[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

How to deal with losing block rate given by advancing fortress in favor of scourge?
"
Nikaz wrote:
How to deal with losing block rate given by advancing fortress in favor of scourge?

block chance on shield, can get spell block conv on a shaped amulet. also 9% bone offering block chance lab enchant.

Pretty well flying with this build now, 5th uber down and got lucky!
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick

just resummon him, he will still have his items
[/quote]

:-) now i feel dumb. Questions to anyone. Do they prefer clearing maps with Buring specs or SG
"
Nikaz wrote:
Rumi's flasks. Last league I carried two of them, so I could stay at max block for a long time.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"

:-) now i feel dumb. Questions to anyone. Do they prefer clearing maps with Buring specs or SG

Last league, burning. This league, SG wins handsdown. Okay burning + flame golems may be somewhat relevant but the cost is so high.

"
Nikaz wrote:

Rumi or just stack block abyssal jewels. 8 of them mean 16% block chance on hit. You can still stack 3 other juicy mods too.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Dec 21, 2017, 2:51:34 AM
"

I constantly forget on bosses to change SG's gems, so it's annoying me.
My choice so far has remained TV + golems.
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Last edited by Besovskii on Dec 21, 2017, 3:10:29 AM
"
Besovskii wrote:
"

I constantly forget on bosses to change SG's gems, so it's annoying me.
My choice so far has remained TV + golems.
Eventually I stopped bothering. I figure it takes about the same time to wait for SGs to burn down the boss using GMP as it does for me to stop before the arena, open my inventory, swap gems, etc.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Can anyone please check out my witchfonar in asc?

I feel like I am really missing on something.
Currently I am using solar guards and not using animated guardian.
I feel like I messed up with support skills.

Also I might need revoke some skills on passive tree but I don't feel any confident as this is basically my first real character that got into maps.

Thanks guys <3
Last edited by FonaR007 on Dec 21, 2017, 3:55:32 AM
"
FonaR007 wrote:
Can anyone please check out my witchfonar in asc?

I feel like I am really missing on something.
Currently I am using solar guards and not using animated guardian.
I feel like I messed up with support skills.

Also I might need revoke some skills on passive tree but I don't feel any confident as this is basically my first real character that got into maps.

Thanks guys <3

You are missing the fact that your spectres in awful 4-link (solar guards don't benefit from burning damage by the way, so change red socket to fire penetration, or even better - recolor it... or who am i kidding, 4 link is worthless, so just at least 5 link it), when your awesome 7-link helmet is filled with animate guardian and zombies, who don't even that good.
Why do you need AG anyway, if you use solar guards? Also, empower level 1 is absolutely useless, and even hurtfull cause mana multi. Level it in alternate gear in switch hand.

Also, that helmet is good for TV+WM, but bad with solar guards, they need concentrated effect instead of burning damage.

Also, your shield suck really hard. Why even use elder's rare shield if you don't use any relevant rolls on it. Right now it's worse for you than any random 1 alch shield at market.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 21, 2017, 4:26:36 AM
"
2letterz wrote:
Just trying out the version with 3 flame golems.
One question: A bone helmet with implicit 40% minion dmg should be the same like minion dmg from elder helmet or ? Maybe even better, cause it gives also spectres 40%dmg. (it also gives +1 minion gems)

No, cause it's "increase minion damage", elder helmet gives "supported by minion damage gem" which is MORE multiplicative and will win hands down (not even mentioning that it also gives about 20% increase too as a bonus).

I guess you don't know what the difference between "increase" and "more", so i will explain. For example, you have base 100 damage, and have gear with 30% increase, 20% increase, 15% increase, and 10% more and 5% more.
Then your damage will be after application of increase 100*(1+0.3+0.2+0.15)=165, which means that increase is additive modificator. The more you have those, the less important every next one.
And damage after "more" modificator applied 165*1.1*1.05=190,5. It is multiplicative modificator.

Also, bone helmet don't give +1 minion gems, it can roll that affix, yes, but so can elder helmet. So it's irrelevant whether it bone helmet, or elder helmet.

Also, +1 minion gems good for golems/zombies/skeletons whatever.... but spectres are the only ones who absolutely don't benefit from it, so scrap it
Last edited by Med1umentor on Dec 21, 2017, 4:37:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info