[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Is there any merit to taking power charge nodes and running void batterys? Or is a shaper stat stick just better? Likewise do we think the +1 totem shield mod is going to be worthwhile?

(I welcome idle speculation)
"
UncleCoord wrote:
Is there any merit to taking power charge nodes and running void batterys? Or is a shaper stat stick just better? Likewise do we think the +1 totem shield mod is going to be worthwhile?

shaper's stat stick is just better overall. you get a bunch of elemental damage and easy to scale them further with increased elemental damage as well as physical damage. Not to mention we also can use whirling blade instead of flame dash.
For the veil mod with +1 totem on shield. I doubt that can be a worthy option cause we are already running with 5 totems. With 1 extra totem, which actually worthless while mapping, I am not sure it can outweigh the damage from stat stick.
"
I am considering this build as my league starter for 3.5. This would be my first time playing totems, as well as my first time using GC, and I have a few questions.

With the recent announcement of returning league mechanics - namely Bestiary, Incursion and Delve - how well is the build performing in the various scenarios? Would I be able to have a single setup and roll with it, or do I need some changes (e.g. gem swap, weapon swap, special vaal gems,...) to get through the respective content smoothly?

I like to have some variety while playing, so I like to do lab runs once in a while. Similarly to my question before, is there a special setup necessary to make lab not the usual pain in the butt?

On top of that, how does MF gear fit into the build? What level of content could I farm with a full MF setup?

Your flask recommendations involve a mana flask and a silver flask. I don't use those flasks very often as I tend to get their effects through other means. I would like to hear your reasoning behind chosing them and maybe their benefits over other options.

Finally, just in case I get bored of the GC graphics, how easy or hard would it be to transition into another skill?

Thank you for your detailed guide, looking forward to test this next league :)
It is hard to say without seeing the patch notes. I will process the information along with everyone else as it pertains to this build. Assuming no changes to GC or Totem builds at all - the build will function fine in 3.5. The build was great when I started those leagues and is always a good choice for an all around all-content doer.

It's fine for lab running and MF'ing. Your milage will vary when it comes to how efficient or how much quant you are stacking based on a variety of factors (gear/ping/skill/playtime).

Transitioning wise - it is easy to respec characters by using Orbs of Regret. Depending on how experienced you are in generating currency in leagues you may find it difficult to do this.

"
Those new veiled mods have extra max totems, looks nice for this build
This is super exciting and will be a very noteworthy addition to the guide. The +1 totem to shield mod may make it a competitive choice between dual wielding stat sticks (which is the current best option in my opinion).

"
Yeah, I consider Pseudo-Instant Mana Flask mandatory for this build.

I switch it out for Mapping when it's not very rippy but for Bosses it's not an option, we have to use it.
I post gear samples from all my previous leagues and I think I have an instant mana flask in almost every setup - I like it as well!

"
any1 tried using indigon with this build? As the very high mana cost of totem, we can get a bunch of spell damage (potentially >300% increased spell damage from it).
and can s1 with a proper build upload their pob. thi3n's pob is not update with the final end game one.
I haven't done this but I do like it when people make the build their own and experiment with different item setups! There is some serious synergy and alternative gearing options that probably involve prioritizing different gear stats like mana!

"

Hiero is a great class at generating power charges and at base value Power Charges offer stats that we're interested in. I haven't gone "all-in" on Power Charges the way a double void battery build would but if you try it report back in the thread. Similar to the above idea with Indigon I think there are always ways to make the build your own and experiment with different things!

"
shaper's stat stick is just better overall. you get a bunch of elemental damage and easy to scale them further with increased elemental damage as well as physical damage. Not to mention we also can use whirling blade instead of flame dash.
For the veil mod with +1 totem on shield. I doubt that can be a worthy option cause we are already running with 5 totems. With 1 extra totem, which actually worthless while mapping, I am not sure it can outweigh the damage from stat stick.
At some point the stat sticks start to have diminishing returns. If you have SO MANY damage gained as extras (hatred, quadruple stat stick, maybe a watchers eye mod, etc.) then an extra totem might be on the table for "better" damage. A reminder that most things in PoE are not one-size-fits-all and damage isn't everything. I have gotten to a point with this build where I try different setups just for the sake of trying different setups.
Just wanted to thank you again for providing this guide, I've used it twice, and am thinking of using it again for 3.5 stuck between this and the "OneShotKill Elemental Hit Totem Hiero" but I sort of want to go with something I know will carry me through the beginning of the league without any issues.
Hey thi3n, thanks for the guide and also updating it going further into betrayal! My friend is starting with poe this league again, and I recommended him your build since I had great success 2 leagues ago with this ;)

Would you recommend an Elder chest with a + %crit to socketed spells better than a soulmantle? Just curious when it comes to super endgame dps

Keep up the good work!
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
So with the new totem support gem that grants 2 extra totems would that make Inquisitor better than Hierophant?
Hiero will go from 5 to 7 totems. Assuming a 20 less damage on the support gem. Instead of 500% damage Hiero would get 700*0.8 = 560. That is 12% more damage.
Inquisitor will go from 300% to (500%*0,8) and get 400%, which is 33% more.

One could also consider going Assassin.
New totem support gem IS SO FREAKING GOOD. POG
I think this gem its overrated now. Remember you lost another dps gem to także this one.
you lose a suport gems but you win 2 totem and you spawn 2 totem at same time
Thanks thi3n for the build!
Managed to kill uber elder as well as uber atziri for the first time since i started playing. Used the build as well to get 36/40 which could have been 40/40 with more luck in the mines & more effort from my side for the end game grind.

Using Frigid Fossil & Pristine Fossil I managed to craft a nice helm, which could be mentioned in the description of the guide as well as it was quite cheap & easy. To use Clear Mind and Clarity at the same time I linked it with Blood Magic Support.

Gear I used:

Thanks and good luck for Betrayal!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info