40 cent for a meal?

@deathflwer. Private property and almost no government is the answer. Only thing gverment should do is protect private property liberty and life. Notice the bigger govts has these ppl dependent and steals from them? To the point of starvation even?(see NK or cambodia) In the west, as we make moves towards state control, the larger govt gets the larger gini index grows. It's simple really why. Power corrupts. Private property dilutes that power
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 23, 2017, 6:37:49 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
It's simple really why. Power corrupts. Private property dilutes that power

Private property also corrupts :)

Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
@deathflwer. Private property and almost no government is the answer. Only thing gverment should do is protect private property liberty and life. Notice the bigger govts has these ppl dependent and steals from them? To the point of starvation even? In the west the larger govt gets the larger gini index grows. It's simple really why. Power corrupts. Private property dilutes that power

And your corporations corrupt your government. Sorry I don't believe in your corporate anarchy ideologies. It has nothing to do with size but rather a need for fair and just governance. It isn't that corporations are self-regulating, but society in general tends to be contractually self-regulating if not it tend to destroy itself. Shitty companies tend to goes bankrupt or close down. Not that shitty companies doesn't exist. Who is gonna bring down Anti-competitive practices from corporations with no government?
Last edited by deathflower on Aug 23, 2017, 8:24:47 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
It's simple really why. Power corrupts. Private property dilutes that power

Private property also corrupts :)

I dont see any any key!
"
Necromael wrote:
To add up on above post, except food getting expensive, huge quantities of food are disposed of daily and wasted. Humans are wasteful with food, at least in first world countries. Wonder when there will be laws in motion to limit people in food spending (in a way that prevents those huge quantities getting thrown away while still viable for consumption).

Expiration dates on a lot of stuff is also not completely accurate. I ate some peanuts the other day that expired last year, and they weren't spoiled, and tasted just fine. Canned goods can be good many years, sometimes decades after the expiration date. As long as the can isn't bulging, it's probably good. Stuff like dried rice, and beans can be good for decades. Flour, and corn meal can be too if it's stored properly.

I got a few sealed containers loaded with beans, rice, spices, and other stuff. Just in case the world decides to fall apart. Probably got 6 months worth of food. And it will be good for at least 20 years, minimum, because everything is vacuum sealed. And that's assuming I can't kill any animals or catch any fish to supplement my diet.

My observations about people who waste lots of food, is that they cook too much and then put leftovers in the fridge that nobody is going to eat. My mom used to do this frequently. That's a mistake I learned not to make. I might make a big batch of something like chili, because I know it will be good for a couple weeks, and I'll eventually eat it. But for something like fried chicken, I'll portion out what I want to eat, and freeze the rest. I'm not an organized person, but my freezer is pretty organized. Anything packaged in huge portions, I'll divide up, and vacuum seal into smaller portions before freezing it.

The other day, I went to the grocery store, and they had a big slab of meat marked incorrectly as "brisket", and it was actually a huge chunk of sirloin, uncut. It was like $54, and I got about 18 1" thick sirloin steaks out of it. I marinated or spiced them in individually vacuum sealed packs, and I'll be eating steak for awhile. Whoever marked that incorrectly was a fucking idiot. I used to work as a butcher when I was 18, so I know meats. I never made that mistake.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Aug 23, 2017, 1:02:58 PM
well the thing about wasting food is I would love to give it away but until I can some how teleport it across the globe I cant really help the starvin marvins of the world
I dont see any any key!
The community that eats together, stays together.
"
SuicideAll wrote:
The community that eats together, stays together.

Cannibalism is apparently not dead yet.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
DalaiLama wrote:

How do we get struggling countries to lower their levels of violence and achieve long term governmental stability?

That's the Trillion dollar question.

There is a simple answer, but saying it out loud will probably do you no good in a world where warmongering 7th-century beliefs are protected.
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
"
MinasMorgul wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

How do we get struggling countries to lower their levels of violence and achieve long term governmental stability?

That's the Trillion dollar question.

There is a simple answer, but saying it out loud will probably do you no good in a world where warmongering 7th-century beliefs are protected.

If that comment from Lama was intended to have anything to do with Cambodia, it was grossly misinformed. Long version below in the spoiler but short version is that Cambodia was doing great until America killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians (without the approval of their own congress), China armed the surviving orphans and told them it was all because of capitalism, and England sent the SAS to train them in guerrilla warfare tactics.

Overall outside interference has directly killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people here, and contributed to the deaths of millions. Now you want to ask what you have to do to make the country stable?

Spoiler
Cambodia was doing great in the 60's. Then America decided that because there were Viet Cong hiding out in Cambodian jungles, that they would carpet bomb Cambodia from the Vietnamese border all the way to Phnom Penh.

According to US government statistics, this caused the deaths of over 300,000 innocent civilians. Take a moment to process that. A nation that was doing well for itself got carpet bombed by America leaving hundreds of thousands of people dead, all because they were angry that some Vietnamese people were hiding out in the jungle......

Then China came along and started handing out assault rifles to the newly orphaned people in rural areas and told them the problems came from the capitalist politicians in the capital city. They grouped calling themselves the Khmer Rouge, marched on the capital, and killed literally millionsover the next 4 years.

America sat and watched and did nothing (while the likes of Chomsky actually cheered on the genocidal regime), as did the rest of the world. At the end of the 70's the genocide (which had already killed millions by this point) started to spill over the border into Vietnam, so they intervened and basically saved the nation.

England wasn't happy about this, do despite the fact that the Khmer Rouge had already killed millions of their own people, Margret Thatcher sent the SAS to train them on guerrilla warfare tactics, which resulted in an insurgency that didn't stop until the mid 90's.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Aug 24, 2017, 6:40:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info