[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

SO the conversion enchant is the best right? Cause i am also seeing increased GC damage as well. Not sure which is better
"
thi3n wrote:
"
If I could get a weapon like this http://poe.trade/search/atazatetoketer with 3 of the six variants you have in your 6 link would it be worth it? What armour would you suggest instead of the Soul Mantle?

I figured if I could pick up a weapon with any of the 3 support skills then add in Spell Totem with the 2 gems I'm missing.
No.

Soul Mantle does so much more than just give a free 7 link with spell totem. It increases the number of totems you can have by 1. You can think of going from 2 to 3 totems as a 50% MORE multiplier to your single target damage.

What if I were to go Tukohama's Fortress for the plus 1 totem instead?
Some new content out that features the build (at the beginning slightly)!

Atlas and Farming Strategy for 3.1 War for the Atlas! - YouTube Video

"
SO the conversion enchant is the best right? Cause i am also seeing increased GC damage as well. Not sure which is better
This is covered in the guide - In depth gearing section for helm:

"Glacial Cascade conversion helmet enchant is great here because we can replace Physical to Light with another Skill Gem (more on this in the Gems and Links section). Another helm enchant to look for is Increased Lightning Golem Effect. The extra attack/cast speed is great!"

"
I have answered this before but you will not have mana with Blood Magic and lose a lot of effective HP. You can try and get really GG health gear but even with the max possible HP rolls on every piece of gear you will not have better effective HP than even a mediocre Mind over Matter build. If you want to try it then go for it.
Last edited by thi3n on Dec 21, 2017, 12:49:37 PM
"
thi3n wrote:
"
I have answered this before but you will not have mana with Blood Magic and lose a lot of effective HP. You can try and get really GG health gear but even with the max possible HP rolls on every piece of gear you will not have better effective HP than even a mediocre Mind over Matter build. If you want to try it then go for it.

You're really cockblocking my ideas here.

But seriously thanks for the guide! I'm really enjoying it so far.
I'm trying to figure out how much weight I should be placing on these new Shaper weapons stats. For instance, since I don't have several Exalts, I can basically pick extra Physical Damage as Cold/Lightning *or* Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos -- now the Physical Damage As Cold for instance goes up to 40% and the Elemental Damage as Chaos goes up to 20%

My question being which is more powerful, I'm searching for at least 75% crit for spells and one of those stats, and sifting through all the various weapons available. Can't decide which will be best, and they get real expensive lol. I've got like 80~ Chaos I can spend, trying to get a decent upgrade. Anyone care to look over my gear real quick and make a suggestion?
"
Defiants wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how much weight I should be placing on these new Shaper weapons stats. For instance, since I don't have several Exalts, I can basically pick extra Physical Damage as Cold/Lightning *or* Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos -- now the Physical Damage As Cold for instance goes up to 40% and the Elemental Damage as Chaos goes up to 20%

My question being which is more powerful, I'm searching for at least 75% crit for spells and one of those stats, and sifting through all the various weapons available. Can't decide which will be best, and they get real expensive lol. I've got like 80~ Chaos I can spend, trying to get a decent upgrade. Anyone care to look over my gear real quick and make a suggestion?

The easiest answer is just to import yourself into path of building and play around with it. The more physical as extra elemental you have, the better elemental as extra chaos gets in comparison.

If you have to pick one, 40% phys to ele is probably better, but they're close enough that you might just want to go with whatever is cheaper.

We can ballpark it for you though. Lets assume Atziri is your only ele -> chaos, and figure out how much phys -> ele you would need to make 20% chaos convert better than 40% ele convert. Lets also assume you're DPS benchmarking against shaper/guardians (25% chaos res, essentially no ele res 'cause inquis):

0.2*(1-.25)/(1 + .15) = 0.4/(1 + x)

left side is chaos, right side is elemental, x is your total phys to ele conversion amount. Solve for x, we get x = 2.07 or a total of 207% phys to ele.

That's a pretty high amount, you have 134% if I count correctly, making phys -> ele at 40% likely quite a bit better for you than ele -> chaos at 20%.

Keep in mind this is a ballpark calculation, and path of building will give you a more complete picture. Things like +ele to spells on abyss jewels and such could skew the result a little (towards ele -> chaos).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Dec 22, 2017, 4:43:46 AM
I've been tinkering with my skill tree (to try to get more than ~4k life, but that's probably more of a gear problem anyway) and I'm wondering why sanctity is a worthwhile node. I'm not sure what it gives that the build wants.
Hey dude. I used the build to start abyss league again, and I will share some of the things I learned for the build from this league.

Downed shaper and uber atziri on Day3, been farming mostly T16 and shaper in Week 1 after I reached 150+ on atlas. Right now this character is just my boss killer swap for my MF Windripper raider. Here's my gear:

+2x Glacial Cascade new threshold jewel + 2x old crit multi+%phys/spell damage jewels.

Here are the things to mention, in order or importance:

1.The new threshold jewel Long Winter is amazing and a must-have (edit:for mapping). Two of them together is literally better than 2 extra gem links: They free up physical to lightning for faster casting/ele focus and extends the range of the spell by a whopping 80%, which Makes general mapping with Conc effect viable.

