[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Yeah ok then i thought the right way . i took a 20% Quality Arcane surge 4 the extra dmg . thx 4 the fast reply Flasher :)
Can I use this as a Lab Farmer? How does it handle Traps/Argus/Izaro?

Edit: Nevermind, found the v3.0 video of it.
Last edited by Davos_Seaworth on Apr 19, 2018, 11:47:13 AM
Overall a great mapping build and I love the concept behind it since DO was available. Love that Occultist had some great buffs this patch and now have the character doing quick map runs. It's also nice when corrupted maps "brick" but since there isn't a single mod that will prevent me from clearing with the DO character.

Here is just a quick idea though. What if the chest piece was linked and we can swap a gem in there for ED (Maybe replace conc effect). Is anyone proficient enough with PoB to see how much damage we can push out with the build? Not sure how the rotation will fit but we can hard cast a strong, linked ED and rotate with blight when boss fights allow. It definitely adds more expense to the build having to 6 link but I'm curious what the results would look like.
"
Arghuul wrote:
Yeah ok then i thought the right way . i took a 20% Quality Arcane surge 4 the extra dmg . thx 4 the fast reply Flasher :)

No problem! I try to keep on top of things, but sometimes it gets away from me!

"
Can I use this as a Lab Farmer? How does it handle Traps/Argus/Izaro?

Edit: Nevermind, found the v3.0 video of it.

Yes it can definitely run lab, (don't think I've done a video for 3.2 but I don't think much has changed between 3.0 and 3.2)

"
f3lcrow wrote:
Overall a great mapping build and I love the concept behind it since DO was available. Love that Occultist had some great buffs this patch and now have the character doing quick map runs. It's also nice when corrupted maps "brick" but since there isn't a single mod that will prevent me from clearing with the DO character.

Here is just a quick idea though. What if the chest piece was linked and we can swap a gem in there for ED (Maybe replace conc effect). Is anyone proficient enough with PoB to see how much damage we can push out with the build? Not sure how the rotation will fit but we can hard cast a strong, linked ED and rotate with blight when boss fights allow. It definitely adds more expense to the build having to 6 link but I'm curious what the results would look like.

Overall a 6l ed would definitely increase your damage (for ed at least). You're Death aura would drop a decent amount because conc effect is the biggest damage modifier on it. So you'd have a lot more single target damage, but I haven't really noticed a need for more single target damage even in tier 15's. Shaper guardians take a few minutes to kill so a heavy hitting single target would probably be nicer for that.
First off, awesome build, map clearing feels amazing with this build and super fun.
A couple of issues and thoughts i'm having. Thoughts on taking double curse and running Aspect of the spider instead? 15% damage reduction and damage taken to mobs, plus a slow.

Also how do you deal with bosses? at lvl 75 i am struggling to kill tier 6 bosses in a reasonable speed.
"
dormleand wrote:
First off, awesome build, map clearing feels amazing with this build and super fun.
A couple of issues and thoughts i'm having. Thoughts on taking double curse and running Aspect of the spider instead? 15% damage reduction and damage taken to mobs, plus a slow.

Also how do you deal with bosses? at lvl 75 i am struggling to kill tier 6 bosses in a reasonable speed.

Double curse with AotS is perfectly fine, though it only applies a hinder(which blight does) and gives up to 15% increased damage taken. The damage reduction part is from one of the unique items but it's still a nice debuff to have on the enemy.

For bosses, until you get a decent amount of es 6k+ you'll have to likely dance around the bosses avoiding their big hits (uber lab ascend is great too if you don't have it yet).
i cant run 3 curses with discipline and vitality, what am i missing?
setup is:
blasphemy (from helmet)- enfeeble-despair-temporal chains- lvl3 enlighten.
vitality-discipline- lvl3 enlighten.

i cant run all of them at once.
currently im 88% reserved with discipline, vitality and 2 curses.
do i need to take the 2 reduced mana reserved nodes from the tree? near ZO.

btw, why didnt you take Essence Surge? recharge rate + faster start of recharge.
Last edited by HybridBoy on Apr 23, 2018, 2:22:42 PM
"
HybridBoy wrote:
i cant run 3 curses with discipline and vitality, what am i missing?
setup is:
blasphemy (from helmet)- enfeeble-despair-temporal chains- lvl3 enlighten.
vitality-discipline- lvl3 enlighten.

i cant run all of them at once.
currently im 88% reserved with discipline, vitality and 2 curses.
do i need to take the 2 reduced mana reserved nodes from the tree? near ZO.

btw, why didnt you take Essence Surge? recharge rate + faster start of recharge.

The reason why you can't currently run all 3 curses and 2 auras is because you don't have a chaos impresence. (Until you get that you'll need to fill out some of the mana reserve nodes and a Warlords gem that reduces mana reserve probably.

The reason why I don't have Essence surge anymore is because 5 points for 15% faster start didn't feel worth it when I can grab some more es to make up for the difference. Getting the leo enchants on your rings are generally enough to keep you alive while you run around.

But if you want the extra 15% faster recharge start then it's entirely up to you.
Last edited by FlasherCatcher on Apr 24, 2018, 10:48:30 AM
i could buy it, but then im running into RES and STR problem.
i wont be able to cap my res and get enough STR to equip the chest armor.
"
HybridBoy wrote:
i could buy it, but then im running into RES and STR problem.
i wont be able to cap my res and get enough STR to equip the chest armor.

Yeah those will become a bit harder to juggle around, If you can get 2 rings with 40+ str and 100+ total res.

If you want you can also grab a different belt, I'm currently using this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info