[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
moooff wrote:
Tried HOGM ... but failed :(

Could not handle those guys which off-screen me and my totems ... my totems did not get a singel spell out sometimes :( any hints?

Pretty much just set totems up before you aggro, and fall back a lot.

At lower gear levels the aegis aurora guys can be problematic, but with enough damage you can just swamp them. You can also run a block reduction gem, or just swap to scorching ray totem for them. Also frost bomb for regen guys (though probably you will just swamp their regen with your damage).

The most dangerous guys in terms of dying are archers and wanders, and you can end up just having to play cat and mouse with them a lot, and try to off-screen them and use the pillars. You definitely want to be dashing immediately backward as soon as you move far enough forward to activate a pack.
Did uber atziri deathless, same gear!!! NICE!
"
setcamper wrote:
EDIT: oh, because we're maxing golem... derp

Just out of curiosity, why is CWDT maxed for Lightning Golem?

For max level Golem. Nothing more to it.
"
So the main attraction is the 15% increased damage taken. That's pretty close to being a "more" multiplier, since we don't really have any other "increased damage taken" mods (other than the aforementioned shock

Do ailments inflicted by totems qualify for the increased damage taken condition of Yoke? It explicitly said by YOU.
"
Roirraw wrote:
"
So the main attraction is the 15% increased damage taken. That's pretty close to being a "more" multiplier, since we don't really have any other "increased damage taken" mods (other than the aforementioned shock

Do ailments inflicted by totems qualify for the increased damage taken condition of Yoke? It explicitly said by YOU.

This is one of those interesting edge cases, but I believe it does, and here's my reasoning:

If you kill an enemy with an ignite inflicted by a totem, it will proc on-kill effects for the player, even though killing with direct damage from the totem doesn't.

I don't believe totems are allowed to own ailments, so the player owns the ailment inflected by the totem. At least it seems to be that way for ignite, so I'm not sure why it would be any different for chill or shock. I'm not sure how you'd test it directly for chill and shock, since they're non-damaging ailments. For ignite you can test it easy with some southbound gloves and an on-kill effect.

From a programming perspective, I assume they did it this way because the ailment could potentially outlive the totem, and it might get tricky if the totem stopped existing but still owned active ailments.

Anyway mines are like totems in that they don't actually count as player hits, so if the neck is working for miners it should be working for us.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 30, 2018, 12:37:13 AM
I must be going crazy or something, but that new mirror worthy stat stick sceptre that popped up on reddit recently claiming #1, is showing to give me less dps than my current mirrored one on PoB...

Not sure why... It most certainly looks better

Current:

40% increased Elemental Damage
Grants Level 20 Aspect of the Cat Skill
Gain 40% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage??
Gain 40% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage??
Gain 20% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage??
Gain 20% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element??
crafted+27% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Shaped

New:

Damage Penetrates 6% Elemental Resistances
Grants Level 20 Aspect of the Cat Skill??
Gain 40% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage??
Gain 40% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage??
Gain 20% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage??
Gain 25% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element??
crafted+27% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Shaped

Any thoughts

edit: ok I think i got it figured out. PoB dosen't really work with the Extra "Damage of a random Element". So the 5% gain from the new sceptre is not being reflected, so the only difference is the 40% ele dmg vs 6% penn, and the ele dmg beats the penn.

But at the end of the day. the extra 5% of a random element will bring it very very slightly ahead.
Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 30, 2018, 9:09:13 AM
Hey Guys,

im dng a kikazaru and self flag set up.

I'm alittle lost at the moment in terms of auras. Do i run hatred or clarity or both?

Thanks!
"
FenixLeeYiRen wrote:
Hey Guys,

im dng a kikazaru and self flag set up.

I'm alittle lost at the moment in terms of auras. Do i run hatred or clarity or both?

Thanks!

With Kikazarus you are gaining a pretty big damage boost from Self Flag, so you can afford to not use hatred. The main benefit is not having mana reservation which helps a ton with effective HP (Mind over matter).

Hatred is just too much mana reservation, so unless you use essence worm, I wouldn't recommend. You can consider a level 1 clarity, if you have a nice watchers eye with clarity bonuses. (mana regen rate or damage gained as mana over 4 sec are my favorite)
Hey guys, how much dmg would this build do? Im thinking about switching over to a different build because of that build having a lot of dps
"
TheLazHawk wrote:
Hey guys, how much dmg would this build do? Im thinking about switching over to a different build because of that build having a lot of dps

I mean... that obviously depends on your gear.

Glacial Cascade is a phys spell that gets converted to elemental damage. These types of build can scale very well. Specially with mods like "% of physical damage gained as extra damage of a different type".

There are plenty of high damage builds in the game. That dosen't really mean much these days. Fights like Uber Elder, require a bit more than just insta phasing bosses with ridiculous DPS. There are immunity phases with alternating targets where you need to actually run around and survive, unless you play some ridiculous tanky build like RF or T H I C C B O I S W A G.

I can pretty much insta phase every boss in the game and I have no issues doing deathless Uber Elder carry with 2 player HP. If that means anything to your " how much dmg would this build do?".
Last edited by BuDiu on Mar 30, 2018, 11:15:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info