[3.3] HrimShot - IceShot/Barrage Frenzy Raider (Shaper Down)

I swap in hatred/herald and enable them only when i log on, and then replace it with golem since that needs to be resummoned if it does. That saves a few slots.
nice build but quick question. Why point blank though?
"
akira1809 wrote:
nice build but quick question. Why point blank though?

"
Point blank adds a TON of barrage damage for boss killing. Plus, the downside is mostly mitigated by lioneye glare's Far Shot (which is the opposite of Point Blank), so it's not as bad as it sounds for ice shot.

The Far Shot is apparently "hidden" but the wiki does say it has this ability.
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Sep 26, 2017, 8:47:27 AM
nice build, thx very much. A theoretical question: is the enchantment "penetrates 8% ..." on boots better than corrupted boots with +1 maximum frenzy charges as implicit?
Ele penetration on boots is better for boss killing, +1 frenzy on boots is better for mapping.
Well, I converted my Ice Shot / Blast Rain Ranger in Standard to this build. The previous build was a crit build so this was a significant change in the passive tree. I'm lvl 86 and I'm still leveling up the Barrage, Cold Pen., and Ice Bite gems. It has been months since I ran the previous build of this character so it's difficult to compare. I'd like/need to get some more life, I'm only at 4,437, but I have my evasion up just short of 15k which is more than double yours and I still feel pretty damn squishy.

The group clearing is great, but I was running a T7 Castle Ruins map and had serious problems not getting killed by melee attack Rogue Exiles on the map...
Last edited by Mr_Tact on Sep 27, 2017, 10:40:35 AM
Most of the survivability comes from dodge (not evasion) and game play (e.g. using decoy totem to pull aggro off of you).

That said, your health pool definitely sounds low and I'd advise trying to get more life rolls on gear. You probably don't have that many life nodes left on the tree, so that's what I'd guess. Alternatively, something like a Belly would help with more HP. You could also try some mitigation flasks like basalt or stibnite.
Last edited by OmniDefenestrator on Sep 27, 2017, 7:02:52 PM
"
Most of the survivability comes from dodge (not evasion) and game play (e.g. using decoy totem to pull aggro off of you).

Ahh, okay -- I missed that. Which explains why the Darkray Vectors are critical. Didn't really understand that -- does it really work how it reads? +2% actually chance to Dodge for each Frenzy charge?

So, I have seven charge max now, if I managed to get Darkray with the +1 Frenzy implicit and an +1 implicit amulet... that would be 10 charges, +20% directly dodge. Is that right? Assuming so, it makes them more powerful than I was thinking they were...
Hmm, actually -- it seems like the cap is a limiting factor... you are already at 75% Attack Dodge without the Frenzy charges. I'm at 72%... So, I think I definitely need to get my life up and yeah, I'll trade in my Jade Flask for a Basalt. Are there any other big defense flasks?

I have to say though, even with another 1200 life or so... I don't see me taking out end game content. Tip of the hat to you for having done that...
Yes, that is how darkrays work. Note that if you're looking at Path of Building, sometimes it'll include vaal grace in your total dodge calculation - I don't believe I was dodge capped.

The biggest form of "survival" is definitely just manually avoiding attacks/skills. The dodge chance is just to save you if you mess up, and then your evasion is a backup if dodge fails you, and THEN is life. I definitely would get one shot if I was unlucky when I had < 5k hp, but at 5.3k hp I'd often survive with like 200hp (and using my flask for instant recovery).
Last edited by OmniDefenestrator on Sep 28, 2017, 3:24:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info