[3.2] The Snowblind Cospri CoC Assassin - Projectile based CoC

Here is my variation. It's squishier but I like the damage and I can run T16 maps at lvl 80.

Note *frostbomb and additional accuracy instead of frostbolt and hypothermia support in the chest

I didn't like starkonja's because I couldn't leech enough when low life, so I swapped for rat's nest.

Running frost bomb I get 97% cold penetration when wise oak flask is active.

Frostbite -42%
Frostbomb -20%
Pandemonius -20%
wiseoak -15%

I run this set up vs bosses else, I replace frostbomb with frostbolt for clear speed.

Since cyclone hits with both weapons per spin, this helps mitigate the cooldown time of each cospri.
"
Not sure if this has been asked. But how would this build fair with elemental overload? It would be on nearly 100% of the time, but i'm not sure that would be better or worse than as-is.

liking the build a lot so far. map clear speed is fastest of any characters I've played thus far. Opinions on elemental overload?

you lose all critical strike multiplier... not worth 40% extra elemental damage.
"
Tosimaru wrote:
Okay I just hit 68 with this build. My question is when shopping for jewels, what are the main stats I want to get? The Green Nightmare will not be in budget for awhile, so that's out of the question.

Jewels MUST have IAS (imo) and life. Thirdly /4th would be crit multi, cold / projectile damage.
Hi sry newbie here, how can i do the Flicker CoC version of this build? Gems? etc.. And thanks, im leveling at the moment, frezzing pulse carry me. ;)
Elemental overload was mostly added to fight against the power of critical strikes. No builds that focus on getting crit chance capped take EO. When you're crit based, you want to scale your damage through crit multi.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
everything is there for a reason

Thanks for noticing that

"
niuage wrote:
But he doesn't have it in cospri tho...

"
boki_leeyo wrote:
everything is there for a reason

Thanks for noticing that

"
niuage wrote:
But he doesn't have it in cospri tho...

I mean...it's not like I didn't notice that. It's just...1/6 links? not worth it.
"
dnGosu wrote:
Here is my variation. It's squishier but I like the damage and I can run T16 maps at lvl 80.

Note *frostbomb and additional accuracy instead of frostbolt and hypothermia support in the chest

I didn't like starkonja's because I couldn't leech enough when low life, so I swapped for rat's nest.

Frostbite -42%
Frostbomb -20%
Pandemonius -20%
wiseoak -15%

I run this set up vs bosses else, I replace frostbomb with frostbolt for clear speed.

Since cyclone hits with both weapons per spin, this helps mitigate the cooldown time of each cospri.

One little flaw in your reasoning. You will miss. Alot. Not only that, but to hit rolls twice. Once to see if you hit, and again to see if you crit. Ditching Lycosidae isn't a good idea. You "don't leech enough on low life" cuz you miss tons. I have no issue with leech, including taking a huge hit, and leeching to full.

I just took off my Lycosidae to see what Cyclone chance to hit would be at....72%. You're going to miss a lot and crit less. Also, you have no attack speed on your gloves. You're basically going backwards as far as what you should be doing. Miss= no crit= no proc. Fewer attacks= less hits= less crits= less procs.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 25, 2017, 1:08:21 AM
"
dnGosu wrote:

Frostbite -42%
Frostbomb -20%
Pandemonius -20%
wiseoak -15%

First of all you wont really notice the "reduced damage" on starkonja because its not "less" which would make it a whole lot worse. And secondly you lose a lot of life on going rats which imo is not worth that crit + attack/move speed.

Your math with cyclone dual cospri is wrong. You hit with one weapon two times per spin. With dual you hit one time with each weapon per swing. That means you do not gain attacks/procs that way. Also if you are going to dual you need to solve the accuracy problem because that will lower your procs per sec quite a bit even with additional accuracy in chest which also makes you do less damage beacuse you have to remove the hypothermia.

If you want to max dual cospri procs with 2 gems in each weapon you need to have 8 attacks per second according to the tooltip ingame and that means also you need max crit and do not miss. This is really hard to reach.

And why cant you run T16 maps at 80 with the original build? What does your version enable that the original can not do? As i see it you do not do more damage really and you are much easier to be killed with rats, no shield and can miss so you get "dead spins" so you wont leech life.
Last edited by carnagee on Sep 25, 2017, 3:47:07 AM
"
"
boki_leeyo wrote:
nice build. made some changes tat suits me. Did not take vaal pact.

ignore the enchantment

Life leech in chest is a waste of a gem slot: /

It is not "wasted" but you will leech less life. The trade is you do more total dps if you gem leech is 6L but you will not have the same fast leech rate/speed. For harder hitting bosses we prefer to have the leech in cospri for fastest health regain. And second reason why we have the leech in cospri is that its easy to color, you can with ease switch from leech setup if you want more damage and leech with warlords.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info