[3.0] Practical SAVAGE FLURRY (...the one and only...)

I'm only sitting at 77 currently so I can't be sure on high-end damage numbers just yet. That's my only concern as well, especially since I'll be investing in more life nodes than your trees (as necessitated by HC haha). The SC versions have so much damage though that sacrificing some for defense (and maybe even a little for QoL) seems theoretically okay. Obviously I won't be touching Abyssus with a ten-foot pole lol.

I dislike Vinktar's for the same reason, so I've been testing with a normal Topaz flask. Coil is actually really good on HC especially with a Topaz for the extra 6% maxres (which in turn makes a mockery of incoming phys damage). Getting res capped is a pain but I'm already there so can vouch for its do-ability. Biggest issue survival-wise is dealing with high elemental burst, upgraded Solaris pantheon helps a bit but it still feels like I'm one small puzzle piece short of trivializing all possible incoming damage sources. Once I'm slightly less broke, definitely picking up the other 2 flasks and testing the Pathfinder option; losing the Raider QoL might suck pretty hard though so it'll be interesting to see how it feels. :)
--
If GGG's true goal is to ensure that I never see the sun again... Well played.
Oh! And for reference, I'm doing all of this on a 5-year-old laptop with onboard gpu that gets about 10fps on a good day. Which, I suppose, really makes me the wrong kind of masochist lol. But if I can make this work in HC under those conditions, pretty compelling case for build viability. ^^
--
If GGG's true goal is to ensure that I never see the sun again... Well played.
haha omg, sounds crazy... :D

for testing just get a cheap ruby flask instead of Dying Sun ;)
and yea, no Abssysus on HC^^

really looking forward to your results :)
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne)
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
Last edited by Lawyne on Sep 12, 2017 8:14:35 AM
nvm
Last edited by hahahahoha on Sep 12, 2017 11:45:58 AM
Had a few challenges while levelling, mostly around the lack of mana/life regen/leech in early days.

Currently level 48, but even with twink gear I have found it necessary to pick up Spirit + Vitality void to provide enough mana/life leech for survivability and mana generation.

How do you address mana in the final (budget) build? There doesn't seem to be sufficient mana regen to allow travel with Whirling Blades through unpopulated areas (type C maps, back tracking, etc). There's some mana leech from Soul Raker, which I won't be picking up for a while yet.

"
Completed 24 ChallengesAltissimus wrote:
Had a few challenges while levelling, mostly around the lack of mana/life regen/leech in early days.

Currently level 48, but even with twink gear I have found it necessary to pick up Spirit + Vitality void to provide enough mana/life leech for survivability and mana generation.

How do you address mana in the final (budget) build? There doesn't seem to be sufficient mana regen to allow travel with Whirling Blades through unpopulated areas (type C maps, back tracking, etc). There's some mana leech from Soul Raker, which I won't be picking up for a while yet.

try to link whirling blades to bloodmagic, that resolves this issue and makes you fast like a weasel.
until you reach the Soulraker wheel you either have to use spirit void to sustain your attacks or use flasks on those early levels.
your damage with 48 is not high enough to rely on leech in the only way.
in general the life regen should be no issue if you allocated all the regen nodes (they also provide a lot of maximum life)

if you like I can have a look into your progress, just give me your pastebin for PoB or make your characters public
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne)
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
Last edited by Lawyne on Sep 13, 2017 12:15:45 PM
possible to Switch over to your build if i Change the tree and ascendancy and getting a sword + rig what else would i Need to Change ty in advance https://pastebin.com/HzHe5nEZ
"
Lawyne wrote:
try to link whirling blades to bloodmagic, that resolves this issue and makes you fast like a weasel.
until you reach the Soulraker wheel you either have to use spirit void to sustain your attacks or use flasks on those early levels.
in general the life regen should be no issue if you allocated all the regen nodes (they also provide a lot of maximum life)

if you like I can have a look into your progress, just give me your pastebin for PoB or make your characters public

I'll offer a word of advice:

Practically every attack build, and especially fast hitting attack builds should simply pick up:

for levelling between levels 30 and 65.

It's like night and day, it makes your skills free as long as you hit at least mob with it at least once and the LGOH is equivalent to a high level instant leech.
Last edited by Draqone on Sep 13, 2017 1:20:42 PM
"
Completed 36 ChallengesDraqone wrote:

I'll offer a word of advice:

Practically every attack build, and especially fast hitting attack builds should simply pick up:

for levelling between levels 30 and 65.

It's like night and day, it makes your skills free as long as you hit at least mob with it at least once and the LGOH is equivalent to a high level instant leech.

Nice ring, but I'm using these...

...which are good for resists, attributes and DPS. I guess both work :)
"
Lawyne wrote:
"
Completed 24 ChallengesAltissimus wrote:

Thanks for the offer - not too sure there's much to see at this level though. Anyway, here's the pastebin - though I thought my profile was public. https://pastebin.com/UkPJHR7d

Cheers,
A

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info