[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

What about new ascendancy - 4 totems from latest 5 totems? some video mby? and stat stick nerf?
"
sK1LL3Rko wrote:
What about new ascendancy - 4 totems from latest 5 totems? some video mby? and stat stick nerf?

Can't give you a video but can tell you from playing the build to uber elder this leage: everything is fine!

Yes the build got hit by 2 nerfs, totem and stat sticks, but it doesn't really matter. Totem play style is still safe, the build is still cheap. The damage might be lower, but it's still enough, thanks to the new crafting options available.

I was very happy to chose this as my league starter. Thanks again, thi3n!
Regarding a double Hated Watcher's Eye which two aura buffs would you be looking for? I'm thinking % Phys to Cold + % Cold Damage or % Phys to Cold + % Cold Pen. Just wanted to get your thoughts, thanks!
Last edited by ImCliff on Feb 2, 2019, 9:03:32 AM
"
ImCliff wrote:
Regarding a double Hated Watcher's Eye which two aura buffs would you be looking for? I'm thinking % Phys to Cold + % Cold Damage or % Phys to Cold + % Cold Pen. Just wanted to get your thoughts, thanks!

Good question here, I was just starting to look for my Watchers Eye. I was also thinking about adding clarity (even with small reserved amount) for the added Watchers Eye options, some of them are super nice.

My question: The Long Winter Jewel...the part about hitting twice. Does that stack? In other words, if you can find the conversion elsewhere, is it still worth it to keep 2 of these for that double hits? From the description it seems huge.

Still playing this build since day 1 of league and loving it now that I made it over the 1-shot death hump.

I'm just getting started with the build, but I am a fan of Path of Building so I took your 'current' PoB and updated it with the leveling trees.

Hopefully something others will find useful.

https://pastebin.com/LdRkGHDp
"

"
Can't give you a video but can tell you from playing the build to uber elder this leage: everything is fine!

Yes the build got hit by 2 nerfs, totem and stat sticks, but it doesn't really matter. Totem play style is still safe, the build is still cheap. The damage might be lower, but it's still enough, thanks to the new crafting options available.

I was very happy to chose this as my league starter. Thanks again, thi3n!
I haven't played Hierophant this league but it looks like the build is still alive and kicking. I think overall the experience of having frontloaded damage is a buff (in theory) during hectic fights where totem uptime is not perfect. Throughout this thread people are having success with the build and have taken it further than I have myself!

"
In all my times of playing the build I don't think I've ever used a watchers eye. I typically use this as a budget league starter and rarely "deck the character out" like some people in this thread. I would guess Cold Pen and Base Crit are the "best" in terms of damage in PoB but I would test it out for yourself with that setup. These types of super endgame min-maxing of shaper DPS questions will involve using a calculator like PoB essentially is for the game.

"
My question: The Long Winter Jewel...the part about hitting twice. Does that stack? In other words, if you can find the conversion elsewhere, is it still worth it to keep 2 of these for that double hits? From the description it seems huge.
Extra burst is extra length on the ability - not it casting twice (like spell echo or something) the length is added to the end and because Glacial Cascade is like a cone - the extra "burst" is actually quite a bit of AoE! I think the last few times I've played the build I used these jewels but they are not mandatory.

---

A theme you'll find throughout the guide is that I have a lot of different options and encourage players to find their own versions of the build. I often refrain from using the word "best" because that's really the beauty of PoE. It's a balance between Damage, Survivability, Speed, and Price so "best" is relative depending on what you're lacking and trying to improve.
Hey there, is this just recommended as a League Starter? Or, could you push it higher and higher into everything, including deep delves. Also, how does it compare to GC mines?
Hi thi3n, I just wanted to thank you a lot with this build. Currently level 96, everything is done, just walking around above t15 maps like a childplay.

I went ahead and changed your build a little bit, but basics are the same.

In betrayal, the shield craft for +1 maximum totem can change everything. I kinda used that, I used tukohama on delve league but blood magic was painful. However now, we can have that +1 totem and use soul mantleless as well.

I really hope you'll make another glacial cascade totem build with new gears in synthesis.

However here's my gear :

Starkonja gives critical + life + dexterity; sceptre+shield have massive crit, loreweave is loreweave, command of the pit is command of the pit :), decent stygan and actually elder boots with %35 increased totem damage helped me lot too.

once again, thank you so much for this build. you explained everything so smoothly that it's so easy to fork to another extent of this build.

your twitch & youtube is great btw :)
Last edited by onuraydin on Feb 20, 2019, 8:20:40 PM
I'm still FAIRLY new to PoE but want to try this build with the upcoming league. I assume for weapons I should focus on daggers? Or did you find there's a better combo of items (dagger/sword, sword/dagger)?

Thanks for the build! My first "blind" playthrough happened to get a cool totem out of the gate and loved it.
Could you go a little into detail. Why exactly was this build buffed ? The hard damage nerf doesnt outweight the buffed cast speed. Could you do the math on how the new hatred works ?

Also, when having two long winter jewels, do i have 100% conversion without the helmet enchant ? So having only the enchant can replace both jewels too ? Or do i need both to get the max conversion. Dont really understand how it adds up here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info