Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Audio Feedback.

Edit: Nevermind, found known issues list.
Last edited by leetminiwheat on Oct 20, 2012, 4:33:59 AM
"Still alive, are we?"
Even though it's a good line, this is Tarkleigh's only greeting, that you hear over and over. Any chance there's some more greetings that's not currently in the game? My dear Nessa has like 4 different ways to clear her voice when I go talk to her :)
Last edited by Thalandor on Nov 2, 2012, 11:06:51 AM
Ill take a look at the recordings again at some point, may be able to find something appropriate.
The audio guy.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Ill take a look at the recordings again at some point, may be able to find something appropriate.

Just have him shout GRANDADDY CRAB at you.
I searched but couldn't come up with anything, if you're aware of this already I apologize. Currently on my system (which uses a creative card, and I've done most of the workarounds to prevent the previous BSOD issue, which included disabling xram) the audio file that plays when you reach the end of the road in prisoner's gate ("Find your own way inland exile!") has a slight "clip" at the very end that sounds like a microphone being turned off. It's a slight pop that my ears cringe at everytime I run through this zone. I hope I have made you aware of this if you hadn't previously heard it.
srdy
Interesting, ill take a listen but I don't think that is happening on my system
The audio guy.
While the music is incredible, some parts of the game could really use some kind of implementation of a boredom-switch.
The boredom-switch, in short, is a way to create expense and minimize the annoying effect that repeating music can have, by disabling or greatly turning down music that has been repeated a certain number of times.
First implemented by Martin O'Donnell in Halo CE (which in, great contrast to for example Halo 4, was revolutionizing because of the innovation and finesse of the music. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSqm5Id6Hw0), the boredom-switch turned off the music after it had been repeated between 4 and 7 times depending on length of track and where it was implemented. If you progressed very slowly through a certain area (and you would progress slowely on the harder difficulties), the last part of the area you would fight with only the ambient sounds of the wind, the trees and the mysterious ring.
THIS HAD A FANTASTIC EFFECT
Of course this game is very different and the boredom-switch would have to be redesigned to work correctly, but oh my the impact it would have.

I'm not exactly sure how it would work in POE yet, but one place where it would be easy to implement and have a great effect would be in the towns. While sorting my stash, having the awesome POE game music play is nice the first five times it is looped, but after that it would be great if it just phased out. Hearing the same number repeated 40 times is unfortunate.

To make a real implementation of the boredom-switch the maps would have to be designed very differently as to support the spawn of many trigger zones that would help determine what music should be played.

Oh, and this is a technicality but couldn't you make a separate thread on windows that would handle the music (but not the in-game sound effects) so that loading and playing music does not affect the frame-rate so much as it does now, and so loading-zones doesn't affect the playing of current music?

EDIT:
I could not find a lot on the internet about this subject (stunning I know), but here might be some info. Beginning of page 7: http://www.gamessound.com/interactive.pdf
Oh and another place where the music should fade out would be after the fight with the Warden. I don't need dramatic music for the 4 minutes i send on picking up loot and choosing what passive skill to select.
Last edited by Luage on Jan 15, 2013, 3:35:26 PM
Good feedback, thanks!

"boredom-switch"

Hopefully we will get something like this eventually, I'll look into it
The audio guy.
agreed - boredom switch sounds great!
With its current length, The 'battle' portion of the brutus fight soundtrack (the empty level and the brutus level) ALWAYS starts after the fight is finished. We ought to either make the suspenseful first part of the track much shorter, or cut the track in 2 parts for the 2 levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info