[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Well i switched over from ele claw inquisitor and all i have to say is this build is Insane! Easy shaper kill he literally melted and i had one death to the intermission boss :(. Only draw back to the build is low hp but that might be because of my gear. Thank you to the OP. Great build!

"
Are there any map mods this build definitely cannot do? My friend playing this build gave away no regen maps, he said it's not possible for him, and I'm leveling this build atm so I was wondering about impossible mods.

Level 77 right now and i dont have any problens with any mode, i can do no regen easily. The build is pretty solid and i am having a blast playing it.
Last edited by claydbp on Sep 2, 2017, 3:00:19 PM
Can someone please let me know how viable this build is without a soul mantle?

I have a 6l incandescent heart and using hrimsorrow gloves. So my 6 link would be spell totem, glacial cascade, added fire, inc aoe/conc, faster casting and Crit strikes.

Is it worth doing without the third totem? Also would the incandescent heart 20% more elemental damage apply to the totem as well?
Last edited by Mopstah on Sep 3, 2017, 12:27:04 PM
"
Mopstah wrote:
Can someone please let me know how viable this build is without a soul mantle?

I have a 6l incandescent heart and using hrimsorrow gloves. So my 6 link would be spell totem, glacial cascade, added fire, inc aoe/conc, faster casting and Crit strikes.

Is it worth doing without the third totem? Also would the incandescent heart 20% more elemental damage apply to the totem as well?

I would say not very viable at all. You'll be doing about half the damage as the same build with a 6L Soul Mantle will be doing. The third totem is huge, but just as important is the lvl 20 Spell Totem granted from Soul Mantle, which basically turns a 6L Soul Mantle into a 7L. Also, it's best to get the GC conversion enchant on your helm, rather than using your gloves slot for a weak unique.

Yes, the elemental damage will apply to the totems, but the actual increase of damage will be very minor. I can't help but think how poorly Incandescent Heart fits this build, and I have to recommend you just sell it and use the profits towards a 6L Soul Mantle. Honestly, even a 5L Soul Mantle will be a huge increase in viability over Incandescent Heart.
Last edited by Dromlin on Sep 3, 2017, 1:29:25 PM
"
Jelczyn2137 wrote:
Are there any map mods this build definitely cannot do? My friend playing this build gave away no regen maps, he said it's not possible for him, and I'm leveling this build atm so I was wondering about impossible mods.

Original build poster on reddit here.
The one and only mod you need to avoid on this build is ele reflect. Totems die instantly after hitting mobs in ele reflect maps.
No regen maps is not hard at all. Just use a mana flask.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Jan 3, 2018, 1:50:30 PM
In the Chinese realm that launched on August 22nd, I used this build(almost identical except for shield+dagger+shield charge) to obtain realm first shaper and uber atziri kill, 52 hours and 54 hours into the league.I also carried my team's damage in early stages of unlocking the atlas.

Then my whole ladder team pushed to class rank one 100s. The build performs extremely well under the role of single target burst in party play with a solid necro support, capable of perma freezing map bosses and beyond bosses under 6-man HP and delete them in mere seconds, making full-sextant beyond shaped shore easy.

For boots and gloves enchant, I recommend "add damage if you haven't killed recently" or "regen life and mana if hit recently" on boots, and the mirror image enchant on gloves.

To those that want to play in HC or push past lvl 96 in SC, I recommend speccing out of the shadow spell crit and life+es nodes and reach for scion life nodes.I was hitting 6.6k life with 2.2k mana by lvl 98 after sacrificing around 1/4 the damage.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Sep 4, 2017, 4:24:03 AM
Thoughts on Glacial Cascade Totems vs Freezing Pulse Totems?
"
Apolloco wrote:
Thoughts on Glacial Cascade Totems vs Freezing Pulse Totems?

For me , GC much better than FP. I tested both.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
I've noticed you don't use Divinarius in the sample build. I can get it why it doesn't work well with pizza sticks, which I'm playing right now (missing cast speed). But why doesn't it fit this build?
Last edited by Slowacki on Sep 4, 2017, 8:03:44 AM
Because Pizza's build is for Flameblast, and the most important thing in there is the Cast Speed. Divinarius does not give any Cast Speed and that's not good at all for the Flameblast needs.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info