[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

I switched from a double dagger setup to a scepter + shield + perma-onslaught (2 Fragility jewels) setup this weekend .

My DPS is a slightly lower (about 4k tooltip) without flasks, and it opens up a flask slot (looking at Taste of Hate... DPS will be higher than my double daggers) and I get 20% extra move/cast/attack speed. So far, I'm really liking it.
"
About Scepters-
They can be competitive with daggers but the extra crit chance from the implicit of the dagger is going to be very hard to overcome. Plug it into Path of Building or any offline tool to see what it does to your DPS. If your options are between a very poorly rolled dagger or an extremely godly scepter then the scepter will most likely win out. Outside from the obvious comparable stats (Crit Chance, Multi, Cast Speed, Spell Damage) another stat to be mindful of is the attack speed. Your movement skill of choice will scale off of attack speed. If you're at a point where damage is not a problem at all but mobility is... consider items like Brightbeak!
Last edited by thi3n on Sep 26, 2017, 6:21:14 PM
Hi,

What is considered to be a good crit chance, as displayed in the character screen.
Yesterday, I made a second attempt at beating Uber Atziri and for the first time I succeeded! Died once on the Vaal Oversouls, because I'm not too experienced with the fight and got nuked by the lightning balls while running around too close to the second oversoul.

I used the usual gem setup with IAoE switched for Concentrated Effect, kept the Faster Casting, because I do feel like totems die too easily from the flameblasts and it's better for a totem to attack twice dealing slightly less damage each time then to attack only once.

Also used the Vaal Lightning Trap in the split phase, to make sure she's shocked. It helps a lot!

Shaper killed me instantly because lack of Movespeed, im to slow .... DPS is always not good any suggestions / help .. Thanks
Last edited by Fellfrosch09 on Sep 28, 2017, 10:59:11 AM
You should be using whirling blades to escape the slam, it's pretty easy to move away in time with it. Other than that, you should have no problem vs Shaper with that gear. Of course the fight is a bit risky and I usually die once or twice, because I'm not really experienced with dodging his skills (usually at the bullet hell + snowballs phase), but I've attempted it with a way worse gear and succeeded in like 3 portals.
"
Hi,

What is considered to be a good crit chance, as displayed in the character screen.
I had about 37% sitting in town. Diamond Flask will go a long way in getting crit capped.

"
Shaper killed me instantly because lack of Movespeed, im to slow .... DPS is always not good any suggestions / help .. Thanks
Your gear is fine - maybe other than your belt. If you're panic spamming flasks then try getting Reduced Flask Charges Used. You could save quicksilver for sticky situations but get used to using shield charge/whirling blades for avoiding abilities!
"

It's probably more getting used to when to move then your move speed. As mentioned, WB/SC should be plenty to get out of the way. I know my first 2 Shaper attempts ended up in failure (stage 2 and stage 3) because I was flask spamming and stressing out. 3rd attempt was much cleaner, and my 4th was deathless (actually survived a full bullet phase with Zana down... still no idea how I managed that).
I have been leveling a Dark Pact Totem Scion that might even be stronger than this one! I'll keep you guys posted!
Could i turn this into a MF character and it still be alright?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info