[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
BuDiu wrote:
"
TheLazHawk wrote:
Hey guys, how much dmg would this build do? Im thinking about switching over to a different build because of that build having a lot of dps

I mean... that obviously depends on your gear.

Glacial Cascade is a phys spell that gets converted to elemental damage. These types of build can scale very well. Specially with mods like "% of physical damage gained as extra damage of a different type".

There are plenty of high damage builds in the game. That dosen't really mean much these days. Fights like Uber Elder, require a bit more than just insta phasing bosses with ridiculous DPS. There are immunity phases with alternating targets where you need to actually run around and survive, unless you play some ridiculous tanky build like RF or T H I C C B O I S W A G.

I can pretty much insta phase every boss in the game and I have no issues doing deathless Uber Elder carry with 2 player HP. If that means anything to your " how much dmg would this build do?".

I mean its my first ever time playing leagues on poe and playing the game in years. I guess where i'm going to with this is the fact that I want a really good build that can farm currency really fast?
"
TheLazHawk wrote:
"
BuDiu wrote:
"
TheLazHawk wrote:
Hey guys, how much dmg would this build do? Im thinking about switching over to a different build because of that build having a lot of dps

I mean... that obviously depends on your gear.

Glacial Cascade is a phys spell that gets converted to elemental damage. These types of build can scale very well. Specially with mods like "% of physical damage gained as extra damage of a different type".

There are plenty of high damage builds in the game. That dosen't really mean much these days. Fights like Uber Elder, require a bit more than just insta phasing bosses with ridiculous DPS. There are immunity phases with alternating targets where you need to actually run around and survive, unless you play some ridiculous tanky build like RF or T H I C C B O I S W A G.

I can pretty much insta phase every boss in the game and I have no issues doing deathless Uber Elder carry with 2 player HP. If that means anything to your " how much dmg would this build do?".

I mean its my first ever time playing leagues on poe and playing the game in years. I guess where i'm going to with this is the fact that I want a really good build that can farm currency really fast?

If you want to speed farm for currency, this is not the build for you. You should look into a windripper farmer.

Totems are not fast farming builds. They are generally very strong bossing builds and very "safe and defensive".

No matter how high you scale the damage, you still need to lay down the totems and wait for them to attack/cast.

You just can't compare the speed of something like a pathfinder/deadeye wander/windripper build that can offscreen packs instantly with 1 button click. But again, the important thing to think about the the purpose and what content do you plan on doing.

Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 30, 2018, 11:46:12 AM

"

If you want to speed farm for currency, this is not the build for you. You should look into a windripper farmer.

Totems are not fast farming builds. They are generally very strong bossing builds and very "safe and defensive".

No matter how high you scale the damage, you still need to lay down the totems and wait for them to attack/cast.

You just can't compare the speed of something like a pathfinder/deadeye wander/windripper build that can offscreen packs instantly with 1 button click. But again, the important thing to think about the the purpose and what content do you plan on doing.

Can you maybe point me to a guide and where to start?
Last edited by TheLazHawk on Mar 30, 2018, 12:06:37 PM
I don't know why everyone has such a hard on for MoM builds. My gear (TittySoup) is pretty good gear and I have flat mana on my rings and yet it still only takes 1-2 hits to put me out of mana and at half HP, especially if I run hatred like guide says too, even linked to lvl 3 enlighten.

I don't know the solution, I just don't understand why you say "MoM" and everyone salivates like a rabid dog about how amazing it is
"
broseidon07 wrote:
I don't know why everyone has such a hard on for MoM builds. My gear (TittySoup) is pretty good gear and I have flat mana on my rings and yet it still only takes 1-2 hits to put me out of mana and at half HP, especially if I run hatred like guide says too, even linked to lvl 3 enlighten.

I don't know the solution, I just don't understand why you say "MoM" and everyone salivates like a rabid dog about how amazing it is

I don't think anyone salivates over MoM. It's an extra layer of effective hp. Whats not to like about that? Have you done the math?

dude you're like level 76.... You're missing a significant chunk of life and mana you get per level plus a ton of skill points.

you're also running elemental focus on GC which is a big NONO in my books. Also arcane surge is pretty helpful if you can incorporate with a curse on hit skill or movement skill. Also there are really nice clarity watchers eye mods.
Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 30, 2018, 1:13:25 PM
"

Anyway mines are like totems in that they don't actually count as player hits, so if the neck is working for miners it should be working for us.

