[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
lourun_coria wrote:
Because Pizza's build is for Flameblast, and the most important thing in there is the Cast Speed. Divinarius does not give any Cast Speed and that's not good at all for the Flameblast needs.

Please, read what I wrote again. This time, carefully.
that's nice im the same build
"
Slowacki wrote:
"
lourun_coria wrote:
Because Pizza's build is for Flameblast, and the most important thing in there is the Cast Speed. Divinarius does not give any Cast Speed and that's not good at all for the Flameblast needs.

Ok sorry, I got it now, Im not native anyway.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
"
Slowacki wrote:
I've noticed you don't use Divinarius in the sample build. I can get it why it doesn't work well with pizza sticks, which I'm playing right now (missing cast speed). But why doesn't it fit this build?

Probably because the first dagger in the sample gear is already really good. A dagger like that would probably be listed for around 200c on poe.trade, and would sell easily. Divinarius is a good budget option for weapons, but can probably clear all content as well. I'm currently using two Divinarius and clearing T15 without problems, and the only reason I haven't been past there is just lack of playtime.
"
lourun_coria wrote:
"
Slowacki wrote:
"
lourun_coria wrote:

Ok sorry, I got it now, Im not native anyway.

No problem, man :P

"
Dromlin wrote:
"
Slowacki wrote:
I've noticed you don't use Divinarius in the sample build. I can get it why it doesn't work well with pizza sticks, which I'm playing right now (missing cast speed). But why doesn't it fit this build?

Probably because the first dagger in the sample gear is already really good. A dagger like that would probably be listed for around 200c on poe.trade, and would sell easily. Divinarius is a good budget option for weapons, but can probably clear all content as well. I'm currently using two Divinarius and clearing T15 without problems, and the only reason I haven't been past there is just lack of playtime.

It doesn't really seem that good, though. It has no spell damage modifiers at all, just crit + cast speed.

I switched to this build yesterday and my clear speed has gone up a lot, however, my survivability seemed to suffer. I switched from Cloak of Defiance to Soul Mantle and tend to be a bit late with the curses clearing with my flasks, which means I'm sometimes at really low resistances (ele weakness + another ele curse). Yesterday, got 1HKO at a map boss in tier 10+, because I got a flammability + ele weakness after my totems died. Is there any way to mitigate those curses even further?
I think the boot enchant "1-160 lightning damage if you haven't killed recently" is very good, since you don't kill and it is always on. At least this was usable before version 3.0.

At bosses without minions it works anyway.
"
Slowacki wrote:
Yesterday, got 1HKO at a map boss in tier 10+, because I got a flammability + ele weakness after my totems died. Is there any way to mitigate those curses even further?

One possibility: Use a utility curse flask the whole fight to get "Immune to curses". The "Crit chance is lucky" flask uses not much charges, together with charge effectivity it can be up for a long time - and refill in an add phase. You have get used to drink it again when it falls down.
Together with a flask effect girdle and nodes you can sqeeze out 4 uses with increased duration for an uptime up to 30 seconds - this should be enough for all map bosses without adds if the damage is ok.

Other possibility: There is a ring that reduces effectivity of curses. It's shitty on other stats.
If you wear 2, you can ignore all curses.

Third: Overcap resistances by a large margin - as done in Hardcore.
Last edited by Llyrain on Sep 5, 2017, 5:34:59 AM
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
Slowacki wrote:
Yesterday, got 1HKO at a map boss in tier 10+, because I got a flammability + ele weakness after my totems died. Is there any way to mitigate those curses even further?

One possibility: Use a utility curse flask the whole fight to get "Immune to curses". The "Crit chance is lucky" flask uses not much charges, together with charge effectivity it can be up for a long time - and refill in an add phase. You have get used to drink it again when it falls down.
Together with a flast effect gird and nodes you can sqeeze out 4 uses with increased duration for an uptime up to 30 seconds - this should be enough for all map bosses without adds if the damage is ok.

Other possibility: There is a ring that reduces effectivity of curses. It's shitty on other stats.
If you wear 2, you can ignore all curses.

Third: Overcap resistances by a large margin - as done in Hardcore.

Good idea, I only have my mana flask with Immune to curses, because of how many uses it has, however, it doesn't really grant me immunity for longer than a split of second. I'll try to reroll my Diamond flask then.

