[3.0] Marty's Phys Cyclone Slayer [HHC level 100 League Starter] Shaper/All Guardians Down.

"
Iwillblessu wrote:
Quick question, why do you spec into the sword damage increase nodes as opposed to the axe ones?

Because doomsower and kondo's pride are better than any axe up to disfavour. When you get disfavour of course you're going to swap to axe nodes instead.
"
Personally I wouldn't change anything, unless your goals are different and you're wanting to do guardians/shaper in which case I wouldn't bother getting ele weakness capped so I could get more damage on jewels and I'd drop a few life nodes for damage nodes.

Thanks!
I don't really see myself going for shaper at the moment, so I'll keep it as is! :)
Is it better to go this route than ngamahu cyclone if I can't afford a atziri's disfavour but can afford a ngamahu? Cause that build takes the projectile stuff aswell
"
Lupofin wrote:
Is it better to go this route than ngamahu cyclone if I can't afford a atziri's disfavour but can afford a ngamahu? Cause that build takes the projectile stuff aswell

Honestly ngamahu is a completely different build, if you want to play it you should follow a completely different guide. I wouldn't say ngamahu is much cheaper because doing it without xoph's blood is really not enjoyable (in my experience) having to path all the way to avatar of fire, and xoph's blood is pretty similar in price to disfavour on HC at least.
how beneficial is blood rage? was thinking about arctic armour + enlighten as a more defensive option. also, would iron reflexes be worth picking up?

edit: my bad, forgot that the damage reduction was only while stationary
Last edited by willypop on Aug 29, 2017, 1:27:02 AM
I found Soul of Arakaali another good Pantheon choice here. Considering we are using CWDT+immortal call comp while using blood rage, we will get the "50% increased RECOVERY of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time recently" effect quite often.

The 50% increased recovery of life includes life regeneration, leech, life pots, life gain on kill. This combining with slayer leech gives us a nearly instant leech back after taking a savage hit, which is quite helpful in long fights like Guardians. Lunaris is certainly better for general mapping like our OP did mostly in HHC.
Last edited by jikang2000 on Aug 28, 2017, 11:44:01 AM
Just a little question by side, how do you deal as a cycloner with those insane goatmen molten shells? Especally when they are magic and more when they have shared boon?
Yes Ancestral Warchief works wonder but you only have to sleep a second with that speed and your char is gone. And clearing a map for blue back goatmens with AC or gemswitching is not convinient.

I ripped already two chars the same way with it, may i am a bit dumb in that case, but it is really annoying to skip all maps (Canyon i.e.) which have most of the mob type or map mods like contains animals or goatmen.
Because even with that insane leech, when i am popping a group of them and all shells go off the same time even the leech couln't save me.
Any advise?

Besides that, it is really strong build, my tree looks different, made it to have more jewels.
It is insanly fast, vaal pact (it feels like) comparable leech and the 20% cull which is like a double culling strike, works really well even in a 4L. Got first round with a 4l Kondo's up to tier 8 withouth having real problems with damage.
Then combined with Yugul Pantheon you can do without problems phys reflect, didn't notice anything there.
No Regen, Phys reduction up to yellow tier maps, chaos and ele resistance mod, Elemental Equilibrium absolute no problem. (ripped all time before red maps so can't say anything about that)
In conclusion this build is pretty much a good league starter, has strong boss killing mechanics, is easy to gear and very flexible with map mods.
The tree is straight forward and you could do it with all 2h melee weapons, but Atziri and Starforge are just insane.
It is a really smooth gameplay, because you kill while moving and thus get less hit.
It has even big potential doing shaper, guardians and uber lab especally when you get Starforge or Atziri's Disfavour, but that is when you have the currency for that.

And sorry for any spelling or grammar issues, im not a native english speaker
Last edited by Moschl on Aug 28, 2017, 4:45:14 PM
Started my cyclone slayer using Zizaran's guide for reference as I've never played cyclone before, but I don't agree with his passive tree. Found your guide, made some changes in PoB with it as a reference and it ended up feeling better to play. Doomsower is sufficient for any mapping, though I have had some issues doing T15 bosses but I think that can be attributed to my level and gear being subpar.

I'm playing SC so one change I made was using Haemophilia gloves for mapping. I will probably replace them with spiked gloves later on but for now they are really nice to play with. They make pack clearing somewhat more efficient and the explosions are just really satisfying.

