[3.0] Demon's Souls [Hiltless] Cyclone build | League starter | Shaper Down!

"
Zeekin wrote:
"
Darkeraz wrote:
Nice build. I'm trying it out right now.

I do have a question though. In your Carcass jack you have:

Cast when damage taken + Glacial cascade + Bladefall + Iron will + Etherial knives (+ herald of ash, but doesn't need to go here).

aint there a better choice for a 6th support gem here instead of Herald of Ash. Seems kinda wasted when you do have 6 linked.

Short answer - yes, controlled destruction (blue socket) or added fire (red socket).

Long answer - I ran out of sockets and it was the only place I could fit herald of Ash while keeping ancestral totem (need for DPS on shaper) and less duration support (linked with bloodrage for quality of life).

If I really want that 6th support I'd recolour my carcass to fit CD and probably swap less duration for HoA and somehow put up with bloodrage draining ~40% of my life over 10 seconds.

Problem is, if I decided that I didn't like 10 second bloodrage I'd need to recolour my carcass jack back to 3 red sockets which was initially painful to do, so I think I'd rather avoid it for now and stick with my current setup.

To provide some more context, in an earlier version of this build (I've been playing it since start of league and it has gone through many iterations), I was actually using [Repentance Crusader Gloves] which have inbuilt iron will, and using controlled destruction and added fire damage in my chest 6L with CWDT/spells, however I ended up dropping them as the stats requirement was too high (requires 306 INT), and the gloves added very little stats wise - dropping them allowed me to drop a lot of life/stat nodes and pick up a heap more damage nodes (optimising my passive tree).

I determined that the majority of your single target damage has to come from cyclone, as relying on CWDT against bosses is too inconsistent to be reliable. The CWDT spells are mostly useful for increased clear speed of trash monsters/leeching from range (e.g. if something knocks a chunk of your HP off from range, CWDT+cloaked in savagery heals you right backup!).

Thank you for answer.

I know what you mean. I spend 500 chromatic orbs trying to get 3 reds on my Carc Jack, so im not going to change it either :)

certainly a good solid build. Trying to minmax my gear atm. Cant seem to get a 6-link my Hilt sword :(
Just wanna say this is one of the best builds i have tried in POE, and thats alot. Just keeps on being fun!
Great build! Very fun to play with and fast enough in clearing mobs, I'm having a blast!
Thanks for the positive feedback, I'm glad you're all enjoying it :)
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Last edited by Zeekin on Sep 10, 2017, 1:24:01 AM
I was thinking, could it, by any chance be an idea to use animate weapon, or wouldnt it work? Also thinking about swapping in magmaorb instead of glacial, dunno if it makes any idea.
"
rasmusfjord wrote:
I was thinking, could it, by any chance be an idea to use animate weapon, or wouldnt it work? Also thinking about swapping in magmaorb instead of glacial, dunno if it makes any idea.

If you want to maximize your damage, you need to use physical damage spells to get the buffs from hatred and herald of ash.

Magma orb only deals fire damage so it's going to do a lot less damage than bladefall, EK or glacial cascade. It also only goes in one direction, so it's probably going to hit less enemies.

Un-talented, un-supported animated weapons are probably not going to do any real damage - the build would need to be changed significantly to make them work; and I think it'd probably end up being more of a meme build than a shaper viable one - but hey, who knows it could be the new meta (but given animated weapons innate clunkiness, it's doubtful).
Arh roger,
Thanks for explaining, im guessing its just because i need to level my CWDT gems before those skills gain any real damage. Because im doing ok dmg with the cyclone.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/rasmusfjord/characters#tuuutzisss
Excuse me, I try to use your build,find this build is so funny and strong.
Can I transfer your build to other forums?
Build guide updated:

Now using a socketed ring to fit herald of ash, which frees up space in the chest 6L for controlled destruction! Much more spell damage!

Have changed to using insanity essense crafted rare gloves for the 16% more attack speed - this gives much faster leap slam map movement.
Meginords is still highly competitive stats wise.

"
pbpb147z2000 wrote:
Excuse me, I try to use your build,find this build is so funny and strong.
Can I transfer your build to other forums?

Sure, just be sure to credit the original source :-)

Thanks, I post this build in another forum.
Someone tell me pick up Ruthless Support to put Hypothermia Support,
and pick up Glacial Cascade or Ethereal Knives to put Vortex.
How do you think about this?

Sorry,I am taiwanese , english is poor.
Last edited by pbpb147z2000 on Sep 13, 2017, 2:47:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info