[3.6] Vieira's Magma Orb Miner (Guardians,Shaper,Uber and uber elder viable)

hey thanks for the nice build!

As I dont have the money for a Kaoms yet, I decided to change some minor stuff and it works pretty well. May you want to add it as an alternative to kaoms

Since no kaoms heart opens up a 5link armour with high life/mana/res, I decided to put Orb of Storm + Inc Crit + Arcane Surge + Curse on Hit + Proj. Weakness inside it. So I dont need Blasphemy + Proj Weakness, which opens up the use of https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Clear_Mind. This gives 60% spelldamage and 30% mana reg, which is huge!

Furthermore I skipped the life/mana wheel between witch and shadow and skilled into acrobatics instead. I feel like this improved my survivabilty alot - more than 15% Life from the wheel. I m not sure if its worth taking phase acrobatics.

I also like to use detonate mines in my CWDT setup.

greetz
Last edited by Norec on Sep 1, 2017, 6:15:39 AM
I opted out Smoke Mine - Increased Duration for Flame Golem with Culling Strike support. Other option would be CWDT - Detonate Mines. Didn't like to cast Smoke Mine every ~10sec.
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Sep 1, 2017, 11:16:17 AM
"
I opted out Smoke Mine - Increased Duration for Flame Golem with Culling Strike support. Other option would be CWDT - Detonate Mines.

check the level of CWDT and Spelltotem .
"
Priyora wrote:
"
I opted out Smoke Mine - Increased Duration for Flame Golem with Culling Strike support. Other option would be CWDT - Detonate Mines.

check the level of CWDT and Spelltotem .
I guess you refer to my old text. Doesn't matter, I didn't want to lvl CWDT to be half dead to activate its effect. I wanted a 4S setup so 2 gems could profit from 1 Detonate Mines, while Spell Totem should not influence CWDT and vice versa.
what do you think about Dying sun flask? since it adds 2 projectiles? so that's 6 projectiles per mine usage? isn't that a lot? and if so which flask should we replace?
"
Priyora wrote:
what do you think about Dying sun flask? since it adds 2 projectiles? so that's 6 projectiles per mine usage? isn't that a lot? and if so which flask should we replace?

I was thinking about it too, maybe it's better than Wise Oak? I don't really like the idea to cap resistances equally to make the best use of it.
Hello! Thanks for your guide. I've been following it the past days or so and it's been working great for me up until T14 I'd say. Now i'm struggling killing T15/T16 bosses because obviously I'm missing many things in the build. I'm a new player in PoE (that's the 2nd char I've ever played) so I'm pretty sure I did a few things wrong.

Would you mind giving me some pointers on what I should do next to improve my dps and survivability and finally tackle these bosses? Here is the link to my profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FlyinPoulpus/characters

I'm currently sitting on 320 chaos and I'm not really sure where I should spend that: right now I'm trying to eco and get a 6L sire of shards for a massive DPS boost but I'm not sure that the best way to spend (all) my money.

Thanks for your help!
Since I managed to get my hands on a 6L sire and also got the head enchant and the flask, I have to say:

this is the most eye-cancer build in existence. no CoC build, nor from the past or the present, no wormblaster, no other build comes even close.

two of my friends refuse to play with me when I play this build because their eyes physically hurt from mapping with me, they also never ever gonna touch magma orb again at no point in the game.

congratulations on that build! Looking forward to see it as Build of the week (fingers crossed). It's absolutely glorious.

P.S.: I still haven't decided whether original magma orb or MTX magma orb is worse.
Last edited by xebtria on Sep 2, 2017, 11:06:42 AM
I've been playing this build up to about T12 but i'm reluctant to invest more into it. It's so damn laggy on my pc, if i detonate more than 1 mine at a time my i drop under 30 fps. If you're thinking about playing this build you should reconsider it if you don't have a great pc. It's really fun though, maybe a little too glass cannon.
I don't have a great PC and I still can detonate many mines. Just activate dynamic resolution and target 30 fps. It's ugly but at least it's not laggy :p
Last edited by FlyinPoulpus on Sep 2, 2017, 1:38:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info