[3.0] Marty's Phys Cyclone Slayer [HHC level 100 League Starter] Shaper/All Guardians Down.

"
CrossjointTV wrote:
I'm super new to this game and am having trouble understanding mana in this build.

-Why is leap slam the only skill using blood magic?

-If cyclone isn't blood magic how do we generate the mana especially with herald of ash, hatred?

-End game I still don't see a way to generate mana with no flasks. The other build guide I was looking at had a blood magic support for all the skills and just using 100% of mana to Auras.

I think I'm missing out on some simple things as I've never played PoE before 3.0

-Because this is the max dps setup. You can run Blood Magic, but then you can't use auras (reserves mana = now reserves your HP). Blood Magic gem? Now you have 5-link damage.

-The 0.4% mana leech node southeast of Duelist start.

-Pretty much every endgame build with high attack damage can infinitely sustain mana from a 0.4% mana leech node or some mana leech on jewels as long as you're attacking enemies and not spamming on air. When your damage gets high enough, your mana problems are gone. Mana is only a problem early on, when leveling.

Physical Cyclone build has mostly two variants - pure physical Starforge (Blood Magic, no elemental auras) and Disfavor (mana leech, auras, elemental flasks for damage) based on the two big endgame unique weapons.
Hey guys,

I loved this build and am currently selling all my gear. This gear will get u to 9200 hp at lvl 91, and have outrageously insane dmg. It was a lot of fun, but I need to sell it all to fund my next char: LL RF!

U can make me an offer on everything combined if youd like, just plz dont lowball :)

"
Clerith wrote:
"
CrossjointTV wrote:
I'm super new to this game and am having trouble understanding mana in this build.

-If cyclone isn't blood magic how do we generate the mana especially with herald of ash, hatred?

-End game I still don't see a way to generate mana with no flasks. The other build guide I was looking at had a blood magic support for all the skills and just using 100% of mana to Auras.

I think I'm missing out on some simple things as I've never played PoE before 3.0

-Because this is the max dps setup. You can run Blood Magic, but then you can't use auras (reserves mana = now reserves your HP). Blood Magic gem? Now you have 5-link damage.

-The 0.4% mana leech node southeast of Duelist start.

-Pretty much every endgame build with high attack damage can infinitely sustain mana from a 0.4% mana leech node or some mana leech on jewels as long as you're attacking enemies and not spamming on air. When your damage gets high enough, your mana problems are gone. Mana is only a problem early on, when leveling.

Physical Cyclone build has mostly two variants - pure physical Starforge (Blood Magic, no elemental auras) and Disfavor (mana leech, auras, elemental flasks for damage) based on the two big endgame unique weapons.

Thank you for this and yeah I was talking about Blood Magic Gems. I'll run a mana flask with leveling for now and try to get better at not attacking the air.

Edit: One more question actually. If I'm going to run cyclone with mana do I want hatred and herald and keep 25% of my mana just for the skill?
Last edited by CrossjointTV on Aug 29, 2017, 4:50:05 PM
"
CrossjointTV wrote:

Edit: One more question actually. If I'm going to run cyclone with mana do I want hatred and herald and keep 25% of my mana just for the skill?

Yes, it goes like that.

You can get Elreon -mana cost jewelry, can spec into something like Mana Flows early and respec later, you can run mana leech gloves or helmet during the leveling process. Many ways to negate the need for mana pots until you get enough dps for 0.4% mana leech to take care of things.

And using Blood Magic gem is also completely viable, you can try it later yourself, it used to be fairly common a few leagues ago, 1 link less damage for 3 saved points and Arctic Armor or something. That's the wonder of PoE, everything is extremely customizable to your personal preference. Always treat guides as something of a guideline instead of a Word of God. Though guides are most of the time better than what you cook up ;D Still, it's your game playing your character. Do it however you want.

"
Clerith wrote:
You can get Elreon -mana cost jewelry, can spec into something like Mana Flows early and respec later, you can run mana leech gloves or helmet during the leveling process. Many ways to negate the need for mana pots until you get enough dps for 0.4% mana leech to take care of things.

While OP already mentioned Thief's Torment, I think it's worthwhile to mention again here. It's super cheap, can carry you well into maps if needed, and may be the single biggest QoL pickup for leveling (other than perhaps Carnage Heart, mostly because you reaaaally need a lot of dex/int for gems that the tree doesn't give you without taking a whole bunch of extra 30-nodes).

I just hit 80 on HHC with this build and only recently upgraded from my TT. Try it out, you'll find things going a whole lot smoother.

"
Resiarlleh wrote:
How should you be applying bleed if you use Kondo's Pride?

The "Razor's Edge" sword-dps nodes (far-left) give you 25% bleed chance, although that's just gravy most of the time as Kondo's damage even without the bleed is pretty solid.

Edit:
Speaking of Kondo's... Just threw a few fuses at mine in hopes of a 5L, but I guess this will have to do:

GG GGG <3
Last edited by Bladewing_M on Aug 29, 2017, 6:42:05 PM
"
Resiarlleh wrote:

You apply bleed with the sword nodes, but as was already mentioned here kondo's is just a budget high pdps weapon, the bonus damage vs. bleeding is just icing on the cake

"
fredstars wrote:
"
"
Kanses wrote:
at what point do u start with cyclone?

