0.9.6d Patch Notes

Version 0.9.6d
  • Increased the frequency of rare monsters in Merciless difficulty.
  • Increased the frequency of rare monsters in the Maelstrom of Chaos. Higher Maelstrom areas now have slightly higher numbers of magic and rare monsters.
  • Added support for password-protected leagues.
  • Added performance metric logging to the patching client in order to test various CDNs.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Great.. I was struggling in Chaos as it is.. now you've gone and made it more difficult!! =P O well, guess I just have to build a better character.
"
Higher Maelstrom areas now have slightly higher numbers of magic and rare monsters.

What do you mean by higher areas? Continuation of zones?
Congrats Chris & Co for not giving any compromises regarding difficulty !! Much appreciated for your commitments that you have been keeping (since 0.9.6b especially) so far.

"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Feb 16, 2012, 7:54:34 PM
thats what it sounds like to me faerwin.
IGN: @Chopatron
"
faerwin wrote:
"
Higher Maelstrom areas now have slightly higher numbers of magic and rare monsters.

Yes, the ones that you get to by going deeper - rather than rerolling the first area to get the ledge ;)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
no drop increase in chaos? T.T
Insan
"
Chris wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
"

Yes, the ones that you get to by going deeper - rather than rerolling the first area to get the ledge ;)

Hahaha, are you spying on my witch? ;)

I always left the chaos after one level because I thought when I tried the exit door nothing happened.

Does Chaos work like: You get a random map, and it is the "first" level of chaos, then you finish, go to the next random map (Could be same map) through the exit, which is considered the next tier of difficulty in Chaos?

EDIT: Do these higher areas have a better drop rate? Is there a reward beyond challenge? Just wondering. I guess they would by virtue of more rare monsters to fight.
FFA loot sucks.
Last edited by Die_Scream on Feb 16, 2012, 8:08:59 PM
are the higher areas identifieable by their level? or will the next higher area still be lvl 60 and is just "higher"

i liked that the 10th level in the past was lvl 58 and '58 chaos groups' were able to exist, will we have that again?

havent played much lately but i had the impression that those dont exist anymore as ive never heard anyone ask for something like '62 chaos group'..
Last edited by DenzelW on Feb 16, 2012, 8:10:38 PM
"
PaxPro wrote:
no drop increase in chaos? T.T

More rare mobs = better drops...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info