[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

"
fame93 wrote:
Great post!

What do you advice for HC player?

Really want to try in HHC.

I'd go Ascendant with belly / tempest's binding. Should be over 7k HP with that setup.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
Last edited by Science on Sep 2, 2017, 3:06:30 PM
I really wanted to do a wander again this league but I'm so sick of flaskfinder pianokey playing constantly or the offscreen autodeath to a reflect mob when my flask dropped for 1 ms. I have to say the scion path is absolutely brilliant. Sure my dmg is a tiny bit below the curve but having way more health, being reflect immune, way more resists and the ability to comfortably play with gear due to it is amazing. It wouldn't surprise me if with all of this combined you could actually pull ahead with gg jewels everywhere and more dps stats on gear due to not needing as much resists.

Love it, great job.
I just finished leveling my wander but I wanted to do a cold version with added cold and cold pen instead of lightning dmg.. so tired of almost all elemental builds for ranger being lightning. Do you think cold is viable as well? Every wander guide I see is lightning so not sure...
"
I just finished leveling my wander but I wanted to do a cold version with added cold and cold pen instead of lightning dmg.. so tired of almost all elemental builds for ranger being lightning. Do you think cold is viable as well? Every wander guide I see is lightning so not sure...

has to be a reason why its lightning and not cold or fire right :) ? who knows maybe you can invent something new :D
Last edited by idrgz on Sep 3, 2017, 6:54:52 AM
Made this today, seems like i should probably use it over Piscators ?

"

The reason we use lightning as our main damage is because the average values of lightning damage are higher than cold or fire damage. You can play a cold version for sure, the DPS will just be lower than lightning.

"
markww wrote:
Made this today, seems like i should probably use it over Piscators ?

It doesn't have crit chance. You can scour the suffixes then multimod, that would probably out DPS a Piscators.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
"
Desreien wrote:
"

The reason we use lightning as our main damage is because the average values of lightning damage are higher than cold or fire damage. You can play a cold version for sure, the DPS will just be lower than lightning.

Yea I figured lightning was the highest dps, just bored of almost all elemental builds being lightning lol. Also thought the tempest's binding helm would scale nicely with it since it gets icebite built in. I thought the extra cold dmg and freezing could help defensively to offset the dps loss. I guess you'd lose a lot of leech through vinktars as well though. Wish GGG would buff some of the other elements up to par. Great guide btw though, very in depth.
In your budget pastebins, for the Ascendant, one, it starts scrolled off into the middle of nowhere on the passives tree, which makes it look like it didn't import one properly. Might be worth fixing that so users don't get confused ^^.
Hello, I have a question that may be a little bit off topic, but I am leveling this build so it seems like a good place to ask it.

Just reached lvl 67 and am having a good time with this build but I am sort of a glass cannon (2.4K HP). I am now at the end of act 10 and about to go out and kill Kitava. My question is, what happens if I put it off for a while? I already have Zana in my hideout so mapping should not be a problem, so why take the resistance penalty if I don't need to? Or does this just make my Scion a wussy?

Thanks

I think that I answered my own question. When I put a map in the 'Maping Divice' before killing Kitava, the device just eats the map and does not give me any portals :(
Last edited by Skua99 on Sep 3, 2017, 7:52:26 PM
Hi all.

First of all, great guide. Simple yet informative and provides options. Solid work. I rate this guide.

I have been playing this build as Ascendent Ele/Raider [91] (was Ele/Deadeye, you converted me) in HHC and I absolutely love it and I thought I would share thoughts for newer players that want to try this in HHC. Note, I have also a PF wander [93] but reflect will hurt and scare the hell out of you. So for HC, Ascendent is the most viable class.

Not the best player in the world but can now comfortably clear T15. But any further advice and feedback would be greatly appreciated not just for me but also for the general community.

I had to make a several changes to increase survivability because I still feel squishy even though I run 6.3K health.

I have found the build lacking in mitigation (I do not trust evasion in HC, I did consider Iron Reflexes but yet to test) and very little to no chaos resist (I think this is vital in HC). This is a big problem with any build that uses several pieces of uniques because it is already so hard to cap normal elemental resists and now you want to cap chaos (+75 is probably not possible but I aim for +30, but I would say anything that is not negative, you would be winning in life)

Wear Belly. Helps with life and elemental resist so you can maybe find chaos resistance on your other gear. You do not need the damage/crit you get from Yriel’s. The MS is negligible IMO. I felt no difference in general mapping. I would say I didn’t feel too bad fighting bosses as long as you can get a stage where you can go ham without moving. Trade-off is that you must use Lycosidae. Getting 1400+ accuracy without yriel's is too hard, if you also want to fill in all the other wanted attributes.

I find not having a life flask a bit sketchy where you get hit by stray chaos spider projectile (and any other chaos projectile) and you only have stragglers left to clear. Since dying in HC means actually dying so I do switch flasks as necessary. Takes 1 portal so it is worth it IMO. So my flask setup is:

-Experimenter Quicksilver Flask of Heat [I switch this for Wise Oak for boss, if I know I do not need immunity to chill and freeze]
-Experimenter Diamond Flask of Grounding/Staunching
-Experimenter Basalt Flask of Warding
-Vinktar
-Bubbling/Seething Divine Life Flask of anything (I have Staunching) [I switch this for Dying Sun for boss]

Gem Setup the same as guide for Barrage (body armour) and Kinetic Blast (helm).

On my boots, since Ele/Raider have no need for the Onslaught Gem, I replaced it with an Enhance Gem for more cold damage so Herald of Ice hits harder. You can also use Empower but I found the mana multiplier hurts the smoothness of general mapping too much compared to Enhance. [Herald of Ice – Assassin’s Mark – Curse on Hit – Enhance].

Or you just leave it as a 3L and add a golem summon. [Herald of Ice – Assassin’s Mark – Curse on Hit – Summon Ice/Lightning Golem]

I have on my shield: Wrath – Enlighten (not necessary) – Summon Ice/Lightning Golem/Empower (kills mana though)

The biggest change I made is the gems in gloves, I went with [Orb of Storms, Power Charge of Critical, Curse on Hit, Projectile Weakness]. I found this a strong and safe set up against bosses thanks to the knockback and with how often barrage hits, the boss generally will not get too close to you to hit you. And with less hits = higher survival rate. You will need to get closer to him every now and then to maintain Point Blank.

And wand, I have the usual Immortal Call, Cast on Damage Taken, Increased Duration/Warlord’s Mark.

I do not use Vaal Haste but I feel that the de-buff with Projectile Weakness is good enough and safer.

Biggest Con would be no socket for movement skill (flame dash, lightning warp, etcetc) so yeah, I have not found the need for it but I can imagine it would be useful.

I hope this helps a bit with players that intend to play HHC with this build.

And apologies on the long post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info