[3.2] Practical Blade Flurry - 3 million DPS - 7k Life - Immune to Shock Freeze Stun - own the Game

"
Vakarlan wrote:

One of the safest leveling setups for this build, switch to abysuss and rumi's for lion's roar for shaper uber or guardians if you feel like it, one of the most strongest build that I have played this league, reminds me of my old Terror claw CI bf assassin, RIP double dipping. Do not mind Reddit negative comments, they are just pure haters who spends 5 minutes in-between maps then complains why they are poor. Thanks for this anti reflect no VP SCION build!

nice setup, glad you like the build :)
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
"
Vakarlan wrote:

One of the safest leveling setups for this build, switch to abysuss and rumi's for lion's roar for shaper uber or guardians if you feel like it, one of the most strongest build that I have played this league, reminds me of my old Terror claw CI bf assassin, RIP double dipping. Do not mind Reddit negative comments, they are just pure haters who spends 5 minutes in-between maps then complains why they are poor. Thanks for this anti reflect no VP SCION build!

Could I happen to ask what your passive skill tree looks like or did you happen to use the ones that were already in the guide?
I'd like to try this but I'm not sure about the levelling tree route.

Seems to me that the closes part of the Scion to the tree is a 10-point investment, which presumably you regret later?

At a high-level, how do you approach this tree? Do you start working towards Trickery and Soul Raker, or do you start towards Golem's blood and Strong Arm?

Where do you leave the Scion wheel? Do you take 10 points out to Harrier and follow the dex travel past Perfect Agony and Vaal Pact?

...or something else?

ETA: Also, does it seem reasonable to level with Frost Blades for faster clearing?
Last edited by Altissimus on Sep 12, 2017, 3:57:40 AM
"
Altissimus wrote:

Seems to me that the closes part of the Scion to the tree is a 10-point investment, which presumably you regret later?

At a high-level, how do you approach this tree? Do you start working towards Trickery and Soul Raker, or do you start towards Golem's blood and Strong Arm?

Where do you leave the Scion wheel? Do you take 10 points out to Harrier and follow the dex travel past Perfect Agony and Vaal Pact?

...or something else?

ETA: Also, does it seem reasonable to level with Frost Blades for faster clearing?

For the bloodseeker version I would start rerolling the Scion with her lifewheel or the path with the resists if you dont have Goldrim. That path would be an easy way to cap your resists later, too.

Soulraker is not needed, until you have enough damage to survive everything with leeching.
In case your gear reaches that level befor your path reached Soulraker, you can get Vitality Void in the meanwhile.

This could be a lvl 95 tree that makes sense for using Kaoms Roots or low values of resists on your gear as well. It also gives one more jewel slot.

for levelling speed I recommend Sunder, maybe Frostblades yea, try it.

Last edited by Lawyne on Sep 12, 2017, 5:59:40 AM
"
Altissimus wrote:

...or something else?

Just finished leveling something pretty close in HHC, started from the life wheel and went in approximately this order: Master > Bravery > Art > Dervish > Golem's > Thick > Herbalism > HotO. At this point, if memory serves, I was about the level to slap on a Widowmaker (main-hand, used Brightbeak in off-hand all the way up until about 62) so I swung back for a little crit seeing as my survivability was starting to feel passable. After that, I beelined for SoulRaker cluster and filled it in right as I hit 62 and put on my Bloodseeker (snagging random life and a couple of jewels on the way for efficiency).

I used Frost Blades up until 28 and went straight for BF since I wanted to level with the mechanics for consistency-of-feel. I'd recommend leveling with Sunder all the way to 62/Bloodseeker, as that's what I'd do in retrospect. BF's pretty clunky before you hit a certain threshold.

Nice guide btw! Could use a little cleanup and maybe some fleshing out but the build itself is crazy strong. Feel free to ask if you want some ideas for improving the guide part of the equation, or maybe check out my guide for reference ;D https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1951094
GG GGG <3
"
Bladewing_M wrote:

Just finished leveling something pretty close in HHC, started from the life wheel and went in approximately this order: Master > Bravery > Art > Dervish > Golem's > Thick > Herbalism > HotO. At this point, if memory serves, I was about the level to slap on a Widowmaker (main-hand, used Brightbeak in off-hand all the way up until about 62) so I swung back for a little crit seeing as my survivability was starting to feel passable. After that, I beelined for SoulRaker cluster and filled it in right as I hit 62 and put on my Bloodseeker (snagging random life and a couple of jewels on the way for efficiency).

I used Frost Blades up until 28 and went straight for BF since I wanted to level with the mechanics for consistency-of-feel. I'd recommend leveling with Sunder all the way to 62/Bloodseeker, as that's what I'd do in retrospect. BF's pretty clunky before you hit a certain threshold.

