[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
greatdien wrote:
"
RushBone wrote:
"
greatdien wrote:
Hey the build is really fun,thought its a bit wanky at first if not used to totem but its really fun if you got used to it(at least for me lol),thanks man.
Btw is there an effect if GC convert to cold is more then 100%?(using 2 winter jewel for now cz essence worm so expensive lol)im thinking about buying hrimsorrow if there an effect.(edit:nvm the res is a bit bad in that glove)

no, over 100 is 100.

but 4 passives only for 2 longwinters is bad idea, hrimsorrow wins anyway, equip it and reassign the passives or get 2 good jewels like watcher's with hatred mod + 30critmulti&life

Hey thanks for the reply man,i do plan to change to use just 1 winter jewel+essence of worm until i get helm enchant or phsy to cold mod,but for now i still do 2 winter at least its fine at my lvl(still 70 and not even map yet,im pretty slow lol).

as u wish, but the only downside of hrimsorrow is lack of life mod and little resists, life is not that important on softcore before you will start doing guardians, resists can be capped easily even while wearing hrimsorrow.
what you are doing is wasting whole 4 passive points in the tree which would otherwise be for example 20% increased life or 10%-15% more dps.
Last edited by RushBone on Aug 10, 2018, 6:45:55 AM
Do you guys have any initial thoughts on this build and the Delve mechanic? I think I'll stick with this build to farm at the beginning and maybe try ngamahu cyclone or something for delving. My worry is that GC totems wont kill the mobs close enough to the cart for auto looting. but maybe that's not an issue
Can we get a map (t16) clear video? thanks
Also, how do you think this will do with the Delve dungeon?
Last edited by TGGarrett on Aug 12, 2018, 8:40:39 PM
Hi, I started this build a few days ago and I can say is the most fun build I've played with totems so far.

Im going Hiero and was wondering if its worth to get the jewel slot up-left from Shadow start area and put there an Intuitive Leap Jewel and spend 2 skill points: one in Melding Node and the other on Dreamer node. The jewel droped while I was leveling a day ago and I started to wonder if it is worth to use it in this build.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for the excelent build and excelent guide.

"
Hi, I started this build a few days ago and I can say is the most fun build I've played with totems so far.

Im going Hiero and was wondering if its worth to get the jewel slot up-left from Shadow start area and put there an Intuitive Leap Jewel and spend 2 skill points: one in Melding Node and the other on Dreamer node. The jewel droped while I was leveling a day ago and I started to wonder if it is worth to use it in this build.

If you’re just getting melding and dreamer than it’s not worth it, you’re using a jewel +2 skill points for 25%mana+6 life and 10% ES vs a jewel and 2 skill points. You can technically put the skill points anywhere but let’s say you need the mana, there are plenty of 2 skill point mana nodes than can net you 21-28% and a jewel around the price of intuitive leap can be 2 damage stats and 7% life. So it’s like 10% ES vs 2-3 damage stat on a jewel; looks straightforward to me.
"
"

If you’re just getting melding and dreamer than it’s not worth it, you’re using a jewel +2 skill points for 25%mana+6 life and 10% ES vs a jewel and 2 skill points. You can technically put the skill points anywhere but let’s say you need the mana, there are plenty of 2 skill point mana nodes than can net you 21-28% and a jewel around the price of intuitive leap can be 2 damage stats and 7% life. So it’s like 10% ES vs 2-3 damage stat on a jewel; looks straightforward to me.

Thanks for the answer. It seems I misscalculated or something, hehe.

Changing the topic, I got a Watcher's with 37% phys to cold damage and was planing to throw away the hrimsorrow gloves for something else with 4 slots.

Any unique suggested? I saw tombfist but I wanted a 4L instead a 3L+1abyss.

Last edited by Bollacha on Aug 14, 2018, 5:59:19 PM
"
Bollacha wrote:

Surgebinder works because of the conviction of per charges. Before I took my character apart in incursion, I had the shield slam setup in a 4-link rare that had socketed faster attacks for pseudo 5L.

Another option which I still might go for in the end of flashback is the same as above but put my Arcane surge / Frost bomb in there with the socketed faster casting for a pseudo 6L. But that's without Kaoms so I've got more options.
"
Bollacha wrote:
"
"

Thanks for the answer. It seems I misscalculated or something, hehe.

Changing the topic, I got a Watcher's with 37% phys to cold damage and was planing to throw away the hrimsorrow gloves for something else with 4 slots.

A conversion mod on Watcher's Eye is crap for GC (while it is good for any other builds that can use it) because specially for Glacial Cascade exists a helmet enchant for exactly 40% conversion that is initially missing.
All other helmet enchants for GC provide only a very little dps increase, other things we use do not noticeably profit from some helmet enchant - so GC 40% conversion is THE helmet enchant in this build.

There is always some helmet with 40% GC conversion available to buy, I could find one per day even at the end of July in HC when the trade there was essentially dead. Even if it's not the perfect helmet, it is really important to get it and balance the resists and then get rid of Hrimsorrow or Long Winters, this nets like 100-150 HP on gear and results mostly in like 300-400 HP for character.

Watcher's Eye jewel count is limited to 1 and every mod on it must be useful.

Strongest Watcher's Eye Hatred mod is Critical Strike Chance.
Two other less stronger but still good Hatred mods are increased cold damage and cold penetration, must be checked with PoB in each own case which one is better.
Any other Hatred stuff is just wasted mod/watchers/socket.

A good Watcher's for this build will have 1-2 Hatred mods from above (and 1 Clarity mod as it is almost for free, just need to run Clarity lvl1 to activate it).
Last edited by RushBone on Aug 16, 2018, 2:38:29 PM
"
TGGarrett wrote:

I made a video of a T15 Reef I did on flashback. I was telling a friend who obsesses over FOTM builds that GC totems still holds up, and he disagreed.

So... I told him I could do pretty much everything with a 5L soul mantle, and mostly starter gear, super lazy style - double kikazaru and without even gem swaps. Tree is similar to Thi3n, but i take Scion life and those totem nodes instead of Shadow crit and life/es. Still using hrimsorrow and self flag and no other gems. The only good items I have are my daggers, and even those are not exactly double modded. Not a single level 20 gem yet. Here is my POB:
https://pastebin.com/E7eDCqZy
And here is the t15 reef, i didn't include the boss but I will admit he killed me once (i didnt gem swap to conc/ele focus but I dont really recommend that). It was a tough boss with mods though.
https://youtu.be/yLBg_kd3uz8

Add in 6l Soul Mantle, 20/20 gems (or better), and a better conversion method (helm enchant or watcher's eye) and im crushing t16 maps. But even in starter mode you can see its still pretty good.

EDIT:
Also tried a yellow elder with the same build as above, but with dual wield Princess to show the build can REALLY do stuff at low budget, as long as you have 5L Soul Mantle. Still no level 20 gems either:
https://youtu.be/KjBjMeegPlA
Last edited by Perce79 on Aug 18, 2018, 11:15:29 PM
"
Perce79 wrote:
"
TGGarrett wrote:

I made a video of a T15 Reef I did on flashback. I was telling a friend who obsesses over FOTM builds that GC totems still holds up, and he disagreed.
https://youtu.be/yLBg_kd3uz8

Thank you! I played this build back when it was originally made, I am just having a hard time remembering how it was with clear speed and vaguely remember something like dropping totems and moving on hoping they clean up the trash.

Seems like this build may be good for delve

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info