[3.0] Self Cast Glacial Cascade by Paige | All Guardians Down | Beginner/Budget Friendly | Videos

Introduction/Build Mechanics
There's some important mechanics going on that you should be aware of before playing this build. The most important being our ascendancy which is Berserker. Berseker gives us Pain Reaver which frees up a lot of options for us regarding gem slots, ultimately letting us focus on damage rather than leeching to survive, it's a very strong ascendancy. We also pick up Aspect of Carnage which increases our overall damage by 40%.

It's important to note that this is not "40% increased damage", this is "40% more damage". The difference between "increased" is that it is additive, and "more" means it's multiplicative. Simply put, if you have 500% increased damage, and get another 40% increased damage, you'll end up with 540% increased damage. If you have 500% increased damage, and get 40% more damage, you'll end up with 700% increased damage.

Another important mechanic to keep in mind is that Glacial Cascade deals physical damage by default, which 60% of that gets converted to cold damage thanks to a buff in 3.0 this completely changes the way we can use this spell, but it also means since we're scaling spell damage/cold damage, we need to find a way to convert the remaining 40% physical damage we are dealing, to cold damage. We ultimately have two choices when it comes down to converting the remaining physical damage over to cold damage.

The first choice is the most economic option by using Hrimsorrow Goathide Gloves.

The second option is by using the Glacial Cascade Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage helmet enchant. These are very expensive right now (upwards of 200c for a base helmet with no stats).

Obviously if you can afford the helmet enchant, then that's going to best choice as it'll free up our glove slot.

Passive Tree

Bandits
  • Kill All for 2 Points

Leveling
  • Spark from level 1-8
  • Spark ► Added Lightning Damage or Added Cold Damage from level 8-18
  • Spark ► Added Lightning Damage or Added Cold Damage ► Elemental Focus ► Controlled Destruction ► from level 18-28
  • Glacial Cascade ► Added Fire Damage ► Controlled Destruction ► Physical to Lightning Damage ► Concentrated Effect ► Elemental Focus from level 28-31
  • Glacial Cascade ► Cold Penetration ► Controlled Destruction ► Physical to Lightning Damage ► Concentrated Effect ► Elemental Focus from level 31-38
  • From level 38-100 follow the "Gems and Links" section listed below.

Gems and Links
In most cases 20 quality gems will always slightly increase something, as will level 21 gems, you should slowly start working towards getting your main 6L and auras 20/21. Hatred doesn't need quality, so it should be 0/21.

• 3L Shield ► Lightning Warp (20/20) - Faster Casting (20/20) - Less Duration (20/20)
  • 3L Weapon ► Cast When Damage Taken (0/20) - Summon Lightning Golem (0/20) - Enfeeble (20/20)
  • 4L Gloves ► Cast When Damage Taken (0/1) - Immortal Call (0/3) - Molten Shell (0/10) - Increased Duration (20/20)
  • 4L Helmet ► Frost Bomb (0/20) - Increased Critical Strikes (20/20) - Arc (20/20) - Vortex (20/20)
  • 4S 3L Boots ► Herald of Ash (20/20) - Hatred (0/20) - Enlighten (0/3) & Vaal Summon Skeleton (0/20) on its own socket
  • 6L ► Glacial Cascade - Spell Echo - Cold Penetration - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction - Increased Area of Effect (for map clearing)/Concentrated Effect (for bosses)

Best in Slot Weapon Rolls
  • iLvl 84: (75 to 79) Spell Damage
  • iLvl 80: (35 to 39 Spell Damage / 26 to 28 Maximum Mana) Hybrid Spell Damage
  • iLvl 74: (30 to 40 / 60 to 69) Added Cold Damage to Spells
  • iLvl 79: (60 to 69) % Increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • iLvl 76: (27 to 30) % Increased Cold Damage
  • iLvl 83: (23 to 25) Cast Speed

Best in Slot Jewel Rolls

Prefixes
  • Increased Physical Damage 14-16%
  • Increased Maximum Life 5-7%
  • Increased Cold Damage 14-16%
  • Increased Spell Damage while holding a Shield 14-16%
  • Increased Cast Speed while holding a Shield 3-5%

Suffixes
  • Increased Spell Damage 10-12%
  • Increased Damage 8-10%
  • Increased Area Damage 10-12%
  • Increased Cast Speed 2-4%
  • Increased Attack and Cast Speed 2-4%

My Gear

"

Helpful Information
  • Kitava's Thirst is not required, but it's something I enjoy using, it's cheap, gives us Frost Bomb for -20% Cold Penetration, Vortex for the Chill ailment, and Arc because it hits a lot of mobs, linked with Increased Critical Strikes, this setup ensures we have Elemental Overload procced at all times.
  • Hrimsorrow Goathide Gloves are no longer required once you get a "Glacial Cascade Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage" enchant on your helmet.
  • Belt of the Deceiver is not required, it gives us decent stats and Indimidation which causes affected enemies to take 10% increased damage.
  • A scepter is also an option but I was having trouble finding one decently rolled. This will allow you to use Shield Charge ► Faster Attacks ► Fortify instead of the Lightning Warp setup.

“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Sep 19, 2017, 4:41:16 PM
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2018, 2:26:54 AM
Last updated: September 5th, 2017.

Update log:
  • Added all guardian kill videos.
  • Added more information in certain sections.
  • Relinked my current gear to reflect my new flask choices.
  • Fixed a typo in the leveling section.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Sep 5, 2017, 6:20:43 AM
Reserved.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Added all guardian kill videos.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
I was actually looking for a relatively tanky self cast glacial cascade build hmmmmm.

I think imma give it a go, ill reply here when if i start getting wrecked.

EDIT:

just reazlied you need level 28 for glacial cascade you can't use it from level 12 like it says in the "levelling section".
Last edited by SolemnKnight on Sep 5, 2017, 2:55:46 AM
"
SolemnKnight wrote:
I was actually looking for a relatively tanky self cast glacial cascade build hmmmmm.

EDIT:

just reazlied you need level 28 for glacial cascade you can't use it from level 12 like it says in the "levelling section".

Woops sorry, typo. Supposed to be Spark. Will fix that after work.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Sep 5, 2017, 6:06:08 AM
"
SolemnKnight wrote:

EDIT:

Fixed this really quickly, thanks for letting me know. (:

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
SolemnKnight wrote:

EDIT:

No problem, just got to 28 lets see how this goes.

Any tips for levelling weapons you used?
Last edited by SolemnKnight on Sep 5, 2017, 3:09:08 PM
"
SolemnKnight wrote:
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
SolemnKnight wrote:

EDIT:

No problem, just got to 28 lets see how this goes.

Any tips for levelling weapons you used?

Dual lifesprigs. Gonna add some gear suggestions after work.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Sep 5, 2017, 3:27:39 PM
Any thoughts of changing marauder for a witch and going elementalist?
IGN: BurtsyBees

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info