0.9.6d Patch Notes

since this patch i am getting Client Crash using anything other than local chat..global chat=client crash..party chat=client crash..whisper=client crash..i hav downloaded this patch twice just 2 make sure it wasnt a hickup with the 1st.any suggestions?
oops wrong section..but still need help if any1 can.
Last edited by Ooga on Feb 17, 2012, 2:02:35 AM
"
Chris wrote:

Higher Maelstrom areas now have slightly higher numbers of magic and rare monsters

Which is the max lvl of Chaos area atm?
"
pwner wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Higher Maelstrom areas now have slightly higher numbers of magic and rare monsters

Which is the max lvl of Chaos area atm?

"
Ooga wrote:
since this patch i am getting Client Crash using anything other than local chat..global chat=client crash..party chat=client crash..whisper=client crash..i hav downloaded this patch twice just 2 make sure it wasnt a hickup with the 1st.any suggestions?
oops wrong section..but still need help if any1 can.

Please PM me and we'll sort this out :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
Yes, a Beta Manifesto update is coming soon.

Soon means whenever I find time to finish it this weekend :)

How far are you with it atm (~ in %) ^^
The manifesto is really in need of an update, for all that interested people who cant look into the beta discussions it must be frustrating not only to not being able to take part, but even to look at a three month old, outdated information...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I will be doing F5 to the beta manifiesto thread each 10 mins this weekend!

Great news Chris, and thanks :)
If it were trivial to add, a counter indicating how many levels into Chaos we are would be nice.

There also appears to have been a stealth graphics change. Fonts are different, things look clearer and better to me, though how to define what I'm seeing exactly is hard. I run with graphics settings turned down as low as I can, if that makes a difference, though my graphics card could handle it higher.
"
Dentata wrote:
There also appears to have been a stealth graphics change. Fonts are different, things look clearer and better to me, though how to define what I'm seeing exactly is hard. I run with graphics settings turned down as low as I can, if that makes a difference, though my graphics card could handle it higher.

In HC last night, we noticed the following:

1) Font size for items on the ground is slightly smaller
2) Font size for item titles (hover overlay) is slightly larger
3) Item overlay when you hover on items on the ground seems locked to the bottom right

It's a bit funky, but overall the ground looks a little less cluttered when there is a lot of drops.
I got a question about new chaos.

So if you enter a new area from within chaos, that area will have increase in rare mobs.

is this like progressive?

Does each new area adds more rare monsters or is there a cap to it?
Insan
Is hover font smaller than before or camera is zoomed out for about 5-10%? If so, why nothing about that in patch notes?
Mirror of Kalandra?
I confirm game font change and that the font overall (besides "item headline") are smaller and better. Ground is much less cluttered. Item stats are much easier to read.

Things to do with fontss and items:

- better sockets wisibility when item is on the ground
- better item quaslity visibility when item is on the ground (maybe background in other colour?)
- CHAT OVERHAUL!!! New shortcuts ( /w /p /r /g ), font scaling, chat moving and scaling, etc....

BTW. I notice massive drop rate nerf of items with +quality, esecially weapons. They drop too much before but now is a little to low i think - i finish three act 1 mops on normal and ZERO quality (even +1 one) weapons drop and maybe 3 armor pieces overall. A LITTLE Too low imho.

BTW2. I go through normal and there is really to low amount of blue/yellow mobs. I often have 5 blue ond one rare per (rather big in PoE) map.
I strongly suggest that normal maps hav forced spawn - ~15-20 (at least) BLUES and at least 2-4 rares per map.
And increase this MINIMUM values with difficulty levels.

Last edited by Kabraxis on Feb 17, 2012, 1:49:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info