"
fredstars wrote:
So im bleeding dry on mana at 32 when cycloning, gets better? xD

If you want to cyclone while levelling you need to either drop hatred or use a thief's torment.

Ty for quick reply, 5link should look like?; Cyclon>melee phys> ruthless> maim > damage on full(added fire until cruel labS)

:)

Cheers

I use inc aoe/concentrated effect over maim until I 6-link as mentioned in the links section of the guide.

"
Clerith wrote:
Started league with this. Going fine, well, Cyclone and Sunder for leveling is pretty strong almost no matter what you do.

I liked this build over any of the other Slayer Cycloners, since I just wanna map and don't have any currency.

I'm at the point where I should pick Doomsower or Kondo's Pride, and considering I'll be using one till I get the currency (IF EVER) for Starforge/Disfavor, I'd really like to know which is better. Kondo probably has the higher theoretical dps, but Doomsower has smoother gameplay with that aspd and better aoe.

First item I bought was Carnage Heart (why is this so expensive, sucks for a league starter) followed by a good Quicksilver (gotta go fast).

It's honestly not a massive difference, you'll have a harder time finding a well rolled doomsower than kondo's though.

Yeah it sucks that carnage heart is so expensive now but you won't replace it ever so it's worth it.

"
CrossjointTV wrote:

Between tireless and the duelist mana leech/life node to the right of wrecking ball you'll have no trouble sustaining mana end-game even in no regen maps.

We don't link blood magic to cyclone because you're sacrificing an absurd amount of damage for something that's not even an issue.

As I mentioned in the leveling section a thief's torment will carry your mana through to maps or until you pick up the duelist mana leech node. I use a mana flask while levelling until about 50-60ish to help smooth it as well.

"
Clerith wrote:
"
CrossjointTV wrote:

Yes, it goes like that.

And using Blood Magic gem is also completely viable, you can try it later yourself, it used to be fairly common a few leagues ago, 1 link less damage for 3 saved points and Arctic Armor or something. That's the wonder of PoE, everything is extremely customizable to your personal preference. Always treat guides as something of a guideline instead of a Word of God. Though guides are most of the time better than what you cook up ;D Still, it's your game playing your character. Do it however you want.

I really wouldn't recommend blood magic as cyclone because arctic armor's damage reduction doesn't do anything as you're always moving. If you really want chilled ground you can just get it from cast when damage taken vortex, it's far more reliable against ranged mobs too.

"
Bladewing_M wrote:
"
Clerith wrote:

While OP already mentioned Thief's Torment, I think it's worthwhile to mention again here. It's super cheap, can carry you well into maps if needed, and may be the single biggest QoL pickup for leveling (other than perhaps Carnage Heart, mostly because you reaaaally need a lot of dex/int for gems that the tree doesn't give you without taking a whole bunch of extra 30-nodes).

I just hit 80 on HHC with this build and only recently upgraded from my TT. Try it out, you'll find things going a whole lot smoother.

"
Resiarlleh wrote:

The "Razor's Edge" sword-dps nodes (far-left) give you 25% bleed chance, although that's just gravy most of the time as Kondo's damage even without the bleed is pretty solid.

Edit:
Speaking of Kondo's... Just threw a few fuses at mine in hopes of a 5L, but I guess this will have to do:

Yeah thief's torment is amazing, and congrats that's a beastly kondos! you should have some decent resale value too!
Newbie player here trying out this build for HHC. What order would you recommend purchasing the core uniques in?
Love the build!

Quick questions:

1. Since I wont have the currency in the near future to afford a Starforge or Disfavour, I am most likely using the Kondo's Pride or Doomsower.

Is it worth it to spec into the Node "Red Storm"? For 3 Points, I would get another 25% Chance of Bleeding (For a total of 50%) and additional 30% more physical damage.
Of Course I would only do this while using Kondo's Pride and would respec as soon as I get my Hands on something better.

Are there any other 2hand weapons, which outperform Kondo's/Doomsower, but less expensive than the true BiS choices? (Since I have to at least 5-link those weapons aswell)

2. Similar to #1. The chest Kaoms Heart is way out of my league at the moment, so I was looking for alternatives. I found the "Bronn's Lithe Cutthroat's Garb" (Link: Bronn's Lithe Cutthroat's Garb ), which would give me more Movement Speed, increased AS + AS on kills and a nice boost of max. 50% to cyclone. This all comes for the price of defense, but since I am playing in Softcore, a death wouldn't be the end. (I could also pick up Iron Reflexes to change the Evasion to Armor)

Would this be a decent alternative? Or would a rare 6 link chest with Life/Res/etc. a better option?

Thanks in advance!
Hey thanks for a great guide,

I am at the point where I have purchased a Kaom's Heart and now have to decide between 6L Disfavour or 6L Starforge.. Could you advise me which one to go? My goal is to kill shaper and uber atziri. Thanks in advance.
Hey, great guide i wanna try it out. But i have some doubts about weapon. What should i buy starforge or atziri's disfavour? What is difference betwen those?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info