[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

@Waffle

Great build. I'm excited to give it a try.

One question I have is if you think https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Loreweave, the newly discovered unique chest, would be a better fit for this build. Atiziri's chest is very underwhelming in general, and while you give up some ES and resists, you gain max res, mana, all stats, global crit (not necessary but might help with EO), elemental damage, and hell some item rarity to boot. I know this would make getting some additional resistances tricky, but you have enough sockets that it's very possible with some +all res jewels.

Another option I thought might work (granted they aren't as budget):

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Incandescent_Heart

You can avoid the downside of this while getting a big boost to damage. Again though, you lose ES and res.

Perhaps, as a long-term end game goal, it might be worth dropping a unique chest altogether for a really nice shaper rare with 1k+ es, all res, and some other nice mods?
Last edited by Xyrm on Mar 12, 2018, 11:07:09 AM
"
Xyrm wrote:
@Waffle

Great build. I'm excited to give it a try.

One question I have is if you think https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Loreweave, the newly discovered unique chest, would be a better fit for this build. Atiziri's chest is very underwhelming in general, and while you give up some ES, you gain max res, mana, all stats, global crit (not necessary but might help with EO), elemental damage, and hell some item rarity to boot. I know this would make getting some additional resistances tricky, but you have enough sockets that it's very possible with some +all res jewels.

Yeah I noticed this, anything with +Attributes attracts my attention, has abysmal base ES though. I tested with a perfectly rolled loreweave and relevant changes were

+10.8% DPS
+18% rarity
+5% Max resistances
-17% (1766) ES
-24% All resistances

To get up to the new resistance cap you'd need an extra 4 resistance jewels and in the process you'd probably lose more then 10.8% damage

In my opinion the rarity and max res are not better then 1766 ES. Especially considering that you won't have a perfect loreweave so you'd be losing more ES and gaining less resistance/rarity/damage then in this test

Atziri's splendor has the best ES of any unique and I wouldn't downplay it. beats the pants off any available rare chest
Thanks for the response! I figured there was a good reason.
Hey, @WaffleT,

thank you very much for the awesome build and explanations. I played it previous leaugue, started this with Glacial Cascade Miner Sabouteur, it pretty much matches my expectations, but I found myself wishing back to this safety.

I only wanted to mention that Hall of Grandmasters is doable for this build, it's not fast enough to farm HoGM, but 'cannot do' is false. Please, check my comment about HOGM on the previous page -- and if you would put the tips on HoGM to the opening post, I would be happy that I participated in build development.
Last edited by dim.kiriyenko on Mar 12, 2018, 12:10:36 PM
"
dim.kiriyenko wrote:
Hey, @WaffleT,

thank you very much for the awesome build and explanations. I played it previous leaugue, started this with Glacial Cascade Miner Sabouteur, it pretty much matches my expectations, but I found myself wishing back to this safety.

I only wanted to mention that Hall of Grandmasters is doable for this build, it's not fast enough to farm HoGM, but 'cannot do' is false. Please, check my comment about HOGM on the previous page -- and if you would put the tips on HoGM to the opening post, I would be happy that I participated in build development.

Hey I'm glad you enjoyed the build and had a good time with it. I read your previous post and I'm glad you were are able to get through the grandmasters with this build, I have trouble finding words to respond to people who post with a comment not a question but I do appreciate them

I'll see about wording it. Thing is that you needed to unspec Ancestral Bond so that you could use scorching ray. Even if you used scorching ray totems I have the feeling people won't consider that as "this build" completing it

What is meant is that warchief totems are not really capable of hall of grandmasters since the block regen tanks are such a wall. Kinda ironic actually as this build is somewhat of a block regen tank and when I came across him in the hall I found we were in a stalemate where neither could kill the other without a "build change" of buying different gems and items that could handle it
short review on this build after lvl 92: (PoB: https://pastebin.com/5bqDeQap)

Map clear: totems are still totems. Clear is severely limited by the delay between placing a totem and it doing anything. Not a fault of the build, just how totems function, but if you're used to zoom-zoom builds you'll find it very annoying. Vaal Haste + Increased Duration help clear speed a lot, and really should be a core part of this build. If you don't try to play as fast as possible, you'll be perfectly happy. The only map mod I avoid completely, unless I vaal it, is ele reflect. You can run it, but it's crazy annoying. Not worth the hassle.

Boss killing: It's no GC miner, but T15 map bosses are trivial, Shaper's guardians are easy with some attention to the mechanics, and T15 Elder wasn't a challenge at all. Consecrated ground on top of Shaper keeps him alive easily enough.

Overall, it's not a top tier build (totems can't be), but it's a top tier *totem* build and enjoyable to play, without having to skip any content.
liking the build so far :p just wish totems would start attacking faster for smoother mapping.

since mapping is easy do u have any pantheon recommendations that would help against endgame bosses? guess brine kind and sth else. and is it useful to farm the 2nd /3rd stat on pantheons.

thx for the good guide rly love it since i dont like min maxing rares
Hi there, I am kinda new to poe and have been following this guide religiously, thank you for that.
Few questions:
1. What is the point of having blade flurry since it does no damage to enemy due to Ancestral Bond?
I have it on my key but it doesnt do anything.
2. By recommending Doedre's Scorn, you're implying that mid game curse is viable? I put it with Blasphemy and Conducivity. I have no way of telling if they're effective as most monsters got few shots dead by totem, sometimes I cant even catch the monster. Do you think cure is a good idea?
3. I cannot afford Perandus Signet, any ring to recommend?

I've been enjoying the build as it carries me so far compared to my first Necro Summoner build. Thanks! Your feedback is appreciated.
"
Aonmonomer wrote:
Hi there, I am kinda new to poe and have been following this guide religiously, thank you for that.
Few questions:
1. What is the point of having blade flurry since it does no damage to enemy due to Ancestral Bond?
I have it on my key but it doesnt do anything.
2. By recommending Doedre's Scorn, you're implying that mid game curse is viable? I put it with Blasphemy and Conducivity. I have no way of telling if they're effective as most monsters got few shots dead by totem, sometimes I cant even catch the monster. Do you think cure is a good idea?
3. I cannot afford Perandus Signet, any ring to recommend?

I've been enjoying the build as it carries me so far compared to my first Necro Summoner build. Thanks! Your feedback is appreciated.

hey, not op but i can answear your questions i think :D

1: several functions, its not supposed to do dmg. it applies the blind debuff which is linked to it and if u check your passive skill tree u see it activates the "elemental overlord" keystone for 40% more dmg after crit, therefore the increased crit gem as 4th link (u kinda only need this for bosses since u kill instantly while mapping anyway)

2: i think its more for the overall stats and the additional intelligence for weapon damage. if u use the lvling items recommended u have temporal chain curse on hit (gloves) anyway so u wouldnt need another curse setup

3: its recommended in the lvling section "timeclasp" ring from lvl 22+
Last edited by doChl on Mar 12, 2018, 8:35:05 PM
Hello ,

Perandus signet is really mandatory to make the build going? Can the build be playeable without this ?
Last edited by Elf_97 on Mar 13, 2018, 4:20:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info