[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
DolphinCarpet wrote:
"
Diemian wrote:
"
DolphinCarpet wrote:
I'm ok with agreeing to disagree, but to say there aren't totem builds out there (in 3.5 that is), that are much easier to get off the ground with little hiccups and much less aggravation would be silly. I like doing all map mods, but you really don't have to walk on eggshells with anything post T15.
Don't get me wrong, I will keep working at it and there are so many tweaks and new things to try and make any build explosive, but it will require much effort and currency.
It seems everyone that played this guild rushed to use this as a starter and switched to another build before encountering the problems that I am.

That being said, has anyone been able to test out removing one Kika ring to put a Essence Worm Ring/Hatred and keep self flag?

I don't notice the debuffs with two Kika, but removing one and adding hatred would not only boost damage but boost MOM with less mana reserve.

Any people pushing this build past guardians/shaper please do post your goodies!

Do whatever you want with the build, just stop doing shit to break the build and then ask people why it isn't working well and then argue with them and do your own thing anyway. Seems like a loop and a waste of time when you could be coming up with cool new ideas to handicap yourself in game instead of posting here.

Definitely not doing anything to "break the build," I might be the most active poster this season for the build, but doesn't seem too popular for several reasons and it's hard to get any feedback or anyone post guardians/shaper giving their experience. I'll post positively or negatively based on my feedback and leveling its great, but struggles as you push end game. It just does...in comparison to MANY other builds, but that's ok, I like the challenge.

One thing in particular is confusing and I know this build can be played many different ways, but someone out there must know.
Between 2 Kika Rings, Self Flag, Curse Potting, Essence Wurm Ring etc etc, what is the best option at the end of the day? I personally love the Self Flag gem, but I could also replace that gem + 2 kika rings to get a lot of boosts.

Running ele focus for general content has you lose the big point of using this build over arc totems or whatever else: freezing.
Grats on posting a bunch in someone else's build guide.
You don't see much endgame feedback because most players don't make it to endgame.
All of those options are viable. Try them and see what you like. I have different gear sets for different things, and switch out accordingly. Most content I'm in movespeed/general gear. Uber elder and other end game bosses I use OP's soul mantle build. At the end of the day the best build is the build you have the most fun on, a shitty build you like playing will get you further and earn you more currency than playing an op meta build you don't like and end up burning out.
I just kill Uber Elder for the first time with this build.

https://imgur.com/a/w3pOa6P

This is my Pastebin

https://pastebin.com/c9d5CY50

:D
"
thanks so much for such a comprehensive build. having been playing since forever, i'm hoping this might be my first 100!

"
Hey mate,

Just wanted to drop and say I am having so much fun with this build. I have rolled characters before but have never made it past Act 3 as I would always screw up and lose interest. I am now in Act 6 and I am just loving the game.

I am a terrible player but this build is pretty foolproof so far. I had to trade for a 4 link glove to equip the glacial cascade totem support setup. Now looking to find or trade for some more 4 links so I can do the immortal call / frost bomb on damage taken. Have so much to learn but having a lot of fun doing it!

"
Awesome build, i appreciate the sharing going on. Just reached level 90 almost 91 this evening. Getting close to 200k dps per totem, using 4 totems. still on a 5 link and waiting for that huge 6 link upgrade. Cant wait for 1m dps :). Thank you Thi3n!

"
I just kill Uber Elder for the first time with this build.

Appreciate the positive feedback! Glad you're all enjoying the build this league.

"
Question: How important is the secondary skill from Long Winter Jewels for this build? I get the 20% conversion, but the other part about hitting twice is that not so important? Seems great, but I could be wrong.
The extra burst(s) are actually quite noticeable in terms on AoE because of the way the cone works. An extra "circle" of damage at the end of the skill is quite large.

"
Discussion around endgame min/maxing
I think there are plenty of ways to optimize this build and take it different directions. While this is a build that you can use to experience the entire game it is a jack of all trades and master of none. There are better bossers. There are better mappers. I would say this build is above average at both. Personally I have never done a super high-budget version of this build and love seeing some of the people showing off their Atziri Mirrors or crazy statsticks.

Also just a reminder that my PoB is simply the last time I played the build and is not going to match my recommended trees. I have played the build so many times that I actually mix things up for variety's sake.
Thanks for the awesome build: today I've managed to kill (with some struggle of course) Uber Elder for the first time!

My equipment if anyone's interested:
Spoiler

hello and sorry for some bad english

I've been playing again for months, but am a novice trying to play for guides

this is best now best guide. Nevertheless, I have many questions

I am currently lvl 84 and have problems from time to time.

I still have soul mantle 5 link

I do not know if I'm really skilled I have kept to the pastebin link of the guide. but when i read this thread, many play with essence worm ring

Excuse me for my beginner questions. but I'm looking for help

could one look over my skill and and my gear and tell me what to change new weapons skill change 6 link first get.

I do not know what to prioritize

Last edited by vital84 on Jan 4, 2019, 3:02:52 AM
Just finished the 24th challenge and want to say thank you:
Awesome build and excellent guide!

Easily let me achieve my league goal - highly recommended for other players that are not particularly skilled but want the league rewards.

Thanks mate!

P.S.: My gear

Last edited by Fleckman on Jan 4, 2019, 5:53:12 AM
Just managed to kill Uber Elder for the first time thanks to this build. Took me a few tries and some tweaks in my defenses, but finally did it. 4,6k hp and 600 es.

Now I'll try to make some currency and get this build some better items.

My gear so far:
Spoiler
Thank you for this wonderful build.

I am currently lvl 71, but I am having so much issues with it. I am practically 1 HIT from bosses. It's so depressing.

Would you mind taking a look?

Char name: PesteleGLACIAL.

Thank you.
"
psichokillah wrote:
Thank you for this wonderful build.

I am currently lvl 71, but I am having so much issues with it. I am practically 1 HIT from bosses. It's so depressing.

Would you mind taking a look?

Char name: PesteleGLACIAL.

Thank you.

You should look for better life rolls in your gear, helmet and amulet.

Also I noticed you're using hrimsorrow and 2 long winter jewels, there's no need for that, Glacial Cascade already converts 60% of physical damage to cold damage, hrimsorrow gives you 50% more and both jewels 40% combined. You can either drop hrimsorrow for a rare glove with life and resists, or drop both jewels for some other life/any other stat jewel.
Another, but expensive, option is to get a helmet with 40% convertion enchant, then you can drop both jewels and hrimsorrow

Take notes that using self flagellation gives you a huge boost on damage by stacking curses, however it makes you an easy target depending on the damage you're about to take. So make sure to cap all your elemental resists and get some good hp, and try to play safe, there's no need to facetank bosses or packs, your totems can do it for you.
Would thief's torment be a good ring for the curse reduction?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info