3.1 SSF DW Sunder Bleed Slayer\Gladiator - From Hillock to Shaper on a Tabula

Hello,

Apologies if you've covered it in the last several pages, but alkaizer runs a similar build and even similar equipment, but he uses added fire damage and melee dmg on full life whereas your build uses brutality and chance to bleed.

He also takes hatred and herald of ash (or arctic armor) whereas you take haste and blasphemy. Not saying either of you are wrong, I'm just wondering if your gem choices can be proven to be better dps with PoB?
"
broseidon07 wrote:
Hello,

Apologies if you've covered it in the last several pages, but alkaizer runs a similar build and even similar equipment, but he uses added fire damage and melee dmg on full life whereas your build uses brutality and chance to bleed.

He also takes hatred and herald of ash (or arctic armor) whereas you take haste and blasphemy. Not saying either of you are wrong, I'm just wondering if your gem choices can be proven to be better dps with PoB?

To sum it up. HoA+Hatred more upfront DPS. Bleed deals damage while dodging. Faster bossing. We scale bleed so our gemsetup are based on that. Alkaizer scales upfront damage and uses HoA+Hatred.

Well, that would be quite easy to check wouldn't it? Just do Alkaizers build and mine with the same gear and just swap gems. See what you like better and choose :D

I dont really care what can be "proven" to be better.

Ive tried all variants of sunder and like this one best. Not mathematically proven.
Last edited by 7thDayTheory on Nov 29, 2017, 5:15:20 PM
These changes in 3.1 might have impact on the Slayer / Gladiator choice player take.

"
The Slayer
The Brutal Fervour Ascendancy Skill no longer grants Maximum Life Leech Rate. Hematophagy and Vitality Void now only grant +3% to Maximum Life Leech Rate (from +5%).

As a result of the changes to Vaal pact, other sources of leech were also examined. Brutal Fervour was identified as a problem, moreso after the changes to Vaal Pact, as it was the next-closest thing to instant leech. We didn't want to change what made the Slayer the Slayer, but were okay with it taking a small hit, given its dominance over the 3.0.0 ladders.
"
Noisette wrote:
These changes in 3.1 might have impact on the Slayer / Gladiator choice player take.

"
The Slayer
The Brutal Fervour Ascendancy Skill no longer grants Maximum Life Leech Rate. Hematophagy and Vitality Void now only grant +3% to Maximum Life Leech Rate (from +5%).

As a result of the changes to Vaal pact, other sources of leech were also examined. Brutal Fervour was identified as a problem, moreso after the changes to Vaal Pact, as it was the next-closest thing to instant leech. We didn't want to change what made the Slayer the Slayer, but were okay with it taking a small hit, given its dominance over the 3.0.0 ladders.

Probably a little, but not necessarily alot.

Worst case scenario it turns out leech sucks. You can then choose to become father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife and have your vengeance in this life or the next.. AKA become the Gladiator.

The slayer leech is\was nice, but it was frosting to the cake, the raisin in the sausage.. an added bonus. We still get everything else, just abut less leech. It's actually the overkill leech, bleedimmunity and cull that I find the nicest. Sure, dont get me wrong, insane leech is fun, but not needed.

You could always use some items that increases life leech rate like Cherrubims or other if you really miss it.

Great build! Looking forward to try it in 3.1. Do you have an updated skill tree for 3.1? ;-)
"
albertaso wrote:
Great build! Looking forward to try it in 3.1. Do you have an updated skill tree for 3.1? ;-)

Kinda busy at the moment, but as far as I can see there are no relevant changes to our tree. If the Slayer nerf is bad and you don't want to go Gladiator, pick up Vaal Pact instead or take leech nodes.

Vulnerability gives us 30% (I think) chance to bleed at level 20 now which is great and gives us some leeway with our gearing and passives. I'll go over the patch notes later.

I'll play around with it abit once I get a vacation.
Last edited by 7thDayTheory on Dec 8, 2017, 1:51:07 PM
Nice guide.
You should remove the whirling blades gem from the build, or at least advertize you cant use it if going axes or that. You should give an alternative, like leap slam for example.

Other than that, nice one! Trying it in HC SSF Abyss now.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Dec 10, 2017, 9:56:52 AM
"
Valmar wrote:
Nice guide.
You should remove the whirling blades gem from the build, or at least advertize you cant use it if going axes or that. You should give an alternative, like leap slam for example.

Eeeh.. you use Whirling Blades because you can use it as long as you have a a sword\dagger in the offhand.
"
7thDayTheory wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:
Nice guide.

Eeeh.. you use Whirling Blades because you can use it as long as you have a a sword\dagger in the offhand.

I know man but I'm pretty sure not everybody knows it, and those things arew useful when reading a guide.
Just saying :)

Cheers
IGN: Gonorreitor
Build is going great in Abyss SC, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info