[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

We should also keep the new despair curse in mind. Reduced chaos res, flat chaos dmg on hit and increased dot damage seems pretty good on paper. We should wait for the patch notes.
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
Osirius wrote:
I plan to do this in 3.1. How do you think the Vaal Pact change would work with it?

Hi, I've held off any sort of theorycrafting for 3.1 since I don't know what changes will come with it. Once patch notes are up I'll have a better idea of what the state of the build is, if it isn't just straight-out killed. I think it's safe to assume Slayer will get a rework with the current iteration of Vaal Pact since it would otherwise make it a very broken class. I'm not sure if Dark Pact will see some toning down or if Poison will be buffed perchance? There's lots to look forwards to. I'd also like to mention that the increase to pack density mentioned in one of the announcements heavily favors this build!

The one thing I can spoil you guys with though, is the interaction between a new unique and two other ones:
Inpulsa's Broken Heart
Berek's Respite
Vessel of Vinktar

Disclaimer - I don't know how they'll work exactly, but it sounds fun to me in paper :^)

How else can we do lightning damage if we cant afford vinktar?
What are your thoughts on a blood magic variant? Either scion or duelist...

i've been messing around a bit with a scion tree for this build now that the patch notes are out, and going VP with it we can save a LOT of unnecessary regen nodes and pathing, allowing us to get a ton more HP, among other creature comforts...
"
blackfire100 wrote:
What are your thoughts on a blood magic variant? Either scion or duelist...

i've been messing around a bit with a scion tree for this build now that the patch notes are out, and going VP with it we can save a LOT of unnecessary regen nodes and pathing, allowing us to get a ton more HP, among other creature comforts...
well, i will try to roll it in PoB later. We are losing arcane surge purity of fire and blasphemy that way, so i highly doubt that this will be endgame viable.
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
well we can get away with purity in an essence wurm... it wouldn't be 100% uptime but maybe a cwdt setup for curse? I'll fool around on POB tomorrow and see what i can come up with
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
"
Kritolaos wrote:
any chance to use a meele skill like molten strike? we can also use immolate because we got RF up all time... the leech during boss fight is better than with dark pact...

maybe with oro sacrifice swap

melee, huh, well, will roll in PoB later, i don't think that it is gonna work.

have you tried it?
"
Kritolaos wrote:
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
"
Kritolaos wrote:
any chance to use a meele skill like molten strike? we can also use immolate because we got RF up all time... the leech during boss fight is better than with dark pact...

have you tried it?
It is gonna be completely another build, no rf and you better just take berserker guide for it and snap slayer in.
"
Kek_is_love wrote:
"
Kritolaos wrote:
"
Kek_is_love wrote:

have you tried it?
It is gonna be completely another build, no rf and you better just take berserker guide for it and snap slayer in.

i wanna use the clear speed and the play style of ur build... stack area dmg and generic damage is ok for a melee skill, i'll lose only rf spell dmg but I will use his damage and immolation.
anyway ok I'll try it when 3.1 comes out
"
Kritolaos wrote:

i wanna use the clear speed and the play style of ur build... stack area dmg and generic damage is ok for a melee skill, i'll lose only rf spell dmg but I will use his damage and immolation.
anyway ok I'll try it when 3.1 comes out
If you want balls that badly, go for Magma orb, it does wonders with this build. Cleaspeed is mostly achieved via obliterations, so you might aswell try to become a wander, lmao. https://pastebin.com/j2LkyQjg for cwc magma orb obliteraion clearing
Last edited by Kek_is_love on Dec 6, 2017, 2:33:09 PM
Here's a scion tree i mocked up https://pastebin.com/Basp5YTT ... any input is appreciated. this is assuming a +1 amulet

Also i left pathing right at the spot where VP will be.
Last edited by blackfire100 on Dec 6, 2017, 4:28:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info