I'm SURE everyone's already used to him but

"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
The number of posts I read where players (for some unknown reason) think that 4K life is okay for end game.

What makes 4K the right number to you?

I don't feel comfortable in T15/Uber lab/Shaper with less 6K life. Even with 6K i feel pretty glassy.

This is the second post I read today where people are convinced this game is balanced around 4k life...how is this possible when there are end game bosses that can easily hit you for 5K??

Merc lab is not end game.

Seconded. I normally try to have around 2500 life before merc lab and 5k for uber lab. 4k life is actually extremely comfortable for merc. Maybe OP meant uber?
"
The number of posts I read where players (for some unknown reason) think that 4K life is okay for end game.

What makes 4K the right number to you?

I don't feel comfortable in T15/Uber lab/Shaper with less 6K life. Even with 6K i feel pretty glassy.

This is the second post I read today where people are convinced this game is balanced around 4k life...how is this possible when there are end game bosses that can easily hit you for 5K??

I don't think you read anything I posted. The whole point is that the end boss of the area, Izario, is a complete push over and wasn't able to move me below 75% hp.

Hes designed PROPERLY in that his huge damage spike is a GIANT telegraphed attack meaning you can get the fuck out of the way. Argus is designed in the exact opposite way; he walks up to you and his huge damage comes out instantly and from something non-telegraphed.

There's absolutely no logical reason to have it designed this way.

Maybe if kitava act 10 had done literally any damage to me you'd have an argument but hes actually designed really well and doesn't walk up and do 4k hp in 2 melee attacks through 16000 armour.

Yes I get that everyone now realizes armour is literally useless and the only way to kill something like that is to kite it until you get 7+ endurance charges but thats a piss poor excuse to defend this fight.

Also my juggernaut passive tree is based on Lighty's with some modifications; Its pretty heavy on life nodes.

Maybe you're used to having 6k life before maps because you spend exalted on gear, but if argus is the only reason to do that before maps, what is the point???
Last edited by MedicMortal on Sep 20, 2017, 11:55:17 AM
I have an idea so crazy that it just might work for you, just skip Argus if you can't handle fighting him.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Slizzered wrote:
I have an idea so crazy that it just might work for you, just skip Argus if you can't handle fighting him.

I also have an INSANE idea for you, how about you post something relevant to the topic discussion?
Do you have any reasoning or justification for Izario being piddly but his mini boss 1 shotting through 16000 armour?

I don't think you do because it doesn't make any sense, and if you did, you wouldn't have resorted to a logical fallacy that doesn't change anything I've said about the design of Argus himself.

Contribute to the discussion next time.

I mean what you said is so obvious it hurts; Yes if I was willing to go through 12 hours again to get back with a marauder OF COURSE I WOULDN'T FIGHT THE BROKEN BOSS ON HARDCORE AGAIN

"
Slizzered wrote:

Thats what I do ^^

Not worth taking the risk for a treasure key, that usually ends up being just another useless strongbox dropping a bunch of rares I vendor immediately for alteration shards. Woohoooo :D

That being said: Im not a lab fan. I just go there to get my points asap and be done with it.
So I never do anything else but rushing for the trials
"
MedicMortal wrote:

I'm a pleb but rather than admit that fact I will blame my deaths on game mechanics, lag, the pull of the moon, the Mayans and anything else that crosses my mind

FTFY
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
Actually I'm offering healthy criticism of certain game design choices that may lead to a better overall experience for what should be the main player-base, Hardcore.

Your ad hominem/strawman mixup doesn't address any of points I've made about this specific encounter.
"
Slizzered wrote:
"
MedicMortal wrote:

I'm a pleb but rather than admit that fact I will blame my deaths on game mechanics, lag, the pull of the moon, the Mayans and anything else that crosses my mind

FTFY

Xibalba!
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Argus isn't too hard, keep moving watch his attack. I always leave a bunch of mobs alive on the level so I can go recharge my potions if I need to.
Last edited by Nizreb915 on Sep 20, 2017, 12:30:40 PM
"
MedicMortal wrote:
"
Slizzered wrote:

I also have an INSANE idea for you, how about you post something relevant to the topic discussion?
Do you have any reasoning or justification for Izario being piddly but his mini boss 1 shotting through 16000 armour?

His name is Izaro. :D

Well, how about this: Argus is Izaro's guard "dog". If Izaro were as strong as Argus, he'd hardly need a guard, now, would he? And on the other hand, if Argus were as weak as Izaro, he wouldn't make a good guard.

However, the burst damage is a problem. From my fights with Argus (not that many, though, I usually skip him) I cannot confirm that his attacks are not telegraphed, although when he's enraged he's getting faster and thus your time to run for cover is quite short. Perhaps you were unlucky and had a lag/ desync.

Sorry for your loss; maybe try a softcore league. Death isn't that much of a punishment there.

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info