NO LONGER MAINTAINED

If you are still playing mage skel in 3.2 (which is, IMO, a big mistake, warriors skeletons will be crazily OP right now, you can get 250K dps shaper easily per skeleton), the way to go is getting only 8 skeletons +2 from ascendancy (completly remove graves intention, for instance) for a total of 10. Trying to get 15 mages is too costly.
Last edited by Keyen on Feb 27, 2018, 5:23:05 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
If you are still playing mage skel in 3.2 (which is, IMO, a big mistake, warriors skeletons will be crazily OP right now, you can get 250K dps shaper easily per skeleton), the way to go is getting only 8 skeletons +2 from ascendancy (completly remove graves intention, for instance) for a total of 10. Trying to get 15 mages is too costly.

For a boss killer ye maybe, i still cant think of skelly warriors for map clearing.
If there wont be any new items with + skellys its probably better to stay at 10, i agree with that.
"
Shareware wrote:
"
Keyen wrote:

For a boss killer ye maybe, i still cant think of skelly warriors for map clearing.
If there wont be any new items with + skellys its probably better to stay at 10, i agree with that.

The problem is the huge dps loss between warrior and mages. Yes, mages are better for clear (but warrior with melee splash and the +100% movement speed + summon right on top of a pack isn't bad at all, it's SRS but better), the problem is how the tree is completly different between the two builds (you don't need aura for mages while you do need them for warriors), and thus, it's difficult to switch between them.

And I prefer a boss destroyer + good clear to an excellent clear but below average boss killer.
Last edited by Keyen on Feb 27, 2018, 5:43:51 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
"
Shareware wrote:
"
Keyen wrote:

The problem is the huge dps loss between warrior and mages. Yes, mages are better for clear (but warrior with melee splash and the +100% movement speed + summon right on top of a pack isn't bad at all, it's SRS but better), the problem is how the tree is completly different between the two builds (you don't need aura for mages while you do need them for warriors), and thus, it's difficult to switch between them.

And I prefer a boss destroyer + good clear to an excellent clear but below average boss killer.

I played a summonern last league adding vanguards on top of the skelly mages and killed all bosses but uber atziri which didn't try because i had no intrest in killing her. I dropped pledge went scourge + shield 6L vis mortis for skellys and elder helmet for 6L spectre bosses just melted without any issue. SKellys are good to for clear and to keep the abyss jewel mod up (%inc minion dmg when used a minion skill recently).

I also prefer map clear over boss killer i'm fine when i'm able to kill all bosses up to t15. I can always make another chr to farm bosses if i want to.
Last edited by Shareware on Feb 27, 2018, 5:50:32 PM
@Shareware Thoughts on necromancer ascendancy changes?
"Learn well the lessons that Wraeclast will teach you, Witch. It is your only hope of finding your way home."
"
ThePogChamp wrote:
@Shareware Thoughts on necromancer ascendancy changes?

Looks good so far, need to see all new uniques and patchnotes to tell more.
"
Shareware wrote:
s
"
giggig92 wrote:
with new ascendancy node you can summon up to 12 skeleton mage with this build, (with 3 Dead Reckoning), no?

anyway im testing this build in hc and its good, not at level of spectre, but pretty solid and nice dps

7 life 3k mana for mom, at liv 90, but im using kaoms hearth (think is better for hc), at liv 9596-97 with best items i thnk you can reach 8k life

less defensive then spectre, they have around 6k life, but fortify and more block, and less damage, but we need to see the patch notes, if they nerf spectre how i think, i will use this build for sure

It might be worth it if you get closer to 15 by using items with +skellys not sure thou, waiting for patch notes. still not sure what to start bestiary with.

id go the opposite and use it as a way to avoid the less rationally placed summoner nodes

getting to 15 mages would restrict gear choices substantially
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Shareware wrote:
s
"
giggig92 wrote:
with new ascendancy node you can summon up to 12 skeleton mage with this build, (with 3 Dead Reckoning), no?

anyway im testing this build in hc and its good, not at level of spectre, but pretty solid and nice dps

7 life 3k mana for mom, at liv 90, but im using kaoms hearth (think is better for hc), at liv 9596-97 with best items i thnk you can reach 8k life

less defensive then spectre, they have around 6k life, but fortify and more block, and less damage, but we need to see the patch notes, if they nerf spectre how i think, i will use this build for sure

It might be worth it if you get closer to 15 by using items with +skellys not sure thou, waiting for patch notes. still not sure what to start bestiary with.

id go the opposite and use it as a way to avoid the less rationally placed summoner nodes

getting to 15 mages would restrict gear choices substantially

As said further down, if there arent any new items or mods comming i agree.
The patch notes really made me want to push skeleton warriors to the limit next league, their single target is just absurd pre-patch, and now that their hits can't be evaded among the other buffs they got I really want to see how they turn out.

I begun by playing skeleton necromancer couple of leagues ago and kept playing that until they gave QOL changes to spectres which made me try them, while they're fun they're no where near as fun as skeletons are.

Next Patch imagine stacking as much attack speed, movement speed, minion life and damage, that on top of having the ability to drop alot of skeletons on top of enemies with a single cast, they will be amazing we won't need Dead Reckoning.

With that much movement speed they will be zipping across the screen killing everything.
Would you consider this to be viable in 3.2, if so would you change the ascendancy around? Like picking up puppet master or bone sculptor. Just wondering because i wanted to use a summon skeleton build for the new league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info