3 stacks will have enough damage to kill a few mobs, rest will die from explosions. So, yes, that's the gameplay: cast BV 3 times, pop flasks, pop phase run, run for 10 sec, rinse, repeat.
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
Last edited by Kek_is_love on Aug 29, 2018, 3:51:03 AM
Any way we could utilize Spiritual Aid to get Minion Damage applying to us, and stack %damage via Minion Damage? Maybe can utilize some minion to make it more worth it to path that way.
"
vegeto079 wrote:
Any way we could utilize Spiritual Aid to get Minion Damage applying to us, and stack %damage via Minion Damage? Maybe can utilize some minion to make it more worth it to path that way.

I am planning on running slayer-elementalist scion, starting with dual oblit + shitload of minion passives for amusing explosions and then probably switching to different endgame gear (I may even keep some zombies along for amusement value but that is bit TBD). Those minion damage nodes are insanely good (especially the one near templar that I forget name of that gives flat damage AND minion damage like 24% total or so).

With enough generic damage from the tree, I do not see the point in hidden potential anymore though in 2x oblit build so I guess it will be bit different from what is portrayed here.

Initial setup I am planning is EO LT+CwC+Arc (with situational RF/VRF use), and then move up to crit PP VD+BS and-or BV once I have enough cash for gear (notably 3x might of the meek and PP's, Inpulsa isn't really mandatory in my opinion in most non-elementalist builds).

TBH I am surprised if generic damage from minion passives does not get nerfed sometime in 3.5, plenty of stuff it is great for (chaos spell builds come to mind as well).
Last edited by Damezumari on Aug 31, 2018, 2:44:31 AM
"
Damezumari wrote:
"
vegeto079 wrote:

I am planning on running slayer-elementalist scion, starting with dual oblit + shitload of minion passives for amusing explosions and then probably switching to different endgame gear (I may even keep some zombies along for amusement value but that is bit TBD). Those minion damage nodes are insanely good (especially the one near templar that I forget name of that gives flat damage AND minion damage like 24% total or so).

With enough generic damage from the tree, I do not see the point in hidden potential anymore though in 2x oblit build so I guess it will be bit different from what is portrayed here.

Initial setup I am planning is EO LT+CwC+Arc (with situational RF/VRF use), and then move up to crit PP VD+BS and-or BV once I have enough cash for gear (notably 3x might of the meek and PP's, Inpulsa isn't really mandatory in my opinion in most non-elementalist builds).

TBH I am surprised if generic damage from minion passives does not get nerfed sometime in 3.5, plenty of stuff it is great for (chaos spell builds come to mind as well).
It's kinda complicated. I'd rather just grab a lot of 20%inc damage after kill abyssal jewels instead if you want to remove hidden potential. I've barely managed to get 7k life at lvl 93 char with almost no damage on a tree whatsoever. Tbh minion nodes are not that great, outside of that "apply to you" wheel, there barely any 10+% free for the taking nodes around the tree. Don't forget, a jewel can roll 7% life, 12% inc area damage and 12% inc chaos dmg/16%spell damage +something else(luxury). For the cost of 2-3 nodes.
Last edited by Kek_is_love on Aug 31, 2018, 9:38:16 AM
Retribution for example is 24% damage + some cast speed + int node. There's one or two other interesting ones as well.

Anyway, I am going for jewels as well although usually I cannot be bothered to trade that much for them (last league got some ignite jewels for self-ignite build, reckless defenses for Xirgil's, and watcher's eye just because I couldn't bother farming elder enough).

So I am mostly looking at the dual oblit + general damage part as starter and then respeccing to something weird and wonderful in 85-90 range if I want to continue playing scion and I have the currency for it :)

While having plenty of general damage from the jewel would be nice, I think the hassle of rolling magical items to be decent enough to have resists etc that actually work does make it quite painful (at least with my 77 level experience I did during last week of flashback and hour or two in std with bit better gear).

In league starter, I want anyway

- best dps guns I can get (which probably means about some cast speed + 100 spell damage each wands; much more than jewel bonus + magic wands without shitload of rerolling at least)

- plenty of life+resists (hard to gear without lot of rerolling; guess I could get 3-4 blues in without much trouble but that's just 75-100 increased damage, which while nice, can be probably covered by some funky uniques in the same slots)

Obliterations will blow up packs with just generic damage from tree (been too lazy to count but I estimate it at 100-150%) now so it is just matter of how to get the ball rolling + kill the boss.

Last edited by Damezumari on Aug 31, 2018, 3:26:20 PM
"
It's kinda complicated. I'd rather just grab a lot of 20%inc damage after kill abyssal jewels instead if you want to remove hidden potential. I've barely managed to get 7k life at lvl 93 char with almost no damage on a tree whatsoever. Tbh minion nodes are not that great, outside of that "apply to you" wheel, there barely any 10+% free for the taking nodes around the tree. Don't forget, a jewel can roll 7% life, 12% inc area damage and 12% inc chaos dmg/16%spell damage +something else(luxury). For the cost of 2-3 nodes.

Hmm. Inc damage after kills are bit iffy when bossing, and that's where this build was most at trouble for me. I guess worm jar, but some stuff like guardians + elder do not provide trash to kill which makes it painful :p

( Hmm. Slayer-Pathfinder? Then I'd lose the juicy ele reflect immunity though.. )

Last edited by Damezumari on Aug 31, 2018, 3:53:45 PM
How does it feel in delve? I think BV variant should be really great for darkness exploration without extra RF degen
Hmmm, "ExtremelyCheap" in the title is Extremely Missleading. Getting specific blue rares is next to impossible without throwing thousands of Alts onto items (because surprise surprise, noone is selling blue items with any mentionworthy rolls). On top of that on 5-link single target damage seems to be rather abysmal without all the jewels - at 76 I can't kill Merc Izaro in timely fashion and leech is rather meh - it's ok to keep RF going, it's not nearly enough to keep HP topped up during boss fights... I wanted to try something new this league and I have to say I'm disappointed with the results. I'm scrapping this and shoving into "doesn't come online without TONS of investments" drawer. Good for farming Blood Aqueducts though...
Last edited by Marrond on Sep 3, 2018, 5:07:40 PM
"
Marrond wrote:
Hmmm, "ExtremelyCheap" in the title is Extremely Missleading. Getting specific blue rares is next to impossible without throwing thousands of Alts onto items (because surprise surprise, noone is selling blue items with any mentionworthy rolls). On top of that on 5-link single target damage seems to be rather abysmal without all the jewels - at 76 I can't kill Merc Izaro in timely fashion and leech is rather meh - it's ok to keep RF going, it's not nearly enough to keep HP topped up during boss fights... I wanted to try something new this league and I have to say I'm disappointed with the results. I'm scrapping this and shoving into "doesn't come online without TONS of investments" drawer. Good for farming Blood Aqueducts though...
It took me 1 ex worth of alts to craft almost every blue items on me, so it's nt that terrible, also farming uberlab easily, so idk what are you talking about rly.
"
akavangop wrote:
How does it feel in delve? I think BV variant should be really great for darkness exploration without extra RF degen
Works great: start the cart, cast 3 stacks of bv, pop worms, pop blood rage, pop rf, pop phase run, pop flasks. Run in front of the cart(makes it quick af), stop to cast bv 3-4 times and phase run on the way when they end(takes like 1 second). So far pretty good.
Last edited by Kek_is_love on Sep 4, 2018, 2:22:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info