[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

--deleted--
Last edited by agm_ultimatex on Nov 19, 2017, 9:53:50 AM
"[ALL Content in the Game!]" is lie if you can't do Hall of Grandmasters.
Havent tried HoGM with this build but... I think that there are many other builds tagged as "ALL CONTENT" that cannot do HoGM either :)
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Just did Shaper without deads at first try with this build
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
"
Item Stat Priority

Weapon: Spell Crit > Crit Multi > %Spell Damage > Cast Speed > +Spell Damage > %Phys > %Cold > Resists > Mana > Mana Regen > Dex

Just so you know: %Phys on Weapon doesnt do anything for spells. It scales the weapon damage for attacks.
Thoughts on the new patches?

Pretty sure this build remains viable, shaper etc can now be frozen. MoM nerfs aren't ideal, but overall looks like a positive change for this build as no GC nerf, especially with that new conversion jewel.
I want to play this for league starter, is there anything that needs to be changed when following this
Build or just the new jewels added in?
"
"[ALL Content in the Game!]" is lie if you can't do Hall of Grandmasters.
I'm a phoney and the title is total clickbait.

"
Just did Shaper without deads at first try with this build
Congrats!

"
Just so you know: %Phys on Weapon doesnt do anything for spells. It scales the weapon damage for attacks.
Corrected in the quick reference - this is correct. %Phys on everywhere BUT weapons is nice - but on weapons it's only local (not global).

"
Thoughts on the new patches?

Pretty sure this build remains viable, shaper etc can now be frozen. MoM nerfs aren't ideal, but overall looks like a positive change for this build as no GC nerf, especially with that new conversion jewel.
I haven't decided if the new jewels are mandatory. It's actually going to be a decision. If you are unable to get the helm enchant (or don't want to run Phys-to-Light) support these jewels will be an option to convert all of your glacial cascade damage.

The fact that it isn't clear cut means it's good game design IMO. Do I want to lose 14% life and Multi/CastSpeed for the conversion and extra pulse? It's not clear to me yet - I'll have to play with it to see what I like more.

"
I want to play this for league starter, is there anything that needs to be changed when following this
Build or just the new jewels added in?
The build will still function in 3.1 - like I mention above I'm not sure if the jewels are absolutely mandatory yet - I'll probably use this build as my league starter and you can catch my progress and experimentation on stream. I'll also come back and update the guide with my findings as well.
Last edited by thi3n on Dec 6, 2017, 2:31:06 PM
hey , i really like this build though i only reached lvl 50~ cuz i started playin close to the end of season...
anyway , i wanted to ask if u could add a section where u list the specific level of skills u don't want to lvl to 20 , i always find that confusing as a new player
"
hey , i really like this build though i only reached lvl 50~ cuz i started playin close to the end of season... anyway , i wanted to ask if u could add a section where u list the specific level of skills u don't want to lvl to 20 , i always find that confusing as a new player
This was something I struggled with as a new player also until I took the time to read the gems. There are two main gems that have requirements that aren't always met.
  • Cast When Damage Taken. Simple. This gem will cast linked gems when you take damage. What does leveling up the gem do? It increases the threshold of damage you need to take to cast the ability (this is a negative) but also allows you to use higher level gems which are more potent (this is a positive). My specific setup is Cast When Damage Taken Level 1, Enfeeble level 5, Increased Duration level 20. For your build you may want the highest rank Enfeeble or also have it recast your lightning golem for you. So you could easily have something like Cast When Damage Taken Level 20, Enfeeble Level 20, Lightning Golem Level 20, Increased Duration Level 20. This is why it is not listed in the guide – it is individual.
  • Arcane Surge. Again, reading the gem does wonders here. You only get the buff of Arcane Surge if you spend the mana required to get the buff. Leveling up Arcane Surge will increase the potency of the buff but also increase the mana threshold needed to receive the buff. A level 10 Arcane Surge for example requires you to spend 64 mana in order to get the buff. A level 20 Orb of storms linked to Increased Duration or Area or CritChance will cost around that. Look at the skill in your bar to see what it is after your increases/reductions. You may have passives or pieces of gear that effect the mana cost of your abilities so the value listed on the gem itself may not be accurate.

TL;DR – read about the skill gem and understand why you might want to level it or not. My setup: CWDT(lvl1), Enfeeble(lvl5), and ArcaneSurge(lvl10), everything else level 20

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info