I'm SURE everyone's already used to him but

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Hmm. Curious. He seemed to hit harder against my 8k/6 ECharges than that. Maybe I'm a moron. *shrug*
Monster crit mult is 130, so the 3k's are Crits more likely than not.

well the enraged hits are def well over 2k, about 2500 on average spiking up over 3k occasionally, presumably crits, I think we can presume the guy got gibbed while he was enraged so its half way between my guess and yours.

Given it was an evasion ci, and the creature was landing maybe 1 in every 4 shots, that would also mean only 1 in every 4 crits would actually score a proper crit? If so I think that would make sense for how rare those 3k+ hits were seeming.

If we look at 2500 as his hits we get about a 39% damage reduction from the 16k armour, which is virtually the same as a coil + a taste of hate, so its actually about equal it would seem give or take.

The thing with a coil and a taste of hate, theyre not really better than having solid endgame armour + endurance + basalt when it comes to reducing physical damage, but what you do with those items is then go full on evasion which along with a cwdt enfeeble is going to give you a good 66% - 75% less damage taken from attacks along with some breathing room between hits, and then you go acrobatics for another 40% removed from what gets through, and then the rare times you get hit you have a layer of damage reduction against phys from the coil and toh that, while not really giving you the same level of reduction, in the context of the full package does end up putting an armour and endurance stacker to shame really.

I use coils all the time, I have about 4 legacy ones linked up on standard and its probably my most popular choice of chest armour. Im certainly not hating on the chest for all the coil enthusiasts yearning for a dislike button when I suggest the 16k armour was probably more effective. But ppl dont give armour enough credit, 16k when flasked is not really a decent amount of armour in the endgame picture as we know, youre looking at about 25k passive, no flasks, for a decent total. 25k armour is not crap, its not useless, when you look at armour, coil, toh, basalt, endurance, fortify, arctic armour, the whole range of them, forget the investment required, just look at the damage reduction they give, armour is by far the best direct hit physical damage reduction of the bunch in 99.9% of cases, in a lot of cases it will beat 2 or 3 of those things combined, with a 6 endurance charge type setup being the strongest second option and also one that every decent armour build also has and it made better by having armour because theyre additive, and unlike damage in defense most of the time additive mitigation types are preferable to stuff that is calculated successively in layers. Some notable exceptions obviously.

Great Argus-review!

Thanks!
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info