[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Now, if only those projectiles could shotgun or hit the same target more than once, I would change to KB mines + PS/VPS in a blink of an eye, sadly, it doesn't and barrage is still the shit for single target and it's pretty fkn annoying to use on bosses if you want to scale proj, mines and attack damage instead.

Bowers/wanders use many abyss jewels with flat dmg for their atk skills, while miner will prefer spell dmg/crit. However, is that the only option we have? Can't we just scale elem/phy dmg, global crit chance/multi, then just go full conversion? It should benefit both KB/PS and GC, right?
And, if this assumption is accurate, we could avoid using barrage.

"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Shadow into Saboteur is the safe bet.

Though, being a min-maxer Scion opens a lot of variation such as LL (if you're into that) though, with that new unique belt leaked a few weeks ago, we might not even need to go that route, but elementalist for beacon of ruin for guaranteed shock + effectiveness might be nice for people sticking around with arc mines :)

With the changes to Sabo's mini nodes and shadow passive tree in general, it might be a pain in the ass to map with a Scion version, the main issue people might encounter is mine's clunkiness from not having enough mine recovery or instant detonation. For a pure boss killer, yeah sure thing, Scion would probably be where I'd go, for carries and such in 3.2 but Saboteur can do that as well w/o suffering from mine laying issues/speed-

To be honest, I was not sure to go GC Miner, until you mentioned new mechanics. I played it for two leagues already, and went pretty far with the last one.

My current version - while not fully min/maxed - can pretty much do uber elder deathless on my own realm. It took me around 20 runs to achieve. We do not have endurance charges, so we cannot "cheese" half of the fight with immortal call. Also, unlike VD, GC always aim for the nearest target - even if they have immunity. So, we have to stick fairly close to Shaper, which in turn is quite dangerous. Mostly due to the beam at point blank range, and elder getting re-positioned in a bad spot (corner) through his slams. On the next ring, you have hardly any space left for dodging the incoming attacks.

Other content does not provide me any challenge at all... So, going scion would have allowed me to try the LL version, or respec into something else at some point. And, I am not a big fan of leveling several characters per league, since I like pushing my builds as far as possible.

If there are some viable options to make mapping more enjoyable as a sabo, at least in terms of clear speed, I might end up making another one though.

"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

In 3.3 and it's addition of a crap ton of new stuff to toy around with as well, like that new belt which makes your toon count as LL w/o being LL + dertermination/hatred watcher's eye to counter it's negative effect allows for some interesting gearing choices like brightbeak for perma onslaught and global damage increase.

I will have to look into this.
If PS is still available in A1, I am planning to use it with two storm prisons for leveling. ^^
Last edited by Mirchea on May 31, 2018, 12:36:15 AM
"
What about early leveling now that fire trap is gone?

I missed that information, really. I guess the wiki is still filled with old information about gems?

Edit: I tried Arc mines in the helmet slot (shaper with remote mines on), so on a 5 link with the old gem and with the life/ mom tree for GC mines. Was able to kill trash in T16 maps (139% rolled) with 2 placements. I guess that might be indeed a good added 4 - link (instead of arcane surge links?) for leveling/ mapping.

Anyway: I do not have an open skill-slot, really and with arc it would be possible to use vaal arc as well, issnt it?
Last edited by Oxygene_PoE on May 31, 2018, 2:58:24 AM
Hi, just found this video that gave me some additional tips about leveling : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiGvd4F34Fk

Start with explosive trap then can switch @ lv12 to Fire trap.

He also tells this in the comments for leveling with mines :
I don't actually have any experience leveling mines since I was never a fan of the playstyle, but I believe it's mostly the same idea but replace the BBG +1 lightning with a BBB +1 fire for fire nova mine + controlled destruction + elemental focus, and use that until at least level 38 (maybe swap to glacial cascade at that point with a 4L?)
Last edited by d4m00n on May 31, 2018, 3:24:08 AM
With all these new traps and changes of old traps... What's the odds of branching away from GC mines and going with something else without having to change too much in terms of gear and or skill tree?
yeah a lot of friends are saying why not just go arc mines in general over gc mines with the buffs they got. What do you others think of that?
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
In 3.3 and it's addition of a crap ton of new stuff to toy around with as well, like that new belt which makes your toon count as LL w/o being LL + dertermination/hatred watcher's eye to counter it's negative effect allows for some interesting gearing choices like brightbeak for perma onslaught and global damage increase.

Coward's Legacy Chain Belt
You are Cursed with Level 20 Vulnerability
You count as on Low Life while you are Cursed with Vulnerability

Watcher's Eye + Determination makes you immune to Vulnerability

I get that part, but how do you get onslaught and global damage increase from Brightbeak? Or did you mean Dreadbeak (fated version of Redbeak)? Would you run it as a off hand in that case?

Wouldn't it be easier to just run Omeyocan, as long as we can make up for the mana loss?
"
Mirchea wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Coward's Legacy Chain Belt
You are Cursed with Level 20 Vulnerability
You count as on Low Life while you are Cursed with Vulnerability

Watcher's Eye + Determination makes you immune to Vulnerability

I get that part, but how do you get onslaught and global damage increase from Brightbeak? Or did you mean Dreadbeak (fated version of Redbeak)? Would you run it as a off hand in that case?

Wouldn't it be easier to just run Omeyocan, as long as we can make up for the mana loss?

Typo, Dreadbeak I mean, Also it doesn't make you immune to vulnerability, it makes you "unaffected" by it as per "Unaffected by Vulnerability while affected by Determination" which means you still get to keep those LL buffs. as an example, if you use the curse "immune" flask, you won't get the benefits from the belt. Also 30% more damage from pain attunement node.

Omeyocan wouldn't be suited as mana is a big part of our damage mitigation.

Off hand or main hand doesn't matter at this point until I get to actually test it out in game.
Thanks for the update to 3.3, Windz!

I just went through the new life/mom tree and noticed you diddn't take the "additional mine" node beneath volatile mines. I checked myself ingame and without I got one max mine less. Now I wonder what I missed on the other + mine effects, I guess you run max mines as well.

There is something I don't see yet. Probably someone could help me out?
Could we get a more in-depth leveling guide for 3.3 please?
Sorry if I'm being redundant, but, is it mandatory to have 2x the long winter? I mean, does the extra burst gives more dmg? Moreso, why the helm enchant + 2x long winter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info