Nice guide btw! Could use a little cleanup and maybe some fleshing out but the build itself is crazy strong. Feel free to ask if you want some ideas for improving the guide part of the equation, or maybe check out my guide for reference ;D https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1951094

Thanx dude, this is pretty useful I guess. Nice to see it viable on Hardcore. I wonder if a rare body armour or carcass jack wouldnt be a better choice then tho...?

the guide... you're right, it is awful! but I srsly dont have the time to make it as fancy as usual. maybe one day I am totally bored, thx anyway^^
Couple of questions/ideas (note that I'm in HHC so most of my thoughts/experiments are geared towards defensive layering):

1. What do you think of snagging Acro (and possibly Phase Acro later)? It doesn't seem like the build's armor/block values get high enough to be upset about losing a little in exchange for 30% dodge, 34% with Raider (and even potentially 38% with dodge Roots, where I'm sitting at the moment just for testing. Possibly even investing into the dodge cluster and maybe a jewel to 50%; tempting option since coil's already bossing phys mitigation so a little armor doesn't mean much).

2. I'm currently running a Topaz flask to supercharge Coil's phys mitigation and it's insane. Flask spots are pretty tight for sure, but just a thought.

3. It feels like the only things even dealing damage to me at this points are degens and elemental dmg. Stacking a little extra regen and/or using Stone G seems to take care of the former, but the latter's still annoying. I've been thinking about running Taste of Hate + Dying Sun + random Topaz (because fuck taking 50% increased damage lol, though Vinktar's could still be better) and speccing from Raider to Pathfinder for 100% flask uptime even against bosses. With Coil/Topaz making a joke of phys damage, the option to have effectively permanent +6 maxres against all elemental damage (not to mention the ToH mitigation on top of with Coil/Topas, and the DS aoe) is really appealing. Any thoughts?

Thanks! ^^
GG GGG <3
"
Bladewing_M wrote:
Couple of questions/ideas (note that I'm in HHC so most of my thoughts/experiments are geared towards defensive layering):

1. What do you think of snagging Acro (and possibly Phase Acro later)? It doesn't seem like the build's armor/block values get high enough to be upset about losing a little in exchange for 30% dodge, 34% with Raider (and even potentially 38% with dodge Roots, where I'm sitting at the moment just for testing. Possibly even investing into the dodge cluster and maybe a jewel to 50%; tempting option since coil's already bossing phys mitigation so a little armor doesn't mean much).

2. I'm currently running a Topaz flask to supercharge Coil's phys mitigation and it's insane. Flask spots are pretty tight for sure, but just a thought.

3. It feels like the only things even dealing damage to me at this points are degens and elemental dmg. Stacking a little extra regen and/or using Stone G seems to take care of the former, but the latter's still annoying. I've been thinking about running Taste of Hate + Dying Sun + random Topaz (because fuck taking 50% increased damage lol, though Vinktar's could still be better) and speccing from Raider to Pathfinder for 100% flask uptime even against bosses. With Coil/Topaz making a joke of phys damage, the option to have effectively permanent +6 maxres against all elemental damage (not to mention the ToH mitigation on top of with Coil/Topas, and the DS aoe) is really appealing. Any thoughts?

Thanks! ^^

Acro is fine ofc, and all the other ideas as well, but I dislike vinktars coz of the massive shock. thats why I thought coil on hardcore is not that good. but if you feel good with it, try your thoughts, how would the damage be with that setup?

edit: a purity could be an idea as well
Last edited by Lawyne on Sep 12, 2017, 7:37:51 AM
I'm only sitting at 77 currently so I can't be sure on high-end damage numbers just yet. That's my only concern as well, especially since I'll be investing in more life nodes than your trees (as necessitated by HC haha). The SC versions have so much damage though that sacrificing some for defense (and maybe even a little for QoL) seems theoretically okay. Obviously I won't be touching Abyssus with a ten-foot pole lol.

I dislike Vinktar's for the same reason, so I've been testing with a normal Topaz flask. Coil is actually really good on HC especially with a Topaz for the extra 6% maxres (which in turn makes a mockery of incoming phys damage). Getting res capped is a pain but I'm already there so can vouch for its do-ability. Biggest issue survival-wise is dealing with high elemental burst, upgraded Solaris pantheon helps a bit but it still feels like I'm one small puzzle piece short of trivializing all possible incoming damage sources. Once I'm slightly less broke, definitely picking up the other 2 flasks and testing the Pathfinder option; losing the Raider QoL might suck pretty hard though so it'll be interesting to see how it feels. :)
GG GGG <3
Oh! And for reference, I'm doing all of this on a 5-year-old laptop with onboard gpu that gets about 10fps on a good day. Which, I suppose, really makes me the wrong kind of masochist lol. But if I can make this work in HC under those conditions, pretty compelling case for build viability. ^^
GG GGG <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info