[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

"
NaBeRa wrote:
https://pastebin.com/6Sx8ddsM

this is where i am now. lvl83 atm, so missing a few nodes here and there. but i will get there, if the atlas progression does not bore me out of the game. :)

Our gear is pretty similar, though it does look like you might have better luck with gear than I do. I haven't been able to keep red maps in stock lately and I've ran out all of my alchemy orbs. hopefully my newest character will have a bit better luck than my first.
If you guys have found out about it, Dread Banner is ridiculously good; and it only reserves 10% mana
Last edited by GManSta on Jan 3, 2019, 8:36:17 PM
"
GManSta wrote:
If you guys have found out about it, Dread Banner is ridiculously good; and it only reserves 10% mana

It's nice, if the game worked how we thought it did. However... I'm sure the acc of enemies is just as strong as the armor of enemies... which is to say, shit. I used to run with it thinking it would actualltly help but I'm pretty sure it was just a broken dream
"
Dixxi wrote:
I've made a build like you recommend.
Char level is 83 now (name Dixi_Oz), gear - not corrupted but all uniques are with stats not far from maximal. Gems are 18-19 level, a few with 20% quality. No useful lab enchants.
ES 7300, using mostly only Suphur flasks since they add damage and heal to some degree.

Solo char performs not bad, but in boss fights and vs Immortal syndicate she often got one-shoted or getting hits for about 70% of ES. In late case I start to run loops in hope that a shield will regen. If regen kicks in before I got killed shield restores to full very fast.
Completed maps, solo, tier 9-10.
In Azurite mine, depth ~155 (mob level 77 ) she performs questionable. She can manage to get from node to node, but had to run circles around bigger packs of mobs, use taunting totems, and sometimes still getting killed. Seems just not enough dps. I wonder if all gems in body armor will become 20/20 will it improve dps significantly and fix this problem?

In a team, duo with freeze totems hierophant [level 90, 20/20 gems, budget gear], she performs awful, and could be considered as bad ES/life regen aurobot. :-( Because even if I manage to get to mobs 1st, mobs start to loose health due to Death aura, and before they die a freezing wave comes from pair of totems and obliterate all mobs to frozen dust. So I feel almost completely useless :-(

When solo dps looks not bad - trash mobs die when I walk near them, I can manage to kill bosses. But as soon as I team with another player my dps looks really slow. I'm not sure is it due to not 20/20 gems? Or it's limitations of Death's Oath plate and chaos damage in whole?

In whole I like this build - it's very fun, probably similar to RF Jugg, but I like Witch girl much more compared to a Marauder. But ability to kill high end bosses, Immortal syndicate and other tough challenges seems questionable to me.

you got 3 curses in your helmet but you can only apply 1 of them what does actually make you ALOT squishier, take +1 curse node on the tree and/or respec your ascendancy and you should feel quite a big difference
i saw you somewhere switching from blight to essence drain for bosses. can you please elaborate?

i am currently thinking about using this wand here:

Rarity: Rare
Grim Barb
Imbued Wand
--------
Wand
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 29-53 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 7.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.50
--------
Requirements:
Level: 64
Int: 188
--------
Sockets: R-R-G
--------
Item Level: 79
--------
34% increased Spell Damage
--------
Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 500 Chaos Damage per second for 8 seconds
Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers
28% increased Damage over Time
60% increased Spell Damage
16% increased Chaos Damage
+20% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
--------
Shaper Item

this adds alot to the Blight/Vaal Blight DoTs, i just lose a few k damage from the death aura. honestly, i have no clue if it would be a good idea to try to get something "to hit" the enemy, to get the decay too (to stupid to use PoB for that apparently...).

https://pastebin.com/DHZ1QzKb

any ideas?
Last edited by NaBeRa on Jan 4, 2019, 8:21:09 AM
oh, and how do i 6link my chest? just spam fusings? decissions and decissions...
"
NaBeRa wrote:
oh, and how do i 6link my chest? just spam fusings? decissions and decissions...

If you plan on using the wand which is a shaper item, I'd consider rerolling it until you get the shaper version of non-ailment chaos damage multiplier because it can roll up to 38% I believe. with considering to use Essence drain, I think that's entirely up to player preference. I don't have the paitence to aim a tiny little dot at something most days The damage was roughly the same before 3.5 however it might be less now considering the buff that chaos dots got.

In regards to linking the chest, you do that the way you link anything else, though you don't really need to link the chest because all the gems will affect Death Aura.
Anyone see the staff you can craft with bound and aberrant fossils?

Ive seen one up on the poe.trade that had 140% minion and 65% chaos multi, thats insane. I created a staff like that on pob and my dps is at 260k for deaths oath! with flask/hindered ticked on. We could even 6L the staff for vaal blight goodness.
Last edited by GManSta on Jan 7, 2019, 11:52:33 PM
I had the same idea. But i would have a serious health problem, with dropping my ES total to about 5,1k with current setup.
According to Path of Building, my Death Aura damage is a pitiful 33k and I can't figure out why it's so low. Could someone take a look and tell me the super obvious thing I probably missed to make me look stupid?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info