As for the 2nd option, it might have potential, when running 2 x Kikazaru + Self Flagellation, but I don't think I'll be able to cap my res when already running biscos and Soul Mantle.
"
Slowacki wrote:
It doesn't really seem that good, though. It has no spell damage modifiers at all, just crit + cast speed.

Yes, crit and cast speed, AND crit multiplier, which is the best thing you can add for a high crit build. When you're looking for the perfect amulet, it won't be cast speed or spell damage you're looking for a T1 roll on, but crit multiplier instead. Yes, having spell damage on your weapons is really good, but a mediocre roll on spell damage isn't as good as a mediocre roll on crit multiplier.

The build author even notes this in his guide: "Whether or not you use Shield and Dagger or Double Dagger will depend on your movement ability of choice.
Stats to look for: Critical Strike Chance for Spells > Critical Strike Multiplier > Spell Damage > Cast Speed > Added Damage to Spells > %Physical > %Cold > Resists > Mana > Mana Regen > Dex"

In fact, I think everyone is so hung up on Whirling Blades over Shield Charge, that wands are escaping notice. A well rolled wand can be only slightly less effective than a well rolled dagger, so keep an eye out for either. The differences being the +crit chance implicit on daggers vs spell damage implicit on wands, but a big bonus on wands is being able to roll cast speed without needing Essence of Misery.

"
Slowacki wrote:
Good idea, I only have my mana flask with Immune to curses, because of how many uses it has, however, it doesn't really grant me immunity for longer than a split of second. I'll try to reroll my Diamond flask then.

As for the 2nd option, it might have potential, when running 2 x Kikazaru + Self Flagellation, but I don't think I'll be able to cap my res when already running biscos and Soul Mantle.

If you're using flasks to heal curses, then definitely needs to be on either your diamond or silver flask. The 2x Kikazaru + Self-Flagellation is a good route as well though, and it is possible to max resistances and still use Biscos and Kaom's Roots too.
Last edited by Dromlin on Sep 5, 2017, 9:37:46 AM
"
Dromlin wrote:

Yes, crit and cast speed, AND crit multiplier, which is the best thing you can add for a high crit build. When you're looking for the perfect amulet, it won't be cast speed or spell damage you're looking for a T1 roll on, but crit multiplier instead. Yes, having spell damage on your weapons is really good, but a mediocre roll on spell damage isn't as good as a mediocre roll on crit multiplier.

The build author even notes this in his guide: "Whether or not you use Shield and Dagger or Double Dagger will depend on your movement ability of choice.
Stats to look for: Critical Strike Chance for Spells > Critical Strike Multiplier > Spell Damage > Cast Speed > Added Damage to Spells > %Physical > %Cold > Resists > Mana > Mana Regen > Dex"

In fact, I think everyone is so hung up on Whirling Blades over Shield Charge, that wands are escaping notice. A well rolled wand can be only slightly less effective than a well rolled dagger, so keep an eye out for either. The differences being the +crit chance implicit on daggers vs spell damage implicit on wands, but a big bonus on wands is being able to roll cast speed without needing Essence of Misery.

Ok then, I did try to maximize my crit chance previously, because with FB totems the multiplayer would only matter with the bosses anyway, since crits penned the ele res of mobs and just completely wrecked whole groups.

As for wands, I used to use them in the beginning, but Whirling Blades or SC are just so much better for mapping. I basically stopped using my quicksilver flask because WWing through the map is just faster (I have %attack speed on my dagger and faster attacks support though).

Truth be told, I only bought one expensive dagger with cast speed (good ones are really expensive), and went with sceptre in the offhand because they're much cheaper as you can get more-or-less the same mods on them as on dagger, but without essences.

"
Dromlin wrote:

The 2x Kikazaru + Self-Flagellation is a good route as well though, and it is possible to max resistances and still use Biscos and Kaom's Roots too.

Possible - yes. Expensive as hell - also yes :) I've managed to find the original thread on reddit of the guy who did the 1st shaper on Chinese server with this build and he's very critical towards 2 x Kikazaru. He says that using them only for the curses is basically not worth it, because of the fact that good rare rings will provide more dps than the Kikazaru - Flagellation setup. I'll probably just continue running with the curse flasks, too.
Last edited by Slowacki on Sep 5, 2017, 10:36:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info