this game needs to be more casual

"
Westwood1121 wrote:
The issue I'm stuck at right now is that I have maybe 1h a night to play. I just started a family and I have pretty much zero time now.

I played SSF last league and did meh. Now that things have settled, I found myself with a spare hour here and there. I logged onto just the standard league with a level 70 character that I had made awhile ago. Read up on a few builds, bought an item or two on poe.trade, and started playing. I'm getting destroyed. In the last league, I went with a CI summoner build with Necromantic Aegis. Fun build. Cleared to 13s I think. Was fine with that. I tried doing the same with the level 70 I already had. I have 2500 ES, minions are doing shit damage, and I'm getting wrecked. Not sure what happened there.

Iunno. I may just start with a new character and build from there. I just need a simple cookie cutter build. No frills or weird playstyles. Something I can log on once kiddo is asleep, run a map or two, and call it a night.

Ancestral totem with a weapon, ancestral totem with a facebreaker, righteous fire hp builds , builds using vaal pact and barrage although I did heard that barrage requires some investment. Basically just play meta, you could watch tv while right clicking with those builds.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:
The issue I'm stuck at right now is that I have maybe 1h a night to play. I just started a family and I have pretty much zero time now.

I played SSF last league and did meh. Now that things have settled, I found myself with a spare hour here and there. I logged onto just the standard league with a level 70 character that I had made awhile ago. Read up on a few builds, bought an item or two on poe.trade, and started playing. I'm getting destroyed. In the last league, I went with a CI summoner build with Necromantic Aegis. Fun build. Cleared to 13s I think. Was fine with that. I tried doing the same with the level 70 I already had. I have 2500 ES, minions are doing shit damage, and I'm getting wrecked. Not sure what happened there.

Iunno. I may just start with a new character and build from there. I just need a simple cookie cutter build. No frills or weird playstyles. Something I can log on once kiddo is asleep, run a map or two, and call it a night.

Maybe just take a deep breath and realize having an hour to play here and there isn't gonna get you anywhere in any game, ever. I can already see some football player going to training telling his teammates 'sorry guys, I have a life, I have absolutely no time to train. But please make sure I'm first in line for match day'

I mean come on really......
"
Miská wrote:
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

Maybe just take a deep breath and realize having an hour to play here and there isn't gonna get you anywhere in any game, ever. I can already see some football player going to training telling his teammates 'sorry guys, I have a life, I have absolutely no time to train. But please make sure I'm first in line for match day'

I mean come on really......

Oh, I know exactly where you're coming from. That's why I haven't touched the game in ~2 months. I knew there is no way I'd be able to stick with it. Now that we have the kiddo on a loose schedule, I do find myself with an hour or so freed up. Was hoping I can just jump into it, but that doesn't seem like the case. I mean hell, just getting the colors of my links squared away and lining up my spell links took the one hour I had. It definitely may be another year or so before I can actually get myself back into the game on a more regular basis.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
"
Westwood1121 wrote:

I understand that for sure, I'm married, work full time, no kids though, take care of an elderly mother a mile away, and we're closing on a house soon too. So I completely understand the no time thing.

That said, you can still research the game, read up on mechanics, boss battles, progression at end-game, etc. You don't need to play all of the time, just make the most of the time you do have to game. However, this isn't a game you just load up for an hour or so once in a while. This isn't some mindless ARPG since there's mechanics that make a huge difference at end-game. Now, if you just wanted to play through progression and roll another character, then that would suit your casual gameplay schedule.

"
Westwood1121 wrote:
I just need a simple cookie cutter build. No frills or weird playstyles. Something I can log on once kiddo is asleep, run a map or two, and call it a night.

As much as you might not like to hear it, Diablo III matches your wishes. Or Torchlight series. You can certainly play PoE as a casual, but don't expect to get far in challenge leagues or even progress that far at end-game. To do either of those, you'll need to invest some time in both understanding PoE and playing it.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 20, 2017, 7:28:54 PM
People can kill shaper with less than an exalt in gear. You just suck.
I usually diss at people who are bad but you sir have my empathy, feelsbadman
Try to take away new things you learn from builds and you could push out 10-20 skill points on your characters very easily. Giving up in the 70's isn't giving a build a fair go or giving you anytime to fully experience it. If that sounds like work, you gotta quit, find something exciting in the game or just live with it :/
Do you expect me to take you seriously, OP?
Because...
...spoiler:
I won't.

Really, just... git gud.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Sep 20, 2017, 8:41:35 PM
Is it poe or the succubus and her spawn? Lets be honest and open.
I still want a combat log to see what killed me sometimes. There are so many things bosses can do that isn't telegraphed as well as I'd like. And you can't seem to find any info on bosses in game. It's definitely frustrating at times.

I understand that stud players have learned a lot of these things over time and appreciate the increased complexity/difficulty in the game.

Keywords like onslaught are pretty freaking stupid though. they literally tell you nothing when you first see them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info