Fair enough and I believe you are probably more right than wrong on this. Appreciate your reasoning on this.
"
TheLazHawk wrote:

"

I'd like to point out that a windripper build is not cheap to get started. Given that you apparently can't even afford to get a 5-link chest yet for your GC totems guy, you should not be looking to transition to a higher budget build.

GC totes is not the fastest map farming build, but it is incredible bang-for-buck, and thus one the best league-starter builds out there. I strongly recommend sticking with it. With the (apparently almost zero) currency you invested in your GC totes guy, you're not going to get faster clear out of a different character. It takes actual gear to make a speed farming character. Not a crazy amount but at least a couple ex worth.

Instead of playing the grass is greener game, I recommend fixing up your character. First priority is to replace most of your rare items (which I assume are all things you found on the ground, I certainly hope you didn't buy those), with an eye towards capping your resists and getting some more life and mana. With kikazarus you want 90% all resists in hideout to be capped. You should be able to get better rares in every slot for 1-3 chaos. If you need to, use a jewel socket to help fix resists too.

Once you have capped resists and some actual life and mana, the next priority is to start raising your damage. Since you're running kikazarus, you can pick up self-flagellation and clear mind for cheap damage boosts. Next, weapons and a 5 link, are where a big damage jump happens. For non-shaper, doryani's catalyst is pretty good for its price (8c now). It is outclassed by shaper weapons fairly easily (15-20c range) though.

For shaper weapons, I made a post about this back at the top of page 88. If you don't want to go back and check, the thrust of it is this poe.trade search for budget shaper weapons. Be sure to pick one that has room to craft something on it.

----------------------------

I've seen a lot of people who have alt-itis who abandon a build before they ever actually gave it a chance, chasing that elusive "god build" which they never find, because they never put in the time and currency to actually complete it.
"

I've seen a lot of people who have alt-itis who abandon a build before they ever actually gave it a chance, chasing that elusive "god build" which they never find, because they never put in the time and currency to actually complete it.

That is seriously, every single one of my friends who play PoE, and then they complain every league that they can't do Uber Atziri and the new meme this league is now they can't do Uber Elder.

One guy actually flipped out in discord and rage quit PoE and gave me all his stuff because he failed like 5 sets on Uber Elder with his HOWA build lol
Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 30, 2018, 4:03:43 PM

"
"
TheLazHawk wrote:

"

I'd like to point out that a windripper build is not cheap to get started. Given that you apparently can't even afford to get a 5-link chest yet for your GC totems guy, you should not be looking to transition to a higher budget build.

GC totes is not the fastest map farming build, but it is incredible bang-for-buck, and thus one the best league-starter builds out there. I strongly recommend sticking with it. With the (apparently almost zero) currency you invested in your GC totes guy, you're not going to get faster clear out of a different character. It takes actual gear to make a speed farming character. Not a crazy amount but at least a couple ex worth.

Instead of playing the grass is greener game, I recommend fixing up your character. First priority is to replace most of your rare items (which I assume are all things you found on the ground, I certainly hope you didn't buy those), with an eye towards capping your resists and getting some more life and mana. With kikazarus you want 90% all resists in hideout to be capped. You should be able to get better rares in every slot for 1-3 chaos. If you need to, use a jewel socket to help fix resists too.

Once you have capped resists and some actual life and mana, the next priority is to start raising your damage. Since you're running kikazarus, you can pick up self-flagellation and clear mind for cheap damage boosts. Next, weapons and a 5 link, are where a big damage jump happens. For non-shaper, doryani's catalyst is pretty good for its price (8c now). It is outclassed by shaper weapons fairly easily (15-20c range) though.

For shaper weapons, I made a post about this back at the top of page 88. If you don't want to go back and check, the thrust of it is this poe.trade search for budget shaper weapons. Be sure to pick one that has room to craft something on it.

----------------------------

Hello, I do have a lot of items including the uniques you need to have. Maybe you can come check my character out and help me shape it for the better?
Last edited by TheLazHawk on Mar 30, 2018, 9:27:28 PM
Example budget boot search

example budget belt search

Example budget gloves search

Example budget helm search

All of these should have some 1c results. If they don't, you can tweak the totals down slightly.

You should easily be able to get your resists under control (90% in hideout for each element, don't worry about chaos) for 5c or so. Mix and match the resist values to get correct resists for you.

Don't forget that items which have only 2 suffixes can have a 3rd resist crafted on.

Then you can start worrying about the offensive slots once that's squared away.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 30, 2018, 10:06:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info