[3.0] Headhunter...Hunter | Currency Generator | Pathfinder | Essence Drain | 475k Boss Dps | Bisco

"
I dunno. It sounds to me like you want to run deadeye for the sake of running deadeye. Slap it into PoB and check the speed.

Yes thats just what I wanted to do lol. I kind of dont have time now will try it next expansion maybe, if they buff deadeye. It does increase aoe but area not radius and since we take all those aoe nodes it loses value. Maybe cut some tree aoe and get move speed or damage or something but that's kind oh meh
Did you start the league with this build? Seems interesting.
Could you link/ advize on jewel rolls?

Also, just wondering why not corrupt leashes til you get AoE increase?
Last edited by Rokuta on Sep 25, 2017, 12:32:41 AM
I think I am going to try this but as a Trickster, I really do not like the concept of the Ascendancy being focused on flasks.

I hate using flasks.
got on my first spider forest with this build

dont expect to get another for a while but pretty nice

also wondering if it's worth killing the boss on that map since it's a bit of trouble for me right now

heres my gear
Last edited by RomoFin on Sep 25, 2017, 6:19:38 AM
Hey, started playing this with a 5L and it's quite fun so far; I'm chicken-keeping an instant life flask instead of Dying Sun and I took the two points to Discipline and Training under Retribution (by the left AoE cluster) for some safety life until I got comfortable. I have yet to take the second +1 Frenzy node (the damage bonus is insane though), and I've only taken one jewel (Clear Mind). This also means using a lv8 Arcane Surge instead of a lv11 due to mana cost.

I had a couple questions about the build:

a) Do you think it's viable to take the three points off Piercing Shots in order to use Voidwalker boots? More movespeed, phasing, far better pierce, circumstantial projectile mitigation, and far higher evasion to help out QotF. The problem would then be trying to plug a rather gaping fire res hole, but it seems like this can be done with res on two jewels and simply a different plug ring (i.e. from 87, one more level, and getting the three points back from Piercing Shots wheel).

b) Why do we take the DoT wheel ending in Growth and Decay? From reading about skill interaction, it seems to only affect Contagion, which doesn't seem to be worth investing in. Because we pathed through Coordination to get life, and Occultist's Dominion to get to MoM/AoE, we could take Shadow (Chaos damage) or Witch (spell damage) starting nodes instead. Wouldn't that be more efficient for damage, or is the natural life regen really that important (it seems quite underwhelming when not dealing damage)?

[e:] Here's my tree/gear link if it helps. Don't mind the enchants; I'm still working on those, and Blood Rage will go to the helm once I go for a 6L QotF.
Last edited by svara_eir on Sep 26, 2017, 3:23:37 AM
"
Did you start the league with this build? Seems interesting.

No, but I should have!

I started with a generic Trickster ED, got bored --> generic Baron SRS, got bored and poor.

Got a lucky lvl 4 empower, and did some PoB work to find something fun to do with it.
"
Rokuta wrote:
Could you link/ advize on jewel rolls?

Also, just wondering why not corrupt leashes til you get AoE increase?

On jewels, you want any combination of:

- life
- damage over time
- chaos damage
- spell damage
- spell damage dual wield
- cast speed
- cast speed dual wield
- missing resistances

Roughly in that order.

I can't corrupt MY leash because if I lose it's strength (implicit), all my red gems break. I'm sure you could put STR on a ring, helm, or even a point on the tree. If you found strength somewhere else, AoE increase or skill duration increase would both be good.
"
MegaTen_IV wrote:
I think I am going to try this but as a Trickster, I really do not like the concept of the Ascendancy being focused on flasks.

I hate using flasks.

Sure. The tree will work just fine, and you'll have almost as much quantity, with a bunch of extra damage. It'll just be way slower.

You have to take the good with the bad. If flasks weren't so clunky to use, they couldn't be so powerful. If you haven't tried a Pathfinder, you really should. Pushing 5 buttons every 8 seconds really isn't that bad. Especially if you manage to find a black market popsicle stick.
"
RomoFin wrote:
also wondering if it's worth killing the boss on that map since it's a bit of trouble for me right now

That's entirely personal preference. If the mods are tough (vunln, minus max, ele weak are the worst for me) I usually just drop a portal outside the boss room. If I die, whatever. I see your character is lvl 91. Ask yourself if you want a couple more passive points or the peace of mind knowing that witch wasn't holding a doctor card.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info