[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

I'm dying too often lol, it's getting frustrating. There's certain bosses and units that just focus fire me down very fast and I think my gear is half decent. I don't know how to link but I have 4400hp my resists are capped and then some and yeah. Not sure what to do. :(
So I have tried the 40% phys to cold and 150% lightning golem enchant and I think that the golem enchant is much better, smoother gameplay, also the dps is pretty similar to the 40% phys to cold. Also, the phys to lightning gem is indeed strong.
"
tduong wrote:
So I have tried the 40% phys to cold and 150% lightning golem enchant and I think that the golem enchant is much better, smoother gameplay, also the dps is pretty similar to the 40% phys to cold. Also, the phys to lightning gem is indeed strong.

Isn't the lightning golem enchant basically just a 13% cast speed boost? Doesn't sound that powerful.
Last edited by Slowacki on Sep 14, 2017, 11:39:07 AM

shaper is ez all bosses too but i have big problem with uber atziri maybe more hp and mana and i can do ;)
Last edited by Patowat1994 on Sep 14, 2017, 2:32:56 PM
"
I'm dying too often lol, it's getting frustrating. There's certain bosses and units that just focus fire me down very fast and I think my gear is half decent. I don't know how to link but I have 4400hp my resists are capped and then some and yeah. Not sure what to do. :(
I added a youtube vid of me talking over a clip of me playing where you can see what I'm doing as far as positioning and stuff... but I don't think I'm doing anything groundbreaking. Others here seem to be having success with the build so it might be that the playstyle doesn't "click" with you. Make sure you keep leveling and prioritize jewels that have 7% life. Double check your pantheon powers as well.

"
Yes cast rate is super underrated with this build! It's a much more affordable option as well making it pretty attractive. Like I mentioned in the guide - Faster Casting vs Controlled Destruction vs Ele Focus vs Conc Effect are all going to be based on what your specific gear dictates. There isn't a defacto "Best In Slot" which is what I really like about this build (and this game in general) make the build your own!
Is Tukohama worth it over losing Mind Over Matter?
nvm, I'm blind
Last edited by Slowacki on Sep 15, 2017, 4:48:36 AM
Hi there!

tried this build but seems to struggle in certain places, for example breaches...my estimated survival time there is like 3 seconds. That is at lvl 70. Using 2x kikazaru and self-flag combo tho.
"
Zeros wrote:
Hi there!

tried this build but seems to struggle in certain places, for example breaches...my estimated survival time there is like 3 seconds. That is at lvl 70. Using 2x kikazaru and self-flag combo tho.

Haven't used that combo of Kikazaru, but it isn't that strong because you're giving away a lot of survivability/damage just to get rid of the micromanagement with flasks. I found it annoying at first, but now I run 3 'Immune to curses' flasks: mana, diamond and quicksilver and when mapping you are pretty much immune all the time because you just have diamond and quicksilver flask fully charged. When hitting the bosses if you can't get them down with 2 usages of Diamond you always have the mana flask with lots of charges to clear your curses.

If you're dying a lot, I'd recommend you using Essence Worm + rare ring. I used to die a lot because I was running Clarity + Hatred without essence worm and having around 400 unreserved mana. Now that I only run Hatred in the Essence Worm, I have that solid 2,5k mana pool to get MoM to work. You should probably be at or nearing 4k life at this moment, too. If you're going to use the Essence Worm you should also use the Clear Mind jewel for some damage + mana regen.

The original tree is more about damage than survivability and just relying on the totems on freezing mobs for you. I came from the FB totems build, where you spec into Scion life nodes and decided to keep those. At level 92, I'm at (almost) 5k hp, 2,5k mana and 1k ES.

As for breaches, I always place 3 totems around the 'hand' and then walk into it, it's very important to create a safe space for yourself in a breach and then just push into one side, then you get enough space to just run around and recast totems to clear the whole breach up. At that point you only need to watch out for the Breachlords.
Last edited by Slowacki on Sep 15, 2017, 7:57:42 AM
"
Slowacki wrote:
"
Zeros wrote:
Hi there!

Haven't used that combo of Kikazaru, but it isn't that strong because you're giving away a lot of survivability/damage just to get rid of the micromanagement with flasks.

As I appear to be the only Kikazaru runner here, I just have to say this is only half correct, at best. Your damage with Kikazaru/Self-Flagellation will be better than all but the best Opal Ring (and the single rare jewel) rolls. Yes, your survivability will drop some, but only about 400 life, and if you read through the rest of this thread you'll see someone having issues surviving with 4.4k life, when I'm running Kikazaru/Self-Flagellation at 4k and having no issues.

Good advice on the breaches though, clear a hole in the center and pick a single direction to walk your totems out. If that direction stops spawning mobs, cast your totems in another direction, always casting your totems ahead of you to clear a path.

As a side note, could a flask runner confirm whether flasks of warding make you immune to map mod curses? The OP of this thread says that they don't, but the original build creator says that they do, though this was a week ago so I don't know if any patches may have changed it.

"
thi3n wrote:
It functioned that way at the start of the league but it no longer removes map curses.

"
Exodus_820 wrote:
Another factor you mentioned in another reply already is that warding flasks can now remove map curses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info