Audio Feedback.

If you could split the Ambience and Combat sounds in the options it would be great.

Combat sounds in general seem a little quiet. Would be nice to turn them up a few dB compared to the Ambience.

Also like the idea for a bordem switch, especially for when your in the safe zone at your stash box etc
Last edited by Exile_3I on Jan 24, 2013, 7:31:17 PM
Ambient fader is planned! but unfortunately its one of those low priority things
The audio guy.
So I just downloaded the game today, and I haven't read up on the different feedback. But the audio in general is very buggy to me. Crackling and all "sci-fi-like", electronic and choppy, hard to explain.. buggy is the best word I've got. And it's not like single sounds in the game, but the audio in general. It took a few minutes of gameplay before it happening as well, which is really making the game unplayable(with audio at least, and that's kind of a big deal). I'm using the audio output on my motherboard, siberiav2 headset, everything up-to-date. Haven't experienced this in any other game, playing/have played D3, Sc2, DotA2, Tera recently, as well as other games in the past. And this is a first for me.

Wish I could have explained it better, but is this known? Have other peopled mentioned problems like this? And why is it happening/how to fix? :) thanks!
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
Ambient fader is planned! but unfortunately its one of those low priority things

Sounds like the Combat audio has been turned up today? :)

Hi Andi,

So far I think the general sound effects are fine but the game would benefit from the following adjustments:
a. more environement sounds in outside area (i.e. wind, water, birds or better vultures)
b. more idle monsters sounds: would be key to improve the atmosphere of the inside areas, some grunting, some skeletons walking, some metalics sounds on the ground when a door is openned. At the moment I am not feeling "opressed" enough in the prison
c. more unique monster noise: the butcher (sry warden) should feel more intimidating (remember "Fresh meat"?)

Again I think the quality is more than excellent for a free game, but I am guessing you guys are aiming for perfection, isn't it ?
Another thing missing: more area specifics quote from the player character.

While entering the jungle/forest the very first time you want to hear "I can feel the tree corrupted by some evil magic" or something similar from your witch.

Those little details really count in the end.
Last edited by ddd_ on Jan 27, 2013, 6:38:47 AM
Four things:

- Brutus' lines are very easily drowned out by the BMG, it's really hard to understand what he says exactly.
- I liked the death sound of the necromancers from closed beta way more than the new sound. This sound seems to get drowned out very easily too to me, especially when a lot of combat is going on, whereas the old sound was very distinct. The old sound made more sense too, because they speak in reverse anyway, so their death scream should be in reverse too imo.
- In act III, I can't help but notice that the bow skeletons are audibly shooting, but nothing is actually happening. Is this a bug? It's very confusing.
- Too much "recycled" music. Maybe because making fitting music to an environment can take up quite a bit of time, but I really hope that some of the recycled music in Act III will be replaced by an "original" score. I'm thinking here of the areas like Battlefront, and the Catacombs.

Other than that the sound is great. Kudos!
My one complaint is the sound of smashing objects, It makes me cringe how muted the sound is. There is no umf to it, maybe it's missing bass (not sure, not a sound guy =/ ). Loving the game so far GGG keep it up! Sorry if this has been brought up, but with my time with the game so far this sticks out to me the most.
One thing I noticed is that my zombies play their attack connecting sound when their abominably slow attacks connects with a target I already killed. The problem with this is that the sound makes me think my zombies are attacking something that's still alive.
i played this game many times but i cannot recall anything memorable at first. - so its not a good sign.

After i try to remember anything memorable (audio) all i can remember is:

portal sound
vaal overseer sound(even tho i have killed that boss less than 10times!)
character talk after entering certain areas(good thing in itself)

But overall - good lord this game is average in sound/music departament. Sorry to tell the truth. The good news is that i cant recall negative sounds/music intervals, which is good thing, compared to even latest big hit-diablo3 where game has issues in sound departament.

Mobs needs to be more recognisable in their sound like (diablo2 those gargantuan beasts have a very ear pleasing dying sound! same with those corrupt rogues) Make mobs more significant. Thanks for reading my rant/opinion :)
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info