Also, I'm using this poe.trade search for jewels that you might want to add to the guide: http://poe.trade/search/utikosihasiher
It is set to HSC but that is easy enough to change.
Last edited by Euploid on Aug 28, 2017, 8:22:13 PM
hey man, following your guide currently. what are your thoughts on dropping hatred herald of ash for a more defensive combo like clarity and purity of elements? i feel this would really bring the build to the next level but I would like advice from someone who has played it first, thx.
"
willypop wrote:
how beneficial is blood rage? was thinking about arctic armour + enlighten as a more defensive option. also, would iron reflexes be worth picking up?

Blood rage isn't an option, it's also not an aura so it shouldn't be compared to arctic armour and enlighten. If you want chilled ground you can get that from cwdt vortex, arctic armour's damage reduction does nothing for cyclone as you're never stationary.

For reference blood rage is giving 3 frenzy charges (12% more damage and 12 increased attack speed) as well as the leech and attack speed on the ability itself.

"
jikang2000 wrote:
I found Soul of Arakaali another good Pantheon choice here. Considering we are using CWDT+immortal call comp while using blood rage, we will get the "50% increased RECOVERY of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time recently" effect quite often.

The 50% increased recovery of life includes life regeneration, leech, life pots, life gain on kill. This combining with slayer leech gives us a nearly instant leech back after taking a savage hit, which is quite helpful in long fights like Guardians. Lunaris is certainly better for general mapping like our OP did mostly in HHC.

Yeah my friend erion was telling me about that yesterday, it's definitely a great option for bossing. But as you said for mapping I'd still opt for lunaris mostly for the movement speed.

"
Moschl wrote:
Just a little question by side, how do you deal as a cycloner with those insane goatmen molten shells? Especally when they are magic and more when they have shared boon?
Yes Ancestral Warchief works wonder but you only have to sleep a second with that speed and your char is gone. And clearing a map for blue back goatmens with AC or gemswitching is not convinient.

I ripped already two chars the same way with it, may i am a bit dumb in that case, but it is really annoying to skip all maps (Canyon i.e.) which have most of the mob type or map mods like contains animals or goatmen.
Because even with that insane leech, when i am popping a group of them and all shells go off the same time even the leech couln't save me.
Any advise?

Besides that, it is really strong build, my tree looks different, made it to have more jewels.
It is insanly fast, vaal pact (it feels like) comparable leech and the 20% cull which is like a double culling strike, works really well even in a 4L. Got first round with a 4l Kondo's up to tier 8 withouth having real problems with damage.
Then combined with Yugul Pantheon you can do without problems phys reflect, didn't notice anything there.
No Regen, Phys reduction up to yellow tier maps, chaos and ele resistance mod, Elemental Equilibrium absolute no problem. (ripped all time before red maps so can't say anything about that)
In conclusion this build is pretty much a good league starter, has strong boss killing mechanics, is easy to gear and very flexible with map mods.
The tree is straight forward and you could do it with all 2h melee weapons, but Atziri and Starforge are just insane.
It is a really smooth gameplay, because you kill while moving and thus get less hit.
It has even big potential doing shaper, guardians and uber lab especally when you get Starforge or Atziri's Disfavour, but that is when you have the currency for that.

And sorry for any spelling or grammar issues, im not a native english speaker

For goatmen you just thin the pack picking off the ones on the side first, I didn't really have any issues with them. If you're doing maps that have goatmen mod or like canyon and such you just need to be aware of the fact that they exist and play accordingly.

I've never had to swap my warchief into my links for any map.

"
Euploid wrote:
Started my cyclone slayer using Zizaran's guide for reference as I've never played cyclone before, but I don't agree with his passive tree. Found your guide, made some changes in PoB with it as a reference and it ended up feeling better to play. Doomsower is sufficient for any mapping, though I have had some issues doing T15 bosses but I think that can be attributed to my level and gear being subpar.

I'm playing SC so one change I made was using Haemophilia gloves for mapping. I will probably replace them with spiked gloves later on but for now they are really nice to play with. They make pack clearing somewhat more efficient and the explosions are just really satisfying.

Also, I'm using this poe.trade search for jewels that you might want to add to the guide: http://poe.trade/search/utikosihasiher
It is set to HSC but that is easy enough to change.

Yeah I considered using Haemophilia gloves but I just really wasn't lacking for clearspeed at all, and I much prefer life gloves, the extra resists help a lot too with gearing.

I don't really want to put a live search for jewels into the OP as I think it's something people should really learn to set up themselves to suit their needs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info