this game needs to be more casual

Never in my life i saw a more appropriate opportunity to say this...

GIT GUD

"Veteran player" Can't even copy a build properly...

"
I KEEP FOLLOWING GUIDES AND I FOLLOW THEM EXACTLY AS IT SAYS. I TAKE THE EXACT SAME NODES, I HAVE THE EXACT SAME UNIQUES, I HAVE OVER 150% IN TOTAL RESIST AND YET I FUCKING DIE, I FUCKING DIE OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO THE SMALLEST FUCKING THING.

Seriously?
The game is fine. There is a disconnect somewhere with regards to understanding mechanics and executing gameplay... Like, why are you using a flask that gives Zealot's Oath on a life build... That flask literally turns off your life regen for its duration. That's what I'm talking about. The lack of mechanics knowledge is getting you killed. The game doesn't need to be further "casualized". It has already suffered too much of that. The player needs to learn from his mistakes, and put in the time to learn how to play the game...
U MAD?
Yeah, seconded on your gear, it needs a massive overhaul.

Heavily overcapped on res (you only need to have 135% total for each to be res capped) which means you're losing out on other mods.

Everything has half to 1/3rd the life roll it could.

0% movespeed on boots means you can't evade most ranged things.
I'm still a noob but

"
chibiusa91 wrote:

I CAN EASILY DO TIER 1-TIER 9 MAPS ANYTHING ABOVE JUST FUCKING NUKES ME INTO OBLIVION.

Isn't "anything above" the endgame ? For pro-veteran-hardcoregamer-whatever ?

If you can "easily" do Tier 1-Tier 9 (and everything before that), the game is casual enough...

You most likely die because of lag and FPS drop anyway~
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You're approaching this wrong. It's not your build. It's not your items. It's that you haven't developed skills needed to play the game.

This game, unlike many others of the genre, rewards skillful movement. You have to learn how to move and learn how to use flasks. The game wont do that for you. Damage can largely be avoided by skillful play... not that you need to avoid all forms of damage. You haven't learned that. There is zero reason to take damage from a fireball that stops for a second before it explodes. Even at base speed with Temporal Chains on you, you can dodge that damage.

Looking for ways to prevent damage by items or builds will only get you so far... and that's why you're frustrated.

I'd recommend you spend some time playing the game without all those fancy items and OP skills. You'll get better that way. Then, when you go back to that style of play, everything will be that much easier.

TLDR: Get gud.

This is the problem, flasks are too much required in this game, and not enough power given to actual skill nodes and items. It is ludicrous that flasks are stronger than gear and nodes like purity auras. Flasks should only be an additional tool to help bad builds, not a requirement to do content. Anything that is required or needed for content should be accesible in gear or skill tree reasonably, which they are NOT.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
The problem? You've got to be kidding. That's why we're still here after 5+ years and people quit playing Torchlight 2 in about a month.
"
Kwonryu wrote:

Just wait until the Ball has settled, then move before it explodes.

that's what she said
Veterans these days...

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The problem? You've got to be kidding. That's why we're still here after 5+ years and people quit playing Torchlight 2 in about a month.

You think the people here play this game still afer 5 years because of the flasks? WTF are you smoking? The flask system being so overpowered is the stupidest thing in this game. People play because at its core its a fun game which fits a genre a great percentage of people LOVE. I played D2 for 5 years or longer and it had no stupid flask system, the game was fun, this one can be fun also, but is alot more head banging stress due to bad gaming design like certain flask use being required for some endgame content.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:
I played D2 for 5 years or longer and it had no stupid flask system, the game was fun, this one can be fun also, but is alot more head banging stress due to bad gaming design like certain flask use being required for some endgame content.

No, what it had was Full Rejuv Potions that auto-maxed your HP on a single click.

It also had builds that could 1-button clear everything in the game so effectively that people botted them. If that was your definition of fun, I don't want any of it.
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Last edited by themousemaster on Sep 20, 2017, 2:38:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info