[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

I have played this build on scion. To sustain RF on the endless leech of slayer, you need to leech from a shot gun damage, and it will leech life like for 3 minutes or more. 20% overkill leech node of slayer does this but scion doesn't. So if you want to run RF on scion, you should need Abyss Hunger jewel + any vinktar flask(20% chaos leech with 5 corrupted items) . After then, you can even put new despair gem instead of warlord's mark. You can check that setup of my character 'Infestedfirefly'.
ign:YeobaeK
Great build but playable on 3.1? Saw your character using magic wand+Rise of the Phoenix atm (will be nerf).
"
bivike wrote:
Great build but playable on 3.1? Saw your character using magic wand+Rise of the Phoenix atm (will be nerf).

Oh, it's definitely playable for 3.1, I was just testing variations of it. Using Rise of the Phoenix + purity of fire, marble amulet and a little extra regen from the tree dropped my hp from 7.7k to 7.5k life. Doing this allowed me to run RF off regen alone, leaving the extra leech to act as a buffer. Although this would let you run no-leech maps, Vaal pact variant may be better. I'll probably post more than one tree.

I was also testing using Blight->cwc-->darkpact->voidmanip->cont.destruct->efficacy using two spreading rot jewels. This yields just about the same damage, not sure if a little more or a little less. You do lose life from 2 jewels though (putting me at 7.3k). So it's probably just a way to economize while saving up for the jewels. It opens up the use of a breath of the council though, so that could make it easier to gear for single target.

One more thing to mention is that belt of the deceiver will no longer be a good budget option given that 'intimidate' will now only affect attacks.
Last edited by lucksickle on Dec 7, 2017, 10:14:14 AM
I'm trying to decide what to run in 3.1 this looks super fun. How is it leveling? Is guidance the same with the nerfs?
Just made a rough draft with the 3.1 passive tree, going as previously for Dark Pact only. Is it me, or is the build actually buffed by the new Vaal Pact? I mean, you lose exactly 10% damage output via Dark Pact nerf, but you're getting about 12% max HP / sec more life recovery, which might allow you to swap Enfeeble / Purity of elements for the new Despair curse, bringing the damage back? The increased life recovery is a huge deal.
Yes, total damage nerf is not big, and leech buff with vaal pact is much higher. And there is a new common/magic/rare/(unique?) belt with abyssal socket. And there is a new uniques. And with abyssal sockets we can replace not-very-useful skill gems with abyssal jewels to buff things they gonna buff ^.^

This build will be my starter tomorrow as a slayer with a "3.0 single curse tree" but three 5% hp nodes will be changed to vaal pact and two hp regen nodes on a way to jewel will be changed to mana regen. I don't think scion can replace slayer because lack of 20% overkill leech. That is what makes those limited instances of leech to last for so long, I guess. I've tried standard and scion trees from this thread in poeplanner and they are really close at hp/def/res/dmg values.

And I will definitely keep an eye on this thread for any new info/trees/gear/anything.
Last edited by LordOmni on Dec 8, 2017, 1:06:44 AM
Still want to start with that build.
That nerfs is ok? i mean "Slayer: Brutal Fervour no longer grants +10% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate."
Any huge changes in guide?
Has someone a PoB pastebin link for the Slayer regen (No VP) Version of this build in Version 3.1? Would like to try it out and play a little bit for the numbers.
Nice trees there. Good job d_^.^_b.

P.S. Slayer image is 3.0 version. And slayer trees has no ascendancy set.
Last edited by LordOmni on Dec 8, 2017, 3:12:23 PM
"
Nice trees there. Good job d_^.^_b.
P.S. Slayer image is 3.0 version. And slayer trees has no ascendancy set.

Thanks, I've updated these.

"
MasterMok wrote:
Has someone a PoB pastebin link for the Slayer regen (No VP) Version of this build in Version 3.1? Would like to try it out and play a little bit for the numbers.

Hi, I don't have PoB 3.1 yet, has it been updated already?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info