2.Getting "gain physical damage as X elemental damage" on weapon is absolutely necessary. Those shaper weapon mods makes Glacial cascade the highest damage spell in the current game. On the other hand, only use gain elemental as chaos damage if you want to go for the double dipping conversion route, which involves cold to fire gem or pyre. But I think it's unnecessary. These mods scales incredibly well with gem level. So 21/20 gem becomes a top priority for endgame upgrade.

3.Don't go for added damage to spells on abyss jewels, even if they are physical. GC has low damage effectiveness and old crit multiplier jewels are way stronger.

4.For new 6link setup just look at the chest I linked. If your tooltip haven't reach 100k a totem you should probably drop elemental focus for the freezes n' shatter.

5.Hatred is not a must have anymore since any sources of "Gained physical damage as X elemental damage" are addtive with others. We can have as much as 100% on a weapon and 20% on amulets, which makes the 36% from hatred very inefficient because of diminishing returns. When mapping, leave entire mana pool unresevered for MoM or use haste/arctic armor/temp chains curse aura instead. For the same reason, we wont need to get any cast speed on jewels anymore since we will be using faster casting at all times now.Just aim for crit multi.

Right now in combat(attacked recently and have casted orb of storm recently) with atziri flask+silver flask, without any vaal auras and party buffs, my tooltip is 380k. Insta kills 99% of the current content. TBH at first the elder fight looked pointless to me because I immediately passed phase one and the only phase I experienced was the add phase.

To thi3n: to make sure this gets noticed, you can quote this and put it on your changelog for 3.1 in the build.

Last edited by Exodus_820 on Dec 22, 2017, 11:02:26 PM
"
You're really cockblocking my ideas here.

But seriously thanks for the guide! I'm really enjoying it so far.
I don't want to discourage you from trying to make the build your own. If you want to work in Tuko then give it a shot and report back! For science!

"

These new shaper weapon stats are absolutely insane. They are far and away the best possible thing to get on weapons. The first source of Gain X as Y is like a MORE multiplier to your damage.

"
I've been tinkering with my skill tree (to try to get more than ~4k life, but that's probably more of a gear problem anyway) and I'm wondering why sanctity is a worthwhile node. I'm not sure what it gives that the build wants.
I need the str for Kaoms Roots so I grab Sanctity and Light of Divinity most of the time. Flat life on your gear will mean a lot especially if you have %life on your tree. Take a "bad" piece of gear and replace it with flat life to see how much it's really adding after all your %life from your tree.
Exodus! I might try and make a MF Windripper character next actually! Do you recommend your build for that (took a peek at your profile)

"
1.The new threshold jewel Long Winter is amazing and a must-have. Two of them together is literally better than 2 extra gem links: They free up physical to lightning for faster casting/ele focus and extends the range of the spell by a whopping 80%, which Makes general mapping with Conc effect viable.
The extra range is nice indeed. I used a double jewel setup for an entire day of mapping. It was nice but not necessary. I ended up buying a conversion helm enchant. I don't want to tell people the threshold jewel is a MUST HAVE because it's not. We both killed shaper easily before the threshold jewel existed. I like letting people make the build their own and change things as they please and these threshold jewels are not 100% necessary.

"
2.Getting "gain physical damage as X elemental damage" on weapon is absolutely necessary. Those shaper weapon mods makes Glacial cascade the highest damage spell in the current game. On the other hand, only use gain elemental as chaos damage if you want to go for the double dipping conversion route, which involves cold to fire gem or pyre. But I think it's unnecessary. These mods scales incredibly well with gem level. So 21/20 gem becomes a top priority for endgame upgrade.
I 100% agree with this. The new "free hatreds" are absolutely sick, I am actually using double dagger to stack as many of these mods as possible. The guide was updated immediately when I saw these mods and the shaper mods are listed as the top priority for weapons already. I just updated the guide to actually put this for amulets as well.

"
3.Don't go for added damage to spells on abyss jewels, even if they are physical. GC has low damage effectiveness and old crit multiplier jewels are way stronger.
For you and me the multi jewels are better for sure. For people that aren't min/maxed yet or don't have optimal gear should take a look at abyss jewels. If they are choosing between a regular jewel with maybe 5 life and 8 multi or an abyss jewel with 50 flat life, double flat damage, 4% phys as extra fire... then using the abyss jewel will be better. Like most things build related it's going to be individual on their gear and setup.

"
4.For new 6link setup just look at the chest I linked. If your tooltip haven't reach 100k a totem you should probably drop elemental focus for the freezes n' shatter.
I actually map with both inc AoE AND conc at the moment and it works great. The guide mentions that the gem setup will be individual for each person. I think we're both at the endgame portion of our builds but while people are leveling and gearing up I don't recommend going ele focus since most people will want the freeze. I really love faster casting in my setup also. It's so huge and a nice quality of life.

"
5.Hatred is not a must have anymore since any sources of "Gained physical damage as X elemental damage" are addtive with others. We can have as much as 100% on a weapon and 20% on amulets, which makes the 36% from hatred very inefficient because of diminishing returns. When mapping, leave entire mana pool unresevered for MoM or use haste/arctic armor/temp chains curse aura instead. For the same reason, we wont need to get any cast speed on jewels anymore since we will be using faster casting at all times now.Just aim for crit multi.
I'm actually running no Hatred right now also (since I'm going double dagger and biscos/double ventors I want all my mana unreserved for EHP). You're correct that these Gain X as Y are additive with each other but hatred is still very strong if you don't have multiple sources of Shaper mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info