[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

I've been getting rekted on this build against bosses. They just hit way too hard and there's nothing to leech against most bosses. How do you handle bosses?
"
ngoltz91 wrote:
"
while on paper DP is nice and does shit ton more damage, it drains your life way too fast. Probably with RF drop we can go for that, but with RF it feels really terrible sometimes.

i completely agree with both running it is a bit much for regen however RF doesnt actually provide that much dps when compared to DP and with this build is really only there to help u clear trash and from my experience tbh u dont even need to run RF it just makes mapping smoother, it is completely possible to run around with just DP and do the maps NP u just have to stop for every pack.
I am currently testing out your style of the build and tbh idk if i am doing somethign wrong but it feels really really clunky for a lot of fights missing a lot of health maybe or something? idk the lightning tends style of the build feels more safe and TBH DP even feels safer yes you damage yourself but you have more health to back it up and with the switch of 1 item more leech then u need more health to take punchs and A LOT more damage.
my setup is offhand pledge with flame surge and dark pact for clearing. On normal maps stacked leech is enough to kill boss even on guardian maps, on shaper i am using leech corrupt carnage heart for more leech.
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
"
x2Real wrote:
I've been getting rekted on this build against bosses. They just hit way too hard and there's nothing to leech against most bosses. How do you handle bosses?

What bosses? Generic map bosses or specific ones?
The build really doesn't shine at bossing, so it's normal for you to struggle a bit with them. You need to know what each map boss does (a bit harder with the atlas change this patch)
If multiple bosses you kind of have to kite to be able to dps them one at time. Not sure what setup you're using for single target, but most follow the same cycle - get near them, spam as much as you can, if you see your health dip, run away for a bit. Go back in, and repeat.
Can somebody take a look at my tree and gear and tell me why I'm dying on tier 9 bosses (tower map).
I have 6368 life/466 shield/75% (82/105/81) resists and - 36% chaos. One hit kill. HOW?
Armour is 4600 (27% reduction) and Silken hood.
Really appreciated
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
x2Real wrote:

What bosses? Generic map bosses or specific ones?
The build really doesn't shine at bossing, so it's normal for you to struggle a bit with them. You need to know what each map boss does (a bit harder with the atlas change this patch)
If multiple bosses you kind of have to kite to be able to dps them one at time. Not sure what setup you're using for single target, but most follow the same cycle - get near them, spam as much as you can, if you see your health dip, run away for a bit. Go back in, and repeat.

I just started mapping and I can easily die on the tier 1/2 bosses. I'm using dark pact for single target.
"
mikocharnel wrote:
Can somebody take a look at my tree and gear and tell me why I'm dying on tier 9 bosses (tower map).
I have 6368 life/466 shield/75% (82/105/81) resists and - 36% chaos. One hit kill. HOW?
Armour is 4600 (27% reduction) and Silken hood.
Really appreciated
let me guess. shavs made a slam and you died, well, that is supposed to be oneshot for anyone.
What should i get first? 5l Carcass Jack, 5l Pledge of Hands or good jewels?
Last edited by AuroraLightning on Dec 21, 2017, 9:05:00 AM
"

5L pledge isn't very useful. You can get a 6L chest for ~20c, and then craft it with transmute/alts/augments until it's decent. Jewels are also important.
"
I think i posted this in faq about flame surge option. you got to start with 6l blue chest and random 6l staff, then go for 6l blue chest and 5l pledge, then get 6l pledge, then get 6l carcass
Spoiler
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
Will post my own F.A.Q. here just in case it will help someone(only covering my specific flame surge VP slayer version(as i consider it the best and the most minmaxable), should be around page 8 if you wanna have a look).

Use arakalli pantheon with blood rage +ic cwdt trick, drop RF and clear map via DP alone, RF not boosting explosions, so ain't gonna be hard. On bosses flame dash them to make them burn before you flame surge them down.

Get warding experimenter's sulphur flask, iirc from 3.0 flasks can temporarly beat curse map mods.

Yes, just pick devoto, bisco(swap to carnage on bosses) and run sadima's instead of essence crafted gloves. Also, use faster casting and inc aoe setup for DP, since we don't need it on bosses. Worth mentioning Lunaris pantheon for more ms. Also, you better have 5+ 2 damage mod jewels, since loss of 65%(90% with hh) inc damage is quite noticable on explosions.

Yes, drop blasphemy, offensively use flame surge to proc arcane surge, make sure to use worms popping at start and last but not least, get fire dmg leech corruption on carnage for bosses, gonna be enough for sustaining.

Use worms trick right in moment when shaper saying his last words, use rf and flame surge him down. If you are familliar with fight won't be a trouble. Unshaped is a fucker, just kite him around pillar/wall and don't let him kill you.

6l blue chest+5l pledge => 6lblue chest+6l pledge => 6l carcass + 6l pledge
Swap your quicksilver to stibnite flask with reduced charges used and shock immunity, use solaris and tukohama pantheon, don't forget to fortify via vigilant strike. Not very HC strat, but will minimise your rip chance anyway.

Set your attack in place to 4 (or any number) at right side numlockable panel. have hum lock open, hold 4, press hum lock. Profit. Now you won't start walking on flame dash far use. N.B. this will make your vigilant strike attack not on target, but in place.

If you have blue wand and RotP from original guide, use them and DP instead of flame surge setup. Also, you will have to swap to bossing(spell echo+conc) setup right before arena. N.B. It is the best way to deal with Phoenix ele reflect or not.

No, buddy! No way!

Sure, but you will have to carry that Kaoms with you while clearing and equip it when you reach arena. Also make sure you are res capped when you unequip Carcass.

Yes, and it does wonders.

It is not glasscannon build and it is not specified for bossing. It is good for clearing, decent for bosses. Can't ask for more on that budget.

Coz more damage to ignited enemies and aoe tag.
We don't use it for clearing anyway, and i can't think of stronger single target here.

Idk, we are too socket starved, lmk if you find out. (Only idea i have is we drop 2 support gems of RF and place there Orb of storms with PCoC)

Probably will update later)

Last edited by Kek_is_love on Dec 21, 2017, 9:48:29 AM
"
Kek_is_love wrote:

I want to ask about this Sin Trek Stealth Boots - Enemies Cannot Leech from you. Speed, up to 100% Evasion, +160 Energy shield.
Is it worth replacement?
Last edited by mikocharnel on Dec 22, 2017, 12:07:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info