People take this game way to seriously...

I was perusing reddit (I know my mistake) and someone posted an interesting build using Ul-Netol's two-handed weapon that pretty much nobody uses.

It as a bone nova ignite prolif thing and it actually looked pretty cool. It wasn't going to clear shaper or corrupted guardians or any crazy endgame shit...but looked like it could easily handle up to T12's where a lot of people farm anyway.

Anyway I was reading some of the posts and so many people just started attacking the topic creator because they put a bunch of words in the OP's mouth and started bashing him on "Oh this isn't some kind of new meta destoryer stfu".

Like wtf is wrong with people? Are there really that many angsty teenagers that play this game that they can't even let people have fun and show off interesting interactions unless it's downing shaper in 2 seconds?

Funny thing is, if you post a video of downing shaper in 5 seconds you get the same assholes posting shit like "Nice balanced game GGG" or "Fucking meta trash videos as usual".

Like are POE players really this socially inept or are all communities like this?
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2017, 12:23:25 PM
Yeah, agreed... people do take PoE way too seriously. I see it all the time. I know I take my PoE gameplay rather seriously at times, but there's a point where I draw a line, and that's usually somewhere between casual min-maxing and total obsession, lol.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 21, 2017, 4:00:52 PM
"
or are all communities like this?

Pretty much dude. It's a video game community. They're all toxic af.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
I still suck at this game because i can't get xoph amulets to drop after every fking breach or find any doctor cards raining from the sky.
Well that is reddit for you.

It literally is like the most toxic platform for everything.
Last edited by krenderke on Sep 21, 2017, 7:12:30 PM
Yeah. people are dicks. Nothing new here
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
krenderke wrote:
Well that is reddit for you.

Specifically, the PoE subreddit. I like quite a few subreddits for other games and topics. The PoE subreddit is among the worst on there for toxicity, elitism and machismo -- semi-officially, as I recall.

The worst part is that we had an incredibly good community in Closed Beta. One of the best I'd encountered in 15 years of internet wandering. That's just a distant memory now.

Now that I think about it, that is kinda true, at least other subreddits were not always full of shit, but /r/pathofexile was always like this since firever.

I remember asking a question when I created my reddit account and I had -200 karma on my first post, for no reason whatsoever, worst part is no1 ever cared to explain why.

Also the circlejerks are horrible, cant find any meaningful discussion, because the infected penis pictures are the memes that week and they have to be upvoted into everyones face.
Last edited by krenderke on Sep 21, 2017, 7:26:52 PM
Problem is the single target on many skills is not even close to matching other op single target skills. I understand why people might be unhappy with a build that can't delete bosses in seconds, nobody wanna spend more than 10 seconds on a map boss coz any further time investment is simply not worth it. And by buffing map boss hp GGG fucked it up even more, destroying any mediocre single target skills even further. What they really have to do is to stop making acts after acts and just spend some time just focusing on balancing only. I wouldn't blame the whole community for GGG's mistakes by forcing playing only 5 viable meta builds
If a streamer doesn't say it's good then it's obviously trash, this is the mindset most of these clowns have. Hilarious how they hero-worship these people when if you actually pay attention to the most of them are actually pretty bad and only get by due to having extremely top-end gear (and even then manage to die in hilarious ways that no sensible person would).
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"

Anyway I was reading some of the posts and so many people just started attacking the topic creator because they put a bunch of words in the OP's mouth and started bashing him on "Oh this isn't some kind of new meta destoryer stfu".

Like wtf is wrong with people? Are there really that many angsty teenagers that play this game that they can't even let people have fun and show off interesting interactions unless it's downing shaper in 2 seconds?

Funny thing is, if you post a video of downing shaper in 5 seconds you get the same assholes posting shit like "Nice balanced game GGG" or "Fucking meta trash videos as usual".

Like are POE players really this socially inept or are all communities like this?

It's not POE, it's people in general on the internet.

Be it regarding games, movies, bikes, politics, diets, trainingmethods etc etc

Some people are always like that.

That's when it's so good when you find a community where the general populus is behaving civilized.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info