Trading was always shit, why the sudden influx of complainment threads?

"
Kechop wrote:
People are against an instant-buy auction house because the same shit will be happening, but much faster. Instead of listing low and high, pricefixers will only list high, but buy everything cheaper before you do.

You can just make any item traded through the AH, untradeable (through AH again) for the next 2 weeks. On top of that you can add an AH fee that is 20% of the original sale price (rounded up) to that item if you want to trade it again through the AH after those 2 weeks (but within 5 weeks of sale).

^ Item flipping is dead (well cheaper items need a bigger fee).

Example:
1. You buy a Tabula for 15c.
2. You can now NOT resell it again for 14 days through AH.
2. If you resell it again on the 15th day, you have to pay a 3 chaos fee for re-selling it.

And that solution probably sucks but I came up with it in like 5 seconds so I'm sure that GGG can do way better and find ways to stop flippers if done right.

At the very least an AH will allow us to bulk buy and to get rid of scam listings and hopefully no fully automated bots that scan the AH (like is done now) to instantly notify any flipper AND get rid of the DND/AFK/no response/etc annoyances.

Also:
Player interaction for trading is -.-
Because I do not enjoy interactions when people try to buy my item that I listed for the wrong prices for god knows how long after taking it down, or after selling it, or etc. And I do not enjoy DND/AFK responses nor scammers either.
Last edited by Squirting_Elephant on Aug 14, 2017, 5:56:11 PM
Instead of an AH I would at least like to have a little master-stall in my hideout that players can visit to buy my stuff while I'm offline. So that I can list like 3 items/currency-exchange or so while offline. Especially for maps and gems and currency exchanges!

Damnit I can't delete posts and merge them :/
Last edited by Squirting_Elephant on Aug 14, 2017, 5:53:47 PM
Wait until the console players - who typically won't have access to poe.trade - get a hold of PoE's "trade system".
I don't always trade, but when I do I am reminded of how shit it is and feel the need to post about my experience on the forum.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
brgillespie wrote:
Wait until the console players - who typically won't have access to poe.trade - get a hold of PoE's "trade system".

It will be a hardcore turn off for the great majority of console players and even GGG knows that, I believe they have "special" trading (aka AH-style search engine) built right in game for them.

The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
There is no (rewarding) crafting system to destroy good items. When you make trading easy and open for all (casual players) more and more Items flood the market. There is no viable option to recycle items and makeing it more interesting than selling them. So items get more, price goes down, everyone having superior gear.

I think before GGG is implementing a auction house they have to do something to the crafting system.

Last edited by Bridax on Aug 15, 2017, 3:08:50 AM
Theres a little game called Runescape that has an Auction House called the Grand Exchange. Every item in the game has buyouts, all Jagex does is set a minimum and maximum price for any given item so the range of value for items is within their desired range. Then they collect data on every single transaction made and put it into graphs that can be viewed on their website as far as one year back. This makes flipping a major mechanic of the game for every one, not just a few who decide they want to do it.

People assume that in an AH 1 single person can control an entire market. The fact is it is impossible to do so, especially on a temporary league. You could say that is not the case on standard league, sure. But we can all agree that standard league has the worst economy, with only the best of the best items having any real value. So in fact there is less incentive to even try to manipulate the market because there will always be more items flowing into the game, especially at the end of a league.

An AH could be made GGG simply wants player interaction to be a core component of trading as it is their only method of slowing trade down. They could however put the acquisition of items on a delay so that you don't get things instantly and control item flow that way. Obviously improving trade is not their priority because I could thing of a few ways off the top of my head to make an AH work.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
I haven't played PoE that much in the past that I ever had to trade. But since 3.0 I've really invested a lot of time into the game for the first time and I have to say the trade system is quite awful, but not awful for me to complain about it. Thanks to poe.trade finding items you need with the specific stats, sockets and links is quite easy.

Is there a reason they have not implemented something like a Auction House where you can buy items for currency? It it by no mean at all a reason for me to dislike the game, but I can understand where people are coming from when they complain about the trade system.
"
krotenkoker wrote:
I haven't played PoE that much in the past that I ever had to trade. But since 3.0 I've really invested a lot of time into the game for the first time and I have to say the trade system is quite awful, but not awful for me to complain about it. Thanks to poe.trade finding items you need with the specific stats, sockets and links is quite easy.

Is there a reason they have not implemented something like a Auction House where you can buy items for currency? It it by no mean at all a reason for me to dislike the game, but I can understand where people are coming from when they complain about the trade system.

They do not want trading to become too efficient. They believe the way trade is right now, it is already too efficient. In a game where the amount of builds possible is limited by imagination, acquisition of items must be possible at a reasonable speed. This is not Diablo 3 where trade is not needed because there are only 2 or three viable builds. It is also not like Diablo 3 where you can quickly farm currency (blood shards) and spend that currency at an NPC to deterministically purchase a specific item you desire.

In essence if trade is too quick, you level and clear content faster, and the assumption is that player retention will drop off. IMO i believe the opposite will occur as the ability to quickly try out new builds becomes easier and less cumbersome. It is already bad enough that a failed build requires creating a new character, since you can't freely respec to a new build with existing characters.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
My guess is new acts bring in many more new or returning players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info