Somebody is having fun -

"
Heli0nix wrote:
Since price fixers are allowed to price fix, we are allowed to report any market changes or manipulation aswell, that's the point of this thread i hope there will be more in fact.

Of course you are allowed to report them. Do not expect any result out of that, though.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
mruuh wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Since price fixers are allowed to price fix, we are allowed to report any market changes or manipulation aswell, that's the point of this thread i hope there will be more in fact.

Of course you are allowed to report them. Do not expect any result out of that, though.

There are already results. Each time a new player read such threads here or on reddit he understand that trading in PoE is going to be fun :) ( might even avoid few scams on 5000 attempts )
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Sep 22, 2017, 2:51:28 AM
The fact that GGG allow such a crucial, in their words, aspect of the game be handled by a third party fan made website is an ABSOLUTE FAILURE. The fact that this has been going for years is well... beyond terrible.

And if they think they don't depened on indexers, they can always test it by making stash apis not public for 3 days or a week, and watch what happens.

Just wow.

And also, can somebody please enlighten me what terrible things an automated AH will bring to the game that do not already exist? I keep hearing bot sniping, but it is already rampant, especially by people with private indexers (who have advantage only because the current flawed system allows them to exist). Lower prices? The market is already filled with sellers and tons of crap that nobody buys even for less than 1c. There are tons of OK uniques being sold for a couple of chaos orbs. In the beginning of this leagues I bought 3 unique items for a total of 4 chaos orbs, that carried me up to white maps without problems (probably could reach yellow maps, but I got bored and stopped playing). And if AH is implemented, supply of rare items (mirror gear, acuities, kaoms) won't magically increase, so their prices will stay high.

"
MECHanokl wrote:
The fact that GGG allow such a crucial, in their words, aspect of the game be handled by a third party fan made website is an ABSOLUTE FAILURE. The fact that this has been going for years is well... beyond terrible.

And if they think they don't depened on indexers, they can always test it by making stash apis not public for 3 days or a week, and watch what happens.

Just wow.

And also, can somebody please enlighten me what terrible things an automated AH will bring to the game that do not already exist? I keep hearing bot sniping, but it is already rampant, especially by people with private indexers (who have advantage only because the current flawed system allows them to exist). Lower prices? The market is already filled with sellers and tons of crap that nobody buys even for less than 1c. There are tons of OK uniques being sold for a couple of chaos orbs. In the beginning of this leagues I bought 3 unique items for a total of 4 chaos orbs, that carried me up to white maps without problems (probably could reach yellow maps, but I got bored and stopped playing). And if AH is implemented, supply of rare items (mirror gear, acuities, kaoms) won't magically increase, so their prices will stay high.

I agree that implementing an in-game AH would not compound the existing issues, but also I don't think they would fix a hell of a lot either unless other dramatic changes were made to support it.

With such a grotesque disparity of wealth between new players and veteran fat-cats, the market will always be monopolized in the most brutal fashion, just the same as it is now.

The systems needed to fix and balance this would be of a very complex nature, contrived even.

I'm Left of Right and far Right of Left.
"
MECHanokl wrote:

Just wow.

What terrible things would an automated Ah bring to the game? It would stop those poor traders from making a profit off the back of noobs. Remember, poe is a ''hardcore'' game where everything must punish you and balance must be auto to prevent auto-logout macros cheesing the game.
"

I agree that implementing an in-game AH would not compound the existing issues, but also I don't think they would fix a hell of a lot either unless other dramatic changes were made to support it.

With such a grotesque disparity of wealth between new players and veteran fat-cats, the market will always be monopolized in the most brutal fashion, just the same as it is now.

The systems needed to fix and balance this would be of a very complex nature, contrived even.

The goal of an automated system is NOT to fix wealth disparities. What it would fix though, is the STUPID system we have atm. Price fixing, afks, dnds, having to get out of maps to sell stuff, etc. Please don't tell me it wouldn't fix a lot because it would. It would fix most of the REALLY ANNOYING stuff about trading in PoE. And yeah, a game that's supposed to have a "competitive economy" (whatever that means, apparently it means condoning stuff that gets you arrested in real life) not having a trading system is beyond ridiculous.
If only masters were selling all specific uniques with balanced prices (Tora for unique bows, Vorici for daggers etc.) But instead of this, Chris and his team still harvesting all the Rmt players with their "legal" sites and banning all other sellers.

Capitalism at its finest.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last edited by Jideament on Sep 23, 2017, 9:19:15 AM
"
Zodr wrote:

The goal of an automated system is NOT to fix wealth disparities. What it would fix though, is the STUPID system we have atm. Price fixing, afks, dnds, having to get out of maps to sell stuff, etc. Please don't tell me it wouldn't fix a lot because it would. It would fix most of the REALLY ANNOYING stuff about trading in PoE. And yeah, a game that's supposed to have a "competitive economy" (whatever that means, apparently it means condoning stuff that gets you arrested in real life) not having a trading system is beyond ridiculous.

+1
About to travel for work again and thinking about listing all my gear for 1 alt and just leaving it up for a week for fun. Trade fucking blows might as well make a point.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
About to travel for work again and thinking about listing all my gear for 1 alt and just leaving it up for a week for fun. Trade fucking blows might as well make a point.

If enough people do that, the trade system will straight up collapse, because it will become impossible to find the items you are looking for. Maybe that would make them rethink their "system".
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info