[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

"
xMustard wrote:

my recent statements about rare wands were nowhere directed towards you or your OP. they were directed to the conversation with others regarding rare wands and their opinions of them, which is why i was quoting them and not you or your OP.
we all know that wanders can be the most expensive to gear, and if you're at that point of upgrade to squeeze out the last 2% bonus dmg, then sure spend 4000c on a wand and 2000c on jewelry. w/e.

Just because it wasn't directed at me doesn't mean anything. You're still posting it here. And I wasn't talking about squeezing 2% damage for 4000c. Im talking about a good amount of damage (10%) for 1000c.

"
lol yes i am not saying a 1100c wand wouldn't up my damage, but a 10% increase for 1100c is fucking horrible and i'd rather use that currency to upgrade anything else or gear and entirely different build like a ngamahu's raider or EA HoG farmer, etc.

I didn't say that you said that, and I also didn't say it would be worth it for you to upgrade to a rare wand. I did say that you were wrong about rare wands not being worth it in general. Maybe for you it's not worth it, but for anyone who actually wants to properly gear their wander and push it to the limit, it is. Anyone can just make a wander build, throw some random gear on and clear T15s (case in point). Min-maxing a wander is what this whole guide is about.

"
im just saying it isn't worth it. 35% inc dmg oooo so good, except it costs you a mirror. with that cost you can get a build that farms shaper/HoG/guardians/breaches all day long that out performs this build six ways from tuesday in every aspect.

Oh really? What build, for the cost of a mirror, can outperform a wander in every way?

"
i have a LOT of game knowledge as i've been playing since open beta and i like to think i can put it to good use.

Just by tinkering with your your tree and gem setup, with your current gear, I gave you 117k more dps vs shaper (331k with him burning, to 448k) while also giving you Vaal Pact, 75% reduced reflect damage, 32% more MS, and keeping the same amount of life, and acrobatics. This setup also gives you 50% increased KB damage (with pierce btw). So much for game knowledge...
Here's the pastebin btw https://pastebin.com/NynuNSZz
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
Last edited by Science on Sep 9, 2017, 4:21:56 PM
"
lol yes i am not saying a 1100c wand wouldn't up my damage, but a 10% increase for 1100c is fucking horrible and i'd rather use that currency to upgrade anything else or gear and entirely different build like a ngamahu's raider or EA HoG farmer, etc.

im just saying it isn't worth it. 35% inc dmg oooo so good, except it costs you a mirror. with that cost you can get a build that farms shaper/HoG/guardians/breaches all day long that out performs this build six ways from tuesday in every aspect.

And thats personal, while other builds may outperform a wander in those things like you said, I for one have way more fun playing my wander than any other character so I am min maxing my gear to the extreme since It's the most fun I've had in PoE, to me it's worth it to spend every bit of currency on a wander just because I have more fun playing it.

Wand, what do you think my next upgrade should be, gloves or ring? I'm running a tree slightly different just because I value acro and phase acro a lil bit more than you do.

when I reach 97 (96 atm) I'm going to respec both 5% life nodes next to bravery and golem's blood and get cruel preparation.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPUACTIAAHebjQgu7YMZjgBe034knWJafXX-uu967g5W-n8r_W5-3Xj5jbl31-OfZ6CHdkp9FHWkwluvTipM_0Mx2sEuU9NvdO0FLXrvI9NvJ49gjX63tnXL6mK-p2VNvTZHfjB8jX0j9k2SUUc31O0_51Qk_f_ejb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCBbXo1iLqwzoqODIBshnPepu1hMUkiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRf8YwW60zGdeiow_EO3y4ysHzgh4UsJphx8rJRL7uP3Ns5wmgznCVIC0fxSj2W1m8TLNFfg5cavrQH-_rAAAAAAA=

Edit: Also have a Yriel with rhoa that refuses to get 6linked for bosses and qotf will be left for mapping
Last edited by andrertav on Sep 9, 2017, 4:30:36 PM
"
andrertav wrote:
And thats personal, while other builds may outperform a wander in those things like you said, I for one have way more fun playing my wander than any other character so I am min maxing my gear to the extreme since It's the most fun I've had in PoE, to me it's worth it to spend every bit of currency on a wander just because I have more fun playing it.

and thats great, good for you, but the rare wand should absolutely be the last thing you upgrade. for its massive cost and minimal boost.
"
andrertav wrote:
"

Wand, what do you think my next upgrade should be, gloves or ring? I'm running a tree slightly different just because I value acro and phase acro a lil bit more than you do.

when I reach 97 (96 atm) I'm going to respec both 5% life nodes next to bravery and golem's blood and get cruel preparation.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPUACTIAAHebjQgu7YMZjgBe034knWJafXX-uu967g5W-n8r_W5-3Xj5jbl31-OfZ6CHdkp9FHWkwluvTipM_0Mx2sEuU9NvdO0FLXrvI9NvJ49gjX63tnXL6mK-p2VNvTZHfjB8jX0j9k2SUUc31O0_51Qk_f_ejb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCBbXo1iLqwzoqODIBshnPepu1hMUkiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRf8YwW60zGdeiow_EO3y4ysHzgh4UsJphx8rJRL7uP3Ns5wmgznCVIC0fxSj2W1m8TLNFfg5cavrQH-_rAAAAAAA=

Edit: Also have a Yriel with rhoa that refuses to get 6linked for bosses and qotf will be left for mapping

I would look for a ring upgrade for the opal that is almost completely multimodded. Upgrading your gloves wouldn't yield to much of an upgrade, since you have the right rolls, just 1 tier lower than you'd probably like. Looking at the rest of your gear however, you should keep your eye out for a double flask mod leather belt with life + wed, that would be a decent upgrade. Other than that, your wand is probably your biggest potential upgrade, over everything else. I'd look for a 3T1 wand (lightning, fire or cold, crit chance. Something along those lines), that would be your best DPS increased per ex imo.
P.S. I hope you like my boots :)
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
Is 'Point blank' needed, because i sometimes find it anoying to fight bosses with point blank
Noob wander here
I have been following your guide and KB feels great, i jusy don't get how i am supposed to do do end game bosses with this full evade build, even low level map bosses can os me even though i have 4k life, i dont get it, what am i doing wrong?
ideas on next upgrade ?
hi, was just thinking of starting this build and was wandering, if this is better wand than piscator?

Invested around 60c to 80c to get myself budget build gears, can clean the mobs just fine thanks to tempest binding, but map boss just keep flooring me.
Hey hey,
Wander ist new for me and i have lots of trouble with bosses/Singletarget (T10 and higher)
Trash with KB is super smooth.
Dont know whats wrong with my Singletarget, someone can look over my char?
I know i have to mutch resis, i want chance my left Ring after i get the next Jewel slot

here's my pastebin

https://pastebin.com/BuCE3iPd

Ps: sorry for my bad English
Last edited by omitsilence on Sep 10, 2017, 9:25:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info