40 cent for a meal?

Hi all,

one of the best things of Path of Exile in my opinion is the community. It is fun to play with you guys and the forum is most of the time not rude (ofc there are exceptions...)

We also have so many players that spend hundreds of dollars for supporter packs so I thought I want to try to get some of you guys to spend a tiny amount each day for fighting hunger.

There is an app called "ShareTheMeal" which gets quite viral these days. Short explanation: Get a reminder every day at 12pm to spend 40cent in order to gift a child out there food for a whole day.

The app is made by the World Food Programme.

In this app you can spend as community, so I created #PathOfExile
I hope that we can get a big part all together. Just 40 cent a day. That´s nothing. You couldn't even buy something for 40 cents these days :)

https://sharethemeal.org

So join me if you want. If not, just go back to other forum topics.

Thanks
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2017, 6:36:21 AM
bump
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Aug 17, 2017, 5:22:55 AM
Nah, they should feast on my facebook-like. Or start fixing their shitty societies.

Save yourself.
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
What guilt-ridden BS is this, OP? Comparing our supporter dollars to feeding hungry kids? Go spam on bleeding heart web sites instead. Reminds me of those ASPCA sad, abused puppy commercials. -_-

If you truly care about World Hunger, you wouldn't be playing PoE, but instead be doing humanitarian work in 3rd world countries. So get off your comfy computer chair, couch, or whatever, leave your air conditioned home, sell all your materialistic belongings, and make that pilgrimage to save the hungry kids!
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
What guilt-ridden BS is this, OP? Comparing our supporter dollars to feeding hungry kids? Go spam on bleeding heart web sites instead. Reminds me of those ASPCA sad, abused puppy commercials. -_-

If you truly care about World Hunger, you wouldn't be playing PoE, but instead be doing humanitarian work in 3rd world countries. So get off your comfy computer chair, couch, or whatever, leave your air conditioned home, sell all your materialistic belongings, and make that pilgrimage to save the hungry kids!

This thread will benefit more people of the world than both Trump threads put together.
"
totalbackline wrote:
This thread will benefit more people of the world than both Trump threads put together.

That's not setting the bar very high, tbh.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
wow the forum negativity spills over even here....

sad
I dont see any any key!
"
totalbackline wrote:

And what, you don't think people do their own service to mankind, donations, or volunteer work outside of these forums? How entitled of you to assume this thread is doing some sort of benefit, let alone the thought that it's the only way people here will make a difference in the world. That reeks of a guilty conscience mentality.

"
k1rage wrote:

Yup, indeed, I am 100% guilty of that. Perhaps it's because I abhor guilt trippers like the OP.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 18, 2017, 10:51:44 AM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
totalbackline wrote:

And what, you don't think people do their own service to mankind, donations, or volunteer work outside of these forums? How entitled of you to assume this thread is doing some sort of benefit, let alone the thought that it's the only way people here will make a difference in the world. That reeks of a guilty conscience mentality.

"
k1rage wrote:

Yup, indeed, I am 100% guilty of that. Perhaps it's because I abhor guilt trippers like the OP.

I dident really feel like it was guilt trip I guess, just thought it was a PSA about an app that may help a few starvin marvins
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
I dident really feel like it was guilt trip I guess, just thought it was a PSA about an app that may help a few starvin marvins

The guilt trip part:
"
Cyderic wrote:
We also have so many players that spend hundreds of dollars for supporter packs so I thought I want to try to get some of you guys to spend a tiny amount each day for fighting hunger.

Without that part, I would have probably never responded. ;-) And it would have been a decent PSA.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 18, 2017, 11:22:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info