[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

I don't think it'll be possible to league start this, but holy wow am i excited to roll one of these after so long, hell i bet even OP wants to roll this again! so much hype
I have a bunch of questions

I am trying to adapt this kind of build to my own

still some flaws in this concept, eg leech mana/life

- Duelist-Champion to get 100% hit while still critting plus perma fortify

- dual wield cospri OR dual wield poet pen

- new unique Necromancer circlet to get double curse aura and a 50% aura or herald of ice

Now my questions ->

I assume it is most efficient in terms of procs to have 2 spells in cospri and 2 spells in the chest because the cast on crit triggers more offten than the global cooldown of a single linked spell?

Cospri 1 -> Freezing Pulse, Arctic Breath, GMP
Cospri 2 -> Frost Bolt, Ice Spear, GMP
Loreweave -> Cyclone - AOE - CRIT, COC, Ice Nova, Vortex

Alternatively Ice Crash instead of Cyclone.

I read on reddit some opinions that Ice Crash is bad for COC because of slow attack speed but the wiki states that Ice Crash is very suited for COC because of the 3 stages that all count as hits.
Last edited by Quizzlemanizzle on Dec 5, 2018, 3:06:00 PM
"
I have a bunch of questions

I am trying to adapt this kind of build to my own

POB:
https://pastebin.com/BWL391Fd

still some flaws in this concept, eg leech mana/life

- Duelist-Champion to get 100% hit while still critting plus perma fortify

- dual wield cospri OR dual wield poet pen

- new unique Necromancer circlet to get double curse aura and a 50% aura or herald of ice

Let's discuss Champion. The biggest mistake people make is thinking that it has 100% hitchance all the time. But if you miss the first hit which 100% taunts, you might be screwed up already in some scenarios. You cannot let that to happen. So Lycosidae is the way to go (unless GGG have something new for an offhand with "Hits cannot be evaded" mod). Also using Poet's would make this absolutely different build really.

"
Now my questions ->

I assume it is most efficient in terms of procs to have 2 spells in cospri and 2 spells in the chest because the cast on crit triggers more offten than the global cooldown of a single linked spell?

Cospri 1 -> Freezing Pulse, Arctic Breath, GMP
Cospri 2 -> Frost Bolt, Ice Spear, GMP
Loreweave -> Cyclone - AOE - CRIT, COC, Ice Nova, Vortex

Alternatively Ice Crash instead of Cyclone.

I read on reddit some opinions that Ice Crash is bad for COC because of slow attack speed but the wiki states that Ice Crash is very suited for COC because of the 3 stages that all count as hits.

If you are using either Frostbolt or Freezing Pulse with threshold jewels, you don't need GMP, it only lowers your damage output. Personally I would simply use those two in both Cospri and CoC links, instead of your named 6 different spells. Using ton of different spells is never efficient.
Regarding Ice Crash: For trash clearing it might not be an issue since most of the mobs will be dead after couple of triggers, but on bosses you might not hit them with all 3 stages. It was a nice buff to IC letting it to be supported by Multistrike, but Cyclone is still far superior to CoC builds due to it's innate mobility and dynamics. You can also not care about being stunned, since while Cycloning you are immune to interruptions.

----

Regarding the PoB link you got here:

1) Your critchance is really low for CoC
2) You are trying to use Shaped Stygian wise. It is not possible in non-standard leagues.
3) You are using Rumi's flask - it's almost useless if you ain't investing into block in general
4) Wise Oak will work on your fire damage, it's not really what you want
5) Your resistances aren't even capped
6) Maligaro gloves are shit since they nerfed it to the ground back in the day. You would better use Tombfists with couple of abyss jewels.
7) You are using like maxrolled mods on all of your jewels, that isn't a likely to happen scenario, so your dps and life values will be way lower. Same applies to the new helmet. I don't think it will be very common at the start, same about the price.

I will be honest - it has just too many flaws to actually work as you want. With such low critchance you cannot really play CoC in general.
Does this build have good possibilities in 3.5?
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine

Edit: nvm I think I understand CoC now, there is no global spell cooldown besides the 0.15 second. So putting 2 spell gems with CoC or Cospri only makes sense if you can crit more than once per 0.15 sec window.
Since in 3.2 the Spell Cooldown still was 0.5sec it made sense to put in 2 spells although I am not sure why OP put Freezing Pulse/Ice Bolt in Cospri AND in the body armor with CoC.
Last edited by Quizzlemanizzle on Dec 5, 2018, 3:05:44 PM
Been working in some changes with this build, still going assassin, and doing pretty much the same build with some more life, crit and cold dmg.

I took out cyclone and put the cold snap gem and the DPS numbers are pretty good.

Manage to upgrade armor to Loreweave, bubonic trail, and i think jewel's can get better.

Manage to get 600k DPS from all sources with 5/6k life.

And I think this CAN!!!!!! BE A LEAGUE STARTER.

If you picked some life, res, and not expensive uniques (25c max), you will manage to get 400/500k DPS.

I did a better DPS on Path of Building and i'll link up here:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/n4dTUw1C

NOTICE
This build CAN get better with more currency!!

And this is gonna be my league starter.

If you guys have any ideas on how to improve this, let me know!

Thanks for your time! :)
"
ruigato18 wrote:
Been working in some changes with this build, still going assassin, and doing pretty much the same build with some more life, crit and cold dmg.

I took out cyclone and put the cold snap gem and the DPS numbers are pretty good.

Manage to upgrade armor to Loreweave, bubonic trail, and i think jewel's can get better.

If you picked some life, res, and not expensive uniques (25c max), you will manage to get 400/500k DPS.

Spoiler

NOTICE

How do you trigger Melee Crits with Cospri if you dont use any attack skill besides Shield Charge?!
Uhm forgot about that... Adding glacial cascade and putting off cold snap probably... Does it work? I'm still a noob, sorry for that :)

"
"
ruigato18 wrote:

Spoiler

NOTICE

How do you trigger Melee Crits with Cospri if you dont use any attack skill besides Shield Charge?!
I’d really like to play this in 3.5. Does someone know if it still works ? I’m kind of a noob
"
Pingouragan wrote:
I’d really like to play this in 3.5. Does someone know if it still works ? I’m kind of a noob

if anything this got buffed, majorly. Dude i can slaughter vaal'd out t15 maps with an insanely crappy 6 link rare chest, shit gloves a starky helm- the biggest issue is you need a cospri AND a lycosaide to get this build started, so it's not wise to league start it till you can afford to buy those. Cospri is going to be more expensive this league most likely because of the buffs, same with lycosaide since most CoC/cospri builds